Avid Technology

Avid Technology Reviews

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
2.6

Avid Technology President & CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr.
Louis Hernandez, Jr.

Pros
  • Very knowledgeable employees, great products, interesting industry, great customers (in 35 reviews)

• Great people at the company, got to learn many different areas of Finance during the internship (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management sometimes lacks initiative to innovate (in 26 reviews)

• Senior management has no clue what they are doing to the point that we have been delisted and lost all our value (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Great teams, leadership getting better!

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The coworkers and teams are great, many smart and creative people.
    Avid products are way cool and it makes me proud to work on them.
    Products, industry and customer base are top notch, demanding and exciting.
    There is finally leadership in the top ranks and a clear vision and goal for the company.
    Avid is finally changing - moving and aligning towards the vision of Avid Everywhere.

Cons

Too many things are "top priority" at the same time, no focus.
    CEO vision is clear, but I can't feel it in the management below.
    Lack of communication between organizations.

Make company management buy into the vision and lead accordingly.
    Do more for your employees, establish career paths and invest into your loyal employee base.

Oops. We lied again.

I worked at Avid Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Middle management did a good job of screening the executive BS from stopping actual work getting done.

Cons

Revolving door of upper management MBAs from Harvard coming in to save the company for the financial quarter. Rinse, repeat. You never knew when it was going to be your turn to get laid off.

Don't pretend people are going to keep buying your products because once upon a time they were "the industry standard".

Management is completely uninterested in the success of its employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's cliche, but many of the people are fantastic. The product is sexy and the industry is exciting. The company's artistic and passionate roots are still visible at times, though barely.

Cons

Low salaries, lackluster benefits, atrocious work-life balance. Merit increases were suspended while millions were paid out in executive bonuses in 2014. Team building exercises and employee appreciation events have been almost completely phased out. Upper management is not shy to express that they want people to leave, and the company has lost a lot of good people as a result.

Invest in your people.

High Turnover,False promises of Bonus, Stock has no value - No Employee Training programs. Too many Directors

Current Employee - Software Developer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable product

Service is always down when people try to use the product

Cons

Unpaid overtime , Bonuses are promised and then Executives announce end of year no bonuses this year to increase their own bonus returns.

Focus on outsourcing and moving jobs out of North America

High Ratio of turn over , even folks with 20 years come into environment and can't coup with the Survivor game taking place in corporate politics

No Employee focus every next month layoffs and people moving out

Get rid of all the Directors

(INTERN:) I was given specific tasks (daily, weekly, & monthly) and was given helpful lessons in order to be productive.

Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Most internships programs DO NOT compensate their interns, AVID does. This was extremely helpful and allowed me to afford gas, food, and essentials. Also, the "large" size of the program (around 30 students) allows for ideas to be shared and contacts to be made. In addition, the competitiveness of the program's interview process is helpful for the real world and real interviews. Another grat aspect fo the program was the managers flexsbility with intern's hours, days off, and any specific/unique requests; they realize that were not just there for the money and that were there to help and learn. Lastly, The employee's with whom I worked with were all extremely nice and patient while teaching me new skills; random employees would reach out to me to help them with projects and would teach me how to complete them effectively and efficiently. Oh, P.S.- There were some awesome field-trips!

Cons

None that I can think of, maybe just the commute from Salem, MA to Burlington, MA (30 min drive time was on avg. a 1-hour commute during rush hours) :-P

Divide the field-trips up into smaller groups of interns, too many folks at one site was over-whelming!

Creative Services

Former Employee - Creative Director - Consultant in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Creative Director - Consultant in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The Avid brand has a wide range of interesting products to provide creative materials for, and a talented, collaborative-thinking team to work with.

Cons

I had a long commute, which was at times challenging due to the high volume of traffic in Burlington, which has a high concentration of companies.

Retain highly talented employees who are passionate about your brand.

Steady work, lost engineers who had domain knowledge

I worked at Avid Technology

Pros

Very hardworking engineers trying to keep the ship afloat.

Cons

The company has some financial troubles and has been de-listed from the Stock Exchange.

Review

I have been working at Avid Technology

Pros

The work is interesting and Office culture is good Nice colleague . And all the colleague in my group work hard

Cons

Can not work there without a car and do not provide free lunch (haha just a joke)

Great Experience

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great people at the company, got to learn many different areas of Finance during the internship. Always felt as if the work that I was doing was important to the company.

Cons

I didn't have very many issues with the job, but the work can get somewhat repetitive. There's a decent chance that you will work on the same project from 9 to 5.

Be cautious about your job security working for Avid Technology

Former Employee - VTC Tech in Bossier City, LA
    Former Employee - VTC Tech in Bossier City, LA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company has a good benefits package. They offer multiple benefits to when you first start. Lower level employees are great and hard working.

Cons

Leadership needs much needed training. Be wary of your contract. Learned the hard way that this company does not keep true to it's word and will leave you wishing you had sought work elsewhere. One day notice lay offs. No job security. Please make sure you have another job potential before working for this company.

This Management needs to stay true to their word. Make decisions and stick with them. Realize that you are hiring individuals who put trust in your company and learn not to let them down.

Avid Technology Photos