Avid Technology Reviews

Updated October 18, 2014
Updated October 18, 2014
2.6

Avid Technology President & CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr.
Louis Hernandez, Jr.

Pros
  • Very knowledgeable employees, great products, interesting industry, great customers (in 35 reviews)

• Great people at the company, got to learn many different areas of Finance during the internship (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management sometimes lacks initiative to innovate (in 26 reviews)

• Senior management has no clue what they are doing to the point that we have been delisted and lost all our value (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Review

I have been working at Avid Technology

Pros

The work is interesting and Office culture is good Nice colleague . And all the colleague in my group work hard

Cons

Can not work there without a car and do not provide free lunch (haha just a joke)

Steady work, lost engineers who had domain knowledge

I worked at Avid Technology

Pros

Very hardworking engineers trying to keep the ship afloat.

Cons

The company has some financial troubles and has been de-listed from the Stock Exchange.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great people at the company, got to learn many different areas of Finance during the internship. Always felt as if the work that I was doing was important to the company.

Cons

I didn't have very many issues with the job, but the work can get somewhat repetitive. There's a decent chance that you will work on the same project from 9 to 5.

The company is heading in the right direction but at a high cost to employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are lots of very experienced and hard working people.
    Existing Senior Management is working to change the company and idustry

Cons

There is a high turnover rate.
    Employees are expected to take on a heavy workload. Not very work/life balanced.
    No employee raises this past year.except fro Management
    The company culture was once a fun place to work and more interaction occurred but has since changed to more Business oriented and is boring and stuffy

Rome wasn't built in one night.

Eh

Former Employee - Intern in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

They make a lot of money.

Cons

I wanted to get some cool knowledge about the technology and they ended up sticking me in the warehouse.

Great technology and customers but company is somewhat slow in making decisions and committing to innovation.

I worked at Avid Technology full-time

Pros

Cons

Company is slow to commit to innovation, competitive industry and revenue challenges make outlook uncertain

Commit to innovation, shelter innovators from general business processes, reward innovators and risk taker, encourage diverse perspectives and viewpoints

Not a great experience

Former Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary and vacation time

Cons

Some management have no experience in industry

Let your employees do their job

This is great

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Overall, people matter at Avid. The managers that I deal with are always looking for the win/win/win solution. They want a strong company with employees that have exciting challenges combined with a full life with customers that are highly satisfied. The money is good. The benefits are good. The life/work balance is very good. The new CEO and the people that surround him, seem to have a solid plan for bringing the company back to what it once was. During the little over a year since the current CEO took over, there is noticeable improvement and a clear plan for long term success.

Cons

The company is struggling to recover from some bad times. These times have left both dissatisfied customers and some habits that need to be corrected. That does mean that there are crises and things that desperately need fixing. There has definitely been a backing away from some perks that are inconsistent with the company's recovery. This can be hard on some of the longer term employees.

Continue to share the benefits of the successes with the whole set of employees. Maintain a commitment to a clear and concrete plan for the ongoing success of the company. Make sure that everyone knows why Avid does what it does as well as what changes we need to make to achieve success for all. Maintain a balance between what we need to do to deal will immediate issues and what we need to do for long term success.

Challenging product line, lean workforce, great opportunities if leadership can get its act together..

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Avid Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tuition re-reimbursement, challenge of supporting cutting edge media tools for a recession-proof, constantly evolving industry. The chance to contribute to a global enterprise and solve problems for editors and contributors all over the world. The chance to solve problems for creative content contributors on the other side of the globe.

Cons

Big and well-organized (but less-industry focused) competitors crowding out the market,

Bungling of financials by unsound executive teams of the past,

Turnover. Executives have not garnered morale in the past with a series of nearly yearly layoffs and project cancellations. Many good engineers have simply moved on on their own volition.

Work more closely with product teams to build future solutions.

We need more openness and transparency.

It would be nice to get more frequent updates on the results of current campaigns.

Hmmm

I worked at Avid Technology full-time

Pros

Product Specialists and Development team are all very passionate about their products, so in that regard, it becomes more like a family than a job. In this regard the corporate management of the company should be overly thankful that these people still exist within the company structure at all and in the Cons I'll explain why.

Cons

Doing your job day in and out with the cloud hovering over your head of whether you'll be one of the ones let go at the end of the next quarter due to the share price or sales going down is NO WAY to live. It's more then stressful, and goes a long way to confirm the fact that "products that help the industry" is not what Avid is about anymore. The entire structure has become too complicated. You don't feel appreciated at all, you're just a number, LITERALLY, a number somewhere in the country doing something.

Bring in people at the very top who are from the industry that is relevant. Make the staff on a whole feel appreciated. Stop just cutting staff every time a share price changes or you decide sales are down so people must go. Start creating an atmosphere that the staff on a whole can be proud of. HOLD ON to the people who love the product and help them grow, bring in their ideas, and get politics and politically minded people out of the company. Avid provides creative products to a creative industry. Start listening to the staff and the user base and you may find some former glory again. Right now looking on from the outside, it's just disappointing, and I feel bad for the friends of mine who still work there.

Avid Technology Photos