Avidyne Corporation

A transformed company

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Avidyne Corporation full-time

Pros

The work is very interesting, especially for anyone with an interest in aviation. The company has gone through a radical transformation in the last few years. The engineering team is considerably smaller than before the great recession, but the remaining core of engineers are all top-notch. It is a tight-knit team that is really incredibly talented and fun to work with. Managers do not micro-manage and you have a great deal of flexibility, and the responsibility to go with it. The executive team is approachable and genuinely seem interested in the employees. The high stress days of 2008 are pretty much a memory--we don't forget the great people we lost, but we have been able to adapt and come out stronger.

Cons

Pay is fair, but wages tend to stagnate. There isn't much room for advancement since the teams are so small. Schedules are sometimes a bit aggressive, but management has been getting much better about realistic scheduling lately. SW development for aviation is not as simple as java or development--more than half the development time will be dedicated to dealing with requirement/document generation or testing mandated by the FAA.

Keep up the good work, but maybe throw us a bone on salary/bonus.

Truly unique ( not in a good way)

I worked at Avidyne Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reasonable benefits and compensation. They have a few bright, motivated and capable managers and directors.

Cons

Fractured business model, management is completely disinterested in realizing that improvements are grossly overdue. 2 main offices, one in Massachusetts and one in Florida. The advacerial relationship among the locations was in my opinion unprecedented. They are committed to tearing the last bits of good reputation to shreds.

Stop believing the fantasy view of the company and it's direction

Great people, Great company

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Intern  in  Lincoln, MA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Intern in Lincoln, MA

I worked at Avidyne Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is not just a job or a paycheck for the people that work there, they love what they do and the love flying. Everyone was happy to ask answer any questions I had, but also gave room and trust to grow and learn on my own. Really one of the best work environments I could imagine.

Cons

I was a mechanical engineer, and the office I worked at was mostly software. Has nothing really to do with the company, their mechanical dept. was at another office, but I learned a lot and did mostly wiring etc. for them

Keep it up.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good exposure!

I worked at Avidyne Corporation full-time

Pros

Great entry level avionics company with the user experience being at the top of the priority list for future product development.

Cons

No room for growth and declining market share with limited accountabliity on project management and to lofty sense of position within the market

Trust in your employees and value the roles you create for them

I enjoyed working for this company. I would proudly go back if I am called back.

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician  in  Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Avidyne Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They are at the cutting edge of their field. Their Products are innovative and they live up to their Motto, "Flying Made Simple"

Cons

My only down side was being Laid-off from a job I enjoyed.

Keep up the good work. Call me back soon.

Need to prioritize and stop the scope creep.

I worked at Avidyne Corporation full-time

Pros

If you are an engineer and/or aspiring pilot and want to get your foot in the door of some cool projects, this may be a decent place for you to work.

Cons

Management is often not aligned with the future of the products. Poor compensation.

Very challenging, but great work environment and people.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Lincoln, MA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Lincoln, MA

I have been working at Avidyne Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers, great products, smaller tight knit company.

Cons

Slow product development and STCs.

More STCs and faster. Get a PFD.

Fun work, long hours, low pay

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Lincoln, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lincoln, MA

I worked at Avidyne Corporation

Pros

Tight knit group group of developers that enjoy the work

Cons

Tight knit group group of developers that don't enjoy the long hours and relatively low pay

Loved the work, baffled by the priorities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lincoln, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, MA

I worked at Avidyne Corporation

Pros

Great location, the work is challenging and fun. By and large, the people are very smart and great to work with. The products really are best in class, and it's satisfying to get them out there and in use by an appreciative user community.

Cons

While there was a solid long-range vision, there was not a consistent strategy to achieve it. Management tended to be reactive, shifting priorities and resources based on near-term issues, while not anticipating predictable trends and events. As a result they let their flagship product grow long in the tooth, were late delivering new products, trumped by the competition, and lost their biggest and best OEM customers when they could have been first to market with a superior product. Now they have to scrabble for after-market upgrades.

Avidyne = false promises and lies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lincoln, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, MA

I have been working at Avidyne Corporation

Pros

Avidyne is a small company that seems to be shrinking quarterly. It's nice to be able to meet all employees and form relationships with those in other departments.

Cons

Working at Avidyne can be very trying. You will be expected to work long days, nights and weekends with little compensation for your time. This is true for all departments. You will be promised the moon and stars for hard work, but will never see any such thing. You will also find that Avidyne has a bad reputation with its customers and dealers. The bad reputation is warranted. Avidyne has a long history of horrible customer support. And more recently with the hire of a new VP (department not mentioned), Avidyne now has a sales department known for its lies and pushiness. The sales department will say anything to close a sale. Overall this company is failing and dishonest.

Sales and Marketing needs an honest leader. Someone with integrity, drive to do the right thing, someone who respects customers and employees alike.

Worked for Avidyne Corporation? Contribute to the Community!