Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Avis Budget Group CEO Ron Nelson

Ron Nelson

Pros:
  • "Good benefits including sick days and paid vacation"
    in 16 reviews
  • "It's a Union location and there is great benefits because of the Union"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management does NOT listen or care about the workforce"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Management goes into hiding anytime you need cars or customer service issues"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Research....Research...Research I researched what Avis had to offer as far careers, advancement, pay and benefits.

PSR (Current Employee)
    Cheektowaga, NY

ProsInterview process was specific and to the point. As was the title and description of the positions available at the time of the interview.Co-workers are welcoming.Management is reachable. Benefits great !!! I am learning a lot ! Full time hours and offer overtime hours.

ConsNot all co workers are mature or respectful of other co workers or customers. Some co workers have disgusting habits...Managment takes care of it if they see it or hear it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get new equipment for Rovers to use to more efficiently serve customers.

Good experience

Pros401K and Employee stock purchase plan

Conssome areas are overly loaded with work

Stressful

ProsCo-workers for the most part are very friendly and helpful. The training program is very in depth and helpful. Keeps you busy so time goes by fast.

ConsManagement is never on the same page. You can be told you are doing great by several of them and then you basically suck by another. Different rules apply for different people. Moral since I have been here has gotten even worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet on the same page! Deal with issues brought to your attention and dont bury your head in the sand. It hurts moral and makes us that work for you feel not important.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Okay, no real room to grow in a career

ProsDiscount on car rentals that's the only perk. But you often can just catch a better deal through a travel site.

ConsTerrible scheduling. Upper management seems to not know, better yet doesn't have an ounce of a clue what takes place during each shift changes when it comes to operations. Seniority is a big deal, you will always get the short end of the stick when it comes to scheduling, vacation time and personal time off requests.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. Your customers, especially many of your corporate "Avis First & Preferred" are rude & treat your employees like crap.

A great bunch of people

ProsA great bunch of people, made me feel comfortable on the first day. Always someone there to lend a helping hand.
    Pete M

ConsWeather
    Drive in
    Bad access roads
    Ugly vests
    Weather

Advice to Senior ManagementSmile more!!

Avis Budget Group coworkers have been fun and knowledgeable; they made me feel like a member of the team from day one.

Dispatcher (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsI chose to work for ABG because of the value placed on quality customer service, as well as the challenge of the Dispatcher position. There are many opportunities/career paths within ABG, and good work is recognized and appreciated here. 401(k) has a 100% company match on the first 6% of your income after one year of service. Unused sick days are paid out at the end of the year

ConsWhile the benefits are very good, the pay is fairly low. The computer system is antiquated and unnecessarily complicated when performing the simplest of tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to consider updating the computer system.

Great company to work for with many options to advance

ProsBenefits, people, pay, environment, car, bonus,

ConsPumping gas, hours, lengthy interview process

The offer a lot of overtime . Very friendly employees.

Service Agent (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsPlenty of overtime ... a lot of work to be done moving and cleaning cars and vans etc.

ConsThe weather changes everyday very cold at night.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere seems to be lack of instruction for customers who return cars at night. No person on hand to instruct the customers regarding parking and billing.

1 year into my sentence

RSA (Current Employee)
    Peoria, IL

ProsHealth Insurance, great training programs, get to see latest cars, meet world travelers.

ConsManagement is horrible, co workers are overly competitive sociopaths who lie to deflect from their lack of sales. Unfair commission structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up!

Handled reservations for customers and tried to upsell them

Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee)
    Albany, NY

ProsFun atmosphere. Good training. Provides a lot of competition amongst employees to build character.

ConsCompensation is little. The structure of the bonus is terrible. Every rental counts even if you cant help it. Took a while to get paid for bonus and reimbursement.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter commission structure for each division.

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!

Avis Budget Group Videos

Avis Budget Group – Why Work for Us?

Why Avis Budget Group? Avis Budget Group is an action-packed, high-energy place where things move forward every day. If you want to GO somewhere in your career, Avis Budget Group is the place to be. If you're looking… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avis Budget Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avis Budget Group CEO Ron Nelson. All 369 reviews posted anonymously by Avis Budget Group employees.