Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Avis Budget Group CEO Ron Nelson

Ron Nelson

Pros:
  • "Good benefits including sick days and paid vacation"
    in 16 reviews
  • "It's a Union location and there is great benefits because of the Union"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management does NOT listen or care about the workforce"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Management goes into hiding anytime you need cars or customer service issues"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

So far the job is fulfilling, a lot of great colleague's that don't mind being helpful to the "new person".

CBD (Courtesey Bus Driver) (Current Employee)
    Romulus, MI

ProsThere are many great opportunities the company has for their employees, there is room in the company for you to grow and move up.

ConsJust that the way they have things set up as far as you being a new hire, scheduling is not all that great, most if the time you never know your days off until the new work relief schedule is put up, a day before or last day of your previous schedule. Nothing nice!

Advice to Senior ManagementFind another way to fit new hire's on the schedule without them feeling like they probably won't have a life working with this company.

Make money, be prepared to lie

Counter Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsMoney, fun, money, friends, money

ConsManagement, moral emptiness, shady co-workers, backstabbing managers

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep around the good ones, get rid of the bad

Sales Agent

Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee)
    Clearwater, FL

Prosyou to drive around other cars

Consyou have to wash those cars

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unexpected Surprise

CLE (Current Employee)
    Parsippany, NJ

ProsI found out about Avis Budget Group through a friend. He had interned at ABG in the summer during his college career. He had nothing but great things to say about the company. He reccomended that I'd be a good fit in the CLE department based on my past jobs. I applied thinking that I wouldn't hear back from ABG.
    After the phone and face to face interview, I was welcomed into the CLE team. This experience so far, has been awesome. I work with a great group of people who encourage and support each other when they need it. I'm really glad I chose to spend my summer with ABG.

ConsI haven't experience anything to be considered a con but I do hear a lot of compliants about the HR team from many different people in the building.

Great Family/Work life

Pricing Analyst Level II (Current Employee)
    Parsippany, NJ

ProsManagers are Fair and the benefits are decentt. The work/home life is great. They really value family and family time. They have flex hours in the summer to get home to the family. They have floating holidays and let you leave early the day before a holiday.

ConsTraining was almost non existent. The salary is on the lower end compared to other companies. They lack support for growth in certain areas. We have the ability to work from home, however they do not allow it unless it benefits them (like working after hours or on weekends)

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement generally has good communication with employees, certain areas in the company do not promote growth within the company. The company in certain departments has a high turnover rate.

An exhilarating study of field operations bringing all the theoretical knowledge to life. Adorable co-workers, great le

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGives you a good platform to outnumber one-self. A very encouraging and firm unit supplemented by some strong leadership!

ConsStrong competition - its a pro rather than a con! Mindsets and beliefs need to vary with pacing time and opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do best!

Great job environment

Shuttle Driver (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsBecause it looks to be a good company with a relaxed working environment and I can grow in it.

ConsYou get to learn something new every day

Advice to Senior ManagementCarry on well

Cool experience

Vehicle Service Attendant (Current Employee)
    College Park, GA

ProsMeet a lot of new people. Challenging work environment.

ConsA lot of work, stay busy. Long Hours

Poor Rental Sales Agent Training At Counter

Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits

Large blocks of slow periods at my location.

I am single, so I don't mind working weekends, holidays, odd shifts.

Due to my previous work history, there is ample room for advancement.

ConsOperations managers are nice but do not perform some of their duties to adequate levels. For example:

They don't train the rental sales agents at the counter, despite the fact that it is their policy to do so.

Poor/slow resupply of smaller vehicles from the cleaning department, and slow shuttle drivers. How many shuttle drivers does it take to change a light bulb?

I accepted and even embraced their upselling and selling of add-on products. However, when we have a longer rental period from a customer, such as 3 weeks, with no upsell or add-ons, it drags our average down.

If we don't meet sales expectations, we can be let go. Maybe they should place less weight on these longer rentals as it pertains to our average. This is the reason I will not recommend this company to friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccountability for ops managers on above. These are not difficult components to manage, but there isn't a mechanism to double check that they are performing these duties.

My location has several employees that have been here for more than 10 years. They catch/fix some of these problems. The portion that fall through this line of defense result in service failures to the customers.

Replace the antique DOS reservation system LOL.

Worth it

ProsBenefits, culture, young atmosphere, promote a lot from within

ConsExpect lots of hours worked

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!

Avis Budget Group Videos

Avis Budget Group – Why Work for Us?

Why Avis Budget Group? Avis Budget Group is an action-packed, high-energy place where things move forward every day. If you want to GO somewhere in your career, Avis Budget Group is the place to be. If you're looking… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avis Budget Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Avis Budget Group CEO Ron Nelson. All 369 reviews posted anonymously by Avis Budget Group employees.