Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Avis Budget Group CEO Ron Nelson

Ron Nelson

Pros
  • Good benefits including sick days and paid vacation (in 16 reviews)

• It's a Union location and there is great benefits because of the Union (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does NOT listen or care about the workforce (in 23 reviews)

• long hours with no overtime, bad weather means flight delays (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Long hours

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscompany car, you own it.

Consdirect reports, long days, hard core sales, no work life balance.

Reservation system - three decades old DOS

RSA (Former Employee)

ProsUpward advancement possible if you are willing to relocate.

ConsCertain locations have extremely high turn over ratesy due to long hours, lack of man power,low pay and low morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo one wants to embrace old technology. Whoever is in charge of this area should rethink their strategy. The competition certainly has.

Make money, be prepared to lie

Counter Sales Representative (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsMoney, fun, money, friends, money

ConsManagement, moral emptiness, shady co-workers, backstabbing managers

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep around the good ones, get rid of the bad

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Agent

Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL

Prosyou to drive around other cars

Consyou have to wash those cars

Great Family/Work life

Pricing Analyst Level II (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsManagers are Fair and the benefits are decentt. The work/home life is great. They really value family and family time. They have flex hours in the summer to get home to the family. They have floating holidays and let you leave early the day before a holiday.

ConsTraining was almost non existent. The salary is on the lower end compared to other companies. They lack support for growth in certain areas. We have the ability to work from home, however they do not allow it unless it benefits them (like working after hours or on weekends)

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement generally has good communication with employees, certain areas in the company do not promote growth within the company. The company in certain departments has a high turnover rate.

An exhilarating study of field operations bringing all the theoretical knowledge to life. Adorable co-workers, great le

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGives you a good platform to outnumber one-self. A very encouraging and firm unit supplemented by some strong leadership!

ConsStrong competition - its a pro rather than a con! Mindsets and beliefs need to vary with pacing time and opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do best!

Great job environment

Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsBecause it looks to be a good company with a relaxed working environment and I can grow in it.

ConsYou get to learn something new every day

Advice to Senior ManagementCarry on well

Unexpected Surprise

CLE (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsI found out about Avis Budget Group through a friend. He had interned at ABG in the summer during his college career. He had nothing but great things to say about the company. He reccomended that I'd be a good fit in the CLE department based on my past jobs. I applied thinking that I wouldn't hear back from ABG.
    After the phone and face to face interview, I was welcomed into the CLE team. This experience so far, has been awesome. I work with a great group of people who encourage and support each other when they need it. I'm really glad I chose to spend my summer with ABG.

ConsI haven't experience anything to be considered a con but I do hear a lot of compliants about the HR team from many different people in the building.

Worth it

ProsBenefits, culture, young atmosphere, promote a lot from within

ConsExpect lots of hours worked

Company is ever-changing, which is a good thing, but has been challenged to see things through before acting.

Corporate Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI enjoyed the freedom to manage my workday the way I saw fit. As long as you are performing, they give you a longer leash typically.

ConsFollow through on strategy and not enough sales training courses. More recognition and positive reinforcement needed. Budget truck rental is poorly run and deserves better as the cash cow of this organization. Overaged fleet with poor customer service.

Advice to Senior Management"Live in the moment" more and really celebrate the victories. Don't just ring a bell.

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!