Avis Budget Group Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

love the job lots of fun

Current Employee - Rental Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

management listens and tries there best to address issues and fix it when needed. They are always there for you. And they do what it takes to make u feel welcomed. If you put the initiative in they will tech you more and there are a lot of employees that have been working at abg for 15+ years

Cons

When it's busy it's busy. You have to put on ur working hat and work. Being patient and going over everything everytime with every customer. Stand for long periods of time. Pay could be a little better but you can make it up in commission. that's it.

2. Sales

I worked at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Reasonably good benefits, other than that can't think of any. Oh! You get to drive some pretty cool cars. Yippee.

Cons

There income potential quotes are unrealistic and inflated - unless you have no soul and are able to sleep at night to get the upsells needed to meet your quotas. You spend your days pushing add-ons such as insurance etc. that are not a good value for the customer, but they give you the script to make it seem as though they are. Be prepared to dodge your way through an antiquated computer system which doesn't follow the "script" that they insist you use in order to meet their standards, which are under constant scrutiny and "observation tests" by managers. I started with a group of about 20 new hires, at the end of six months, not one of us was still working for the company. Nothing but a churn and burn employee mentality. Coworkers are callous, unfriendly and very much "every person for themselves" - they have to be to survive in that environment. Run. Do NOT take this job.

Advice to Management

Learn to flex. Sometimes your staff actually DO know what they're doing and how to handle a situation.

3. lost and found

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked where I worked and my position. I also liked my fellow co-workers and management,

Cons

They do not pay the best. I feel that my hard work should have been rewarded with better pay.

5. Good Pay

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Good pay and good family life balance

Cons

questionable sales techniques and poor ethics

Advice to Management

Rethink their sales methods to retain clients and employess

Bad Career Choice

Former Employee - Territory Performance Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Performance Manager

I worked at Avis Budget Group

Pros

Many locations available to choose among

Cons

Long hours. Poor Human Resources team. They seem unqualified for their roles. Regional managers who know very little about the day to day ops of the business. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Advice to Management

Revamp HR department and take a closer look at Regional Managers. I can honestly say that most RM's are milking the company by working far fewer than 40 hours per week.

Disorganized, unfortunately...

Current Employee - Return Agent in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Return Agent in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Honestly, the best things are having fantastic coworkers and fairly simple, straight-forward work. Out of season, it's an easy job that anyone could handle.

Cons

Common for any customer service job, we may often have to deal with people who are rude, angry, or manipulative. (To be clear, the next bits may be more about my location and/or bad luck.) We're constantly understaffed and overwhelmed during season. Due to not having enough staff on hand to cover while you are gone, taking breaks for either food or going to the restroom can be frowned upon. Management, both local and district, has changed often enough and is well known for promising improvements that never seem to come, including raises in salary.

Advice to Management

All in the "cons" section.

Sales

Former Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There isn't a pro. Can't make commission promised because of heavy business travel.

Cons

Managers are incompetent. $8.50 salary with promised comissions. Sales and managers lie to customers to increase rates on vehicles. Consistently lie about availability.

Advice to Management

Better pay equals better employee retention. Just a thought.

9. fun fast paced friendly environment

I worked at Avis Budget Group part-time

Pros

Servicing customers, driving cars, transportation

Cons

The weather will get to you

Advice to Management

Pay more

ABG @ Albany International Airport

Current Employee - Rental Sales Associate in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Associate in Albany, NY

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time

Pros

In order to accomplish great things one most love what they do, and I sure have found ABG to be the best Sales position ever! Throughout my training and initial hands on experience in my field, I must say I am so pleased to have found a team solely dedicated to every ones’ success. I am thankful for this opportunity and I look forward to growing within the business as well as developing my own skills. Devoting everything I’ve learned about sales Plus the ABG sales guide I’ve already noticed great results in my goals. Thank you ABG!

Cons

Come one and come all, if a sign is what youve been waiting for, this is it :-) Choose us for your next step in a ever expanding career and you will not be disapointed! Founded in 1946 we have Decades of experience demostrating our team driving sales skills.

11. Amazing. Couldn

Current Employee - Maintenance Clerk II in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Clerk II in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Avis Budget Group

Pros

I've been working for Avis Budget Group for a little over a month now. I chose to work for Avis Budget Group because I wanted to be part of a company where I'm able to grow and who care about their employees as well as their customers, and I couldn't be happier being part of their team. Thank you Avis Budget Group for the opportunity you had given me.

Cons

I have no downside about working with Avis Budget Group.

RSS Feed </> Embed