Avis Budget Group

Updated September 14, 2014
3.3

Avis Budget Group CEO Ron Nelson
Ron Nelson

Pros
  • Good benefits including sick days and paid vacation (in 16 reviews)

• It's a Union location and there is great benefits because of the Union (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does NOT listen or care about the workforce (in 23 reviews)

• long hours with no overtime, bad weather means flight delays (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Run!!!

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Newark, NJ

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get a car as a manager.

Cons

50 to 60 hour work weeks. Unionized tenured employees. Very immature work atmosphere. Politics! Very inappropriate chatter-they constantly talk about sex and use abrasive language. They will gang up on you and get you fired if they don't like you. There is absolutely no job security. If you plan on making a change and creating a better work environment-beware-they will strategize your demise. The managers do not communicate-very cut throat environment. If you are an attractive female-You will have enemies- the men will be very inappropriate(even the managers).

Stop the favortism. Support the managers in their efforts to make the company better.

Abuse of power

Current Employee - RSA  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - RSA in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay, benefits and its 40 hours

Cons

In Albuquerque NM the upper management loves intimidation techniques! The ops managers are over worked and understaffed and never on the same page. We consistently take abuse from upper management and customers. Management seems to lazy to deal with the red tape of getting rid of employees who are completely useless which leaves the bulk of the workload on everyone else. There is mo room for advancement the airport and district managers are more interested in a bra size than a competent employee! I have never ever worked for a company who has treated their employees so bad in my life! They talk this big talk family first..... yeah right! The airport and district managers in abq should be fired.

Treat employees like human beings and stop trying to bully and scare us! Want to know why hertz and enterprise are on top? Their employees are treated with a little bit more respect!

Sales Agent

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

you to drive around other cars

Cons

you have to wash those cars

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An exhilarating study of field operations bringing all the theoretical knowledge to life. Adorable co-workers, great le

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Avis Budget Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Gives you a good platform to outnumber one-self. A very encouraging and firm unit supplemented by some strong leadership!

Cons

Strong competition - its a pro rather than a con! Mindsets and beliefs need to vary with pacing time and opportunity.

Keep doing what you do best!

Great job environment

Current Employee - Shuttle Driver  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Shuttle Driver in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Because it looks to be a good company with a relaxed working environment and I can grow in it.

Cons

You get to learn something new every day

Carry on well

Unexpected Surprise

Current Employee - CLE  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - CLE in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Avis Budget Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I found out about Avis Budget Group through a friend. He had interned at ABG in the summer during his college career. He had nothing but great things to say about the company. He reccomended that I'd be a good fit in the CLE department based on my past jobs. I applied thinking that I wouldn't hear back from ABG.
    After the phone and face to face interview, I was welcomed into the CLE team. This experience so far, has been awesome. I work with a great group of people who encourage and support each other when they need it. I'm really glad I chose to spend my summer with ABG.

Cons

I haven't experience anything to be considered a con but I do hear a lot of compliants about the HR team from many different people in the building.

Make money, be prepared to lie

Former Employee - Counter Sales Representative  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Counter Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Money, fun, money, friends, money

Cons

Management, moral emptiness, shady co-workers, backstabbing managers

Keep around the good ones, get rid of the bad

All the hours you could want, for all the wrong reasons...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly coworkers
    - OK benefits

Cons

- Not necessarily managed well
    - Management & supervisor inefficiencies caused a lot of extra work, but nobody willing to work it for same reason
    - Not willing to work with everyone's schedules
    - Some room for advancement, but you have to fight those already in place for it

- Consider termination or shuffling of those who are "buddy buddy" with everyone due to tenure, management and associate alike; these attitudes cost time, money, and cause high turnover.
    - Consider doing what's best for operations, not what's going to make you friend(s)

So far the job is fulfilling, a lot of great colleague's that don't mind being helpful to the "new person".

Current Employee - CBD (Courtesey Bus Driver)  in  Romulus, MI
    Current Employee - CBD (Courtesey Bus Driver) in Romulus, MI

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are many great opportunities the company has for their employees, there is room in the company for you to grow and move up.

Cons

Just that the way they have things set up as far as you being a new hire, scheduling is not all that great, most if the time you never know your days off until the new work relief schedule is put up, a day before or last day of your previous schedule. Nothing nice!

Find another way to fit new hire's on the schedule without them feeling like they probably won't have a life working with this company.

Great Family/Work life

Current Employee - Pricing Analyst Level II  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Pricing Analyst Level II in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers are Fair and the benefits are decentt. The work/home life is great. They really value family and family time. They have flex hours in the summer to get home to the family. They have floating holidays and let you leave early the day before a holiday.

Cons

Training was almost non existent. The salary is on the lower end compared to other companies. They lack support for growth in certain areas. We have the ability to work from home, however they do not allow it unless it benefits them (like working after hours or on weekends)

Management generally has good communication with employees, certain areas in the company do not promote growth within the company. The company in certain departments has a high turnover rate.

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!