Avitus Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
CEO

1. Avitus Group Understands That Life Happens Outside of the Office.

Current Employee - Marketing/PR Coordinator in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Marketing/PR Coordinator in Billings, MT

I have been working at Avitus Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming to this job I was blown away by the friendly and attentive management. I was lucky enough to be employed by a company that understands life happens outside of the office! Outside of them being so appreciative of my family life, they are very attentive to their employees. If you work hard and produce results you are rewarded! I came from a company who made promises and didn't follow through; Now I work for a company that not only appreciates my work ethic, but embraces and rewards me for it. I know without a doubt that this company and it's employees are more than just my 8-5 peers, but also an extension of my family. When it comes to the people in charge, I have never seen more enthusiasm or pride. They have built this company from the ground up. They are humble people who understand that the employees and clients are what keep the company growing, and they have the upmost appreciation for both.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see improve in the company is more background on how the company started. There isn't a very strong "orientation" process. It would be great to instill the pride you see from the owners in the employees by helping them get to know the people, and company they work for. I think if there was more time spent on the systems, procedures and history more people would feel the pride that the Board members feel.

Advice to Management

Take the time to introduce your employees to the company. Less get straight to work and more "This is what Avitus Group is and this is why we are proud to have you here."

2. Never again

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at Avitus Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Avitus is an established and well respected company. The products are solid and the customer service is outstanding. When I interviewed I met so many kind and caring people it was almost unbelievable.

Cons

After I was hired, it was like a heaven and hell transformation. My bosses in the sales department were rude, very egotistical and talked down to me and the team. It was like "my way or the highway". One of them reports up to his father which means there's no real oversight to their attitudes and antics. I quit the company after only 2 months because i couldn't stomach the culture in the sales department. Everyone was walking on eggshells and the two VP's really don't have a training program that makes any sense. I've been employed by 4 other companies and at least I got some decent sales training and had managers who cared about me not just my quota. I would NEVER EVER recommend a sales person to Avitus. These guys are just thugs in suits and I don't understand how they have survived this long.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the nepotism and fire the sales management team.

3. Employee programs a bonus

Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Billings, MT

I have been working at Avitus Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment is positive and allows employees to use their knowledge and expertise. The company even has programs like the idea pool that reward employees for their great ideas that save the company money and increase productivity. Employees also are recognized each year on their birthday with a paid day off. What a great way to acknowledge an employee's role in the company as a whole. Being respected and valued at the office are qualities I look for in an employer

Cons

Avitus Group could have more regional locations across the U.S. Allowing more job opportunities to work for this great company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to value each employee for what they do for your business.

Horrible company to work for

I worked at Avitus Group full-time

Pros

If you are really good at sucking up and inflating the egos of your superiors for doing a crappy job of leading this company then you might just do okay here. Probably could have put this in the "cons" section as well.

Cons

Terrible leadership and lack of respect for their employees. There is no wok/life balance here, it's either be productive 24 hours a day or go home. As with most companies, the only thing they care about is the almighty dollar, not the people who actually make them that dollar.

Advice to Management

Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things. Learn how to treat the people that make your business successful.

6. Best company I have worked for. How many can say they love their job & employer?

I have been working at Avitus Group full-time

Pros

One of the best companies I've ever worked for. I have grown professionally so much the last few years. I enjoy what I do on a daily basis and love the growth Avitus Group has encountered. I enjoy the support from both of the Presidents and my department director, as this is a hard thing to find in many companies. Upper management cares for the most part what employees think and want to do what is best for the employees and clients. Great benefits and PTO policy. I love that I am not micromanaged and can make decisions that are best for my members and our company without having to run it by someone constantly or someone constantly checking in with me. Hard workers, innovative, and forward thinkers thrive here. Whereas people who do not like change and customer service do not thrive here.

Cons

Lack of communication with employees in the field. Some upper management is reactive and not proactive, but this is getting better. Some employees have archaic tools to do their job, but again I believe this is improving.

Advice to Management

Think about where you want to go and support your employees to get us there. We are a great company with a great team, but some people are clearly in the wrong positions. Give us the tools to move us forward and not struggle to maintain. Quit holding on to bad employees - let them go, and get the right people who want to work and be there in those positions (our members deserve that as does our whole team).

7. The Lion has a Thorn it it's Foot

I have been working at Avitus Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good senior management overall, great home office location for housing and community, friendly staff and general culture is good. Customers are treated very well and retained.

Cons

Upper management is not seasoned and egotistical. Without sufficient direction, the two Vice Presidents shoot from the hip and subsequently don't train their staff adequately ending up cycling through sales staff frequently and posting lower than expected results to quota. Fear is the main motivator for the marketing team they support. This is the one thorn in the lion's foot.

Advice to Management

Get some management training or step down. Fear is not a positive motivator. Seek to hire non-family for these positions.

RSS Feed </> Embed