Avon Products

Avon Products Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Avon Products CEO Sheri S. McCoy

Sheri S. McCoy

Pros
  • The people are great to work with and the company is very good with work life balance (in 31 reviews)

• Freedom to work from home as needed (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is poor to non-existent, depending on who you work for (in 20 reviews)

• Upper Management doesn't believe in a proactive method to turn North America around (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Interesting

Prosgood people, benefits, location, and pay

Consnew leadership, old leadership, moral

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your associates

Nice while it lasted

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Rye, NY

ProsAvon, at least in Rye, has a family oriented atmosphere. The people are great and helpful. I only worked there a year but wish it was longer. Pay decent, benefits ok. Great work life balance. Great culture.

ConsWe all know Avon's issues, so I will not list them here. Upper management is in the middle of a complete restructure. Half of the IT staff, including myself, was let go. There was no rhyme or reason given as to why people were let go. Direction is unclear, as there are rumors of mergers. One of the worst parts of Avon was how unorganized some of their projects can be. How projects are funded make no sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more forthcoming to employees of what you are trying to do. No one seems to have a clue what is happening or is going to happen.

I was a very successful saleswoman. I am a people person and get along well with others.

Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) Boynton Beach, FL

ProsI enjoyed working for Avon. I got to work with fashion and made myself and others happy.

ConsWhat you put in is what you put out. I f you work hard you can do very well. I was very dedicated, gave great customer service, which is very important.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to communicate with the other employees to check in for updates. Communication is key for a successful relationship in business and personal

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Increasingly stressful

District Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule and fun atmosphere....great products! Coworkers are amazing and talented. I am always learning and there's opportunity to move within the company

ConsReorganization efforts are weighing heavy on all employees. Work/life balance doesn't exist as I'm on call 24/7

Home Based Business

Sales Leader (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible home based business. You can earn money from sales & Leadership. Getting personal products at cost. Win prizes.

ConsFinding new customers and or Leads for growth. Finding team members whom want to start their own team. Limited earnings on what is expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to work hard to get to the top. Constant communication with Managers is A must to get where you want to go. Continue to train to do the best job set forth for personal growth as well as team growth.

Independent agent

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou set your own hours, discounts, free samples

ConsHard to get ppl to buy itms after it arrives.

Company has lost core values

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany of the District Sales Managers are committed to helping the representative be his or her best. The benefit package is quite nice with all forms of insurance, a fully funded company car, and the opportunity to earn nice bonuses.

ConsThere is great pressure to work seven days a week in order to meet the expectations of "the plan". District Sales Managers have wonderful vacation benefits, but are often pressured to not take vacation or to actually work during the vacation to hit additions plan or order count plan. The base compensation is ok compared to what others make in a small town, but is half of what others make in similar positions for other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a lack of honest communication from upper management. Many things are shared by upper management to independent representatives before being shared with District Managers. Of late, key details are shared with the press and never communicated to District Managers. The field management is often pressured or blamed for results even though there is lack of clarity of mission. Avon has lost touch with the representatives. The directive from the Division Manager is often to ignore most of the representatives and only work with the ones who will deliver additions. There are loyal traditional sellers who feel like they are undervalued.

Lots of pressure to deliver the numbers.

District Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule and has bonus potential. Lots of training available. Great co-workers.

ConsConstant stress over delivering results with a sales environment that is mostly out of my control. Always being threatened of potentially losing my job.

It was fun but not making money.

E-Representative (Former Employee) Mechanicsville, VA

Prosbig orders, big checks,lots of customers

Conspaying percentage of earnings back, not making enough money. not having a whole lot of customers, limited to where you can see/advertise the merchandise

Advice to Senior Managementnot pay percentage of earnings back

Earning on commission could be better.

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) Beaufort, SC

ProsThere are a handful of benefits of having a stay-at-home based business such as receiving discounts on upcoming campaign products, being one of many to try new products before public demand, and becoming your own boss in the comfort of your own home. Start up fee wasn't bad; $10. Since I became a rep in college, I would really suggest this business to seniors in high school and students in college to build experience. Plus having your own business would look good on a resume.

ConsPay is based off commissions. Campaign order must total at least $50 to earn 10-25%.

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!