Avon Products

Avon Products Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Avon Products CEO Sheri S. McCoy

Sheri S. McCoy

Pros
  • The people are great to work with and the company is very good with work life balance (in 31 reviews)

• Freedom to work from home as needed (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is poor to non-existent, depending on who you work for (in 20 reviews)

• Upper Management doesn't believe in a proactive method to turn North America around (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Interesting

Prosgood people, benefits, location, and pay

Consnew leadership, old leadership, moral

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your associates

I was a very successful saleswoman. I am a people person and get along well with others.

Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) Boynton Beach, FL

ProsI enjoyed working for Avon. I got to work with fashion and made myself and others happy.

ConsWhat you put in is what you put out. I f you work hard you can do very well. I was very dedicated, gave great customer service, which is very important.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to communicate with the other employees to check in for updates. Communication is key for a successful relationship in business and personal

It was very rich experience

Websphere Commerce Administrator-SMT (Former Employee) Casablanca (Morocco)

ProsWork atmosphere, promotions, compensation, company values

ConsPersonal growth, time-off policies,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avon products are comparable to major market brands at very affordable prices.

ProsThe support system I have been working with is absolutely amazing. I have been an Avon Sales Representative since 6/25/2013 and due to the support from my unit I am now a leadership candidate with six members on my own team.

ConsThe challenges are the same for any direct sales position. It takes hard work and time to build your business. If you are willing to invest the effort the rewards will be there.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a good leader for your downline. Help them understand what it takes to be successful and provide opportunities for them to achieve their success.

District Sales Manager

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Harlingen, TX

ProsGreat incentives ,great company. We offer women a great chance at changing their future.

ConsHard to balance family and work because expectations are high. We are always mentally working and it's hard to just enjoy our little success. Tough year but improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementClockin requirement is bringing down morale! Let us enjoy our success no matter how small. Change to a 3 week brochure .

Love Avon!

ProsAVON has great products with reasonable pricing; it practically sells itself. There is a product for everyone. The Mark line is very trendy and has unique items. Avon is more than just make up and skin care.

ConsMany times products are not available for order even though they are advertised in the catalog. Items are also discontinued often. For example: a client will fall in love with a perfume and then it's not offered any longer. This happens ALOT.

it feels great when im in avon,every month there are many promos

Franchise Dealer (Current Employee) Angeles City (Philippines)

Prosyou can get great discounts

Conssome of the employees are not assisting the dealers

Advice to Senior Managementtry to set up a meeting for employees

Awesome experience

Intern (Former Employee) Suffern, NY

ProsGreat discounts on products, flexible summer schedule

Conssome people put on "fast track" to become managers, politics, etc

Great Company to work with.

Senior Executive Unit Leader (Current Employee) Chandigarh (India)

ProsNice products,nice earnings,nice management to support nice environment to work,Good platform for women to empower financially.

ConsMore efforts,but comparatively less benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementEarning structure should be revised.Overall good.

Great place to work

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSmart and passionate people with sense of pride. Wonderful products. Management is willing to listen to people's ideas.

ConsIt is the environment for people who enjoys fast pace, it for sure never be boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the course and continue to look for efficient ways of doing things.

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!