Avon Products Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Loved working with the public.

Former Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Representative in Naples, FL

I worked at Avon Products part-time

Pros

Great Products to sell, make your own schedule, interact with women and make friends.

Cons

No commission on orders under $50.00. Have to have high customer base to make a large profit. For me it was great as a hobby, not a job.

Advice to Management

Call your representatives directly. Provide more English training sessions at different times in various areas. Respond to inquires from your representatives through email or phone.

2. Sales at Avon

Former Employee - Owner/Operator in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Owner/Operator in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Avon Products part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pros of independent sales are always that you get to work for yourself, set your own hours, pick your customers (to a degree), can make more money based on the time YOU put in not just what your employer gives you (hours, salary).

Cons

The cons are, though, that you only make money when you work and based on how much time, effort, sales you make. Avon is very oversaturated and like any MLM, you have to have people under you to truly make any real money. But the products and advertising is there with Avon. I personally have had the same self-centered, narcisisstic District Managers over the past two times I sold. I was a darling if I was making them money. My most recent unit manager does not even live in my city. So not much help there either even though she's been in Avon for probably 20 years. I guess they just added me to her downline because she needed some new salespeople and/or because she's a pet, they throw her new recruits to build her bottom line!

Advice to Management

My advice is to truly engage and encourage your new recruits, no matter what their problems or perceived potential. Great workers come from great managers!!

Full time r&d

I worked at Avon Products

Pros

I've been at avon for several years. Good work life balance. Nice people, generally speaking. Nice facility, relatively low stress.

Cons

Recent business slow down has led to a lot of uncertainty. Perhaps the direct sales model is dated. Management is indecisive.

Advice to Management

Clear accountability and make decision

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Clarence, MO
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Clarence, MO

I have been working at Avon Products (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Salary, benefits, and some get to work from home.

Cons

All expect to be layed off or terminated within 6 months or company go bankrupt.

Advice to Management

Get US Management that is actually FROM the US and not latin America. They don't understand the change to the brand name and that product and selling method is not up to date with current US standards and consumer preferences. Delivering door to door is no longer safe or appropriate and customers want more privacy and want their product immediately or within 2 days.

Poor Management , Toxic Environment

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Avon Products

Pros

The only reason why anyone would want to work at Avon is for the people who put in their best everyday.

Cons

Poor upper management, lack of leadership, constant changing direction, lack of substantial investments in infrastructure, IT, R&D....., Lack of Decision making skills, roles and responbilities not well defined, Management not held accountable for making poor decisions............................

Advice to Management

Cut down the no pf products by 50%, consolidate, Be True to what Avon really is - A Direct sales company not brands !!!!

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Avon Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked working with the sales reps.

Cons

Conference calls start at 7.30 am , work through to 9pm most nights and also weekends. Text messgaes constantly throughout the day to make sales, takes away from focusing for sales. You have no life. Job description changes weekly,commission structures change so don't rely on commissions. Managers change all the time to, which in turn changes policies every time there is a change over.

Advice to Management

Business papers say Avon North America is being sold shortly which makes sense to all the changes.

8. went for the great culture, stayed for the friends.

I worked at Avon Products

Pros

camaraderie between groups, I still consider them my friends even after 3 + years removed from the company.

Cons

too much turnovwer, can't retain talent long enough to make a change

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Avon Products (Less than a year)

Pros

Great incentives and creative room to grow. Company car and credit card if you qualify for expenses. Event planning and create your own trainings.

Cons

Very difficult to have a work/life balance. Very demanding position with lots of hats to wear.

10. Independent sales

Current Employee - Team Leader in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Avon Products (More than a year)

Pros

You are your own boss. Company provides a lot of helpful videos. Met some wonderful people.

Cons

Even though I had a team of 15, I could not make a decnt salary. I spent a lot of money on gas. Very hard to find good recruits.

Advice to Management

Don't offer so many products.

11. Loved the company!!

Former Employee - Administrative Executive Assistant in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative Executive Assistant in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Avon Products (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company. Excellent benefits. Good work/life balance, great culture and excellent co-workers.

Cons

Lacking leadership direction. Too many management changes/terminations, branch closures in the past 5 years.

Advice to Management

Must have stronger objectives and stick with the plan.

RSS Feed </> Embed