Axalta

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles Shaver

Good company with strong history and growth potential

Manager (Former Employee)
Glen Mills, PA

I worked at Axalta full-time for more than a year

ProsExciting plans and actions to support growth as an independent company. Very focused and driven leadership team.

ConsThe pace is very fast with the transition away from DuPont and focus on IPO in ~ 2 years. The current culture regarding employee engagement and development is lacking. While there are issues, there are many great opportunities as well but it can be a challenge given current staffing reductions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace more time / energy / value on engaging the workforce in the company strategy, direction and opportunities.

Decent Company in flux

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Exton, PA

I have been working at Axalta full-time for more than a year

ProsNothing stands out. Company with a strong portfolio of products, struggling to regain name recognition

ConsNot always the best chance for advancement--changing company standards for advancement are closing some doors.

Rating of Axalta

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Axalta full-time for more than a year

ProsThe pay is very good.

ConsVery little interaction/guidance from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more in tune with the employees.

Serious and business focused company, less family atmosphere, but willing to reward high performers.

I have been working at Axalta

ProsFocused and driven to succeed! Take the time to meet and greet employees across all the shifts, particularly the night shifts. Senior VP's and Operations and Technical Staff, share the business vision and how people connect to it!

ConsLess friendly atmosphere and new Senior managers, seem to have their own cliques.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough change is good, remember to listen to those former DuPonters, who are knowledgeable and have valuable insight, based on years of successful results. There are a lot of Staff and other Managers with tremendous insight and the connection to employees to ensure an all inclusive two way sharing that will bring much needed unity!

Lots of changes to this company since the buyout

I have been working at Axalta full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood pay and working conditions. Benefits are better than most.

ConsNo advancement for operators and/or technicians. You must have Chemistry or Engineering degree. Benefits are being cut each year and more to come.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork at growing your employees

Axalta Coating Systems

Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee)
Wilmington, DE

I worked at Axalta full-time

ProsPotential for exciting changes as they build new company

ConsVery low employee morale due to lack of engagement, interaction with senior management

Not the old DuPont division employees are used to!

(Consulting Related) (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Axalta as a contractor for less than a year

ProsIt's a nice company with lots of former DuPont employees. Still somewhat of a DuPont culture present, but this is changing. Company wants to go public, be acquired or merged into another entity within a couple of years. As such, they must demonstrate extreme agility and austerity, etc. Company has beautiful facilities in Glen Mills, PA and Philadelphia designed to be a show piece.

ConsOld DuPont culture present. Company is engaged in some very questionable vendor relationships; case in point, their CIO is a Director of their Indian IT vendor entrusted with building their infrastructure. Very limited vendor accounting for time and material and lack of qualified supervision of contract personnel resources are resulting in cost overruns. (Some management folks on the client side are doing their best, but more effort may be required to get this venture on track.)

Advice to Senior ManagementPay closer attention to what is going on under your nose! Are your contractors/vendors engaged in ethical contracts and properly qualified, licensed and insured to render services at your locations?

Good work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Axalta part-time

ProsGood team environment; Very knowledgeable people; Good safety policy and practice

ConsToo much politics; not open-minded

A culture of incompentance and self serving mgmt that does not live up to ethical touting.

Environmental Engineer (Former Employee)
Front Royal, VA

I worked at Axalta full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat Pay and cash match
Being sold to Carlisle Group

ConsHave been saying "Do More with Less" so long, all fat and muscle has been cut, now down to bone.
Management all using 30 year old business strategies.
Many corporate managers of many things, each with an agenda, none communicate with each other so not at all aligned, sometimes conflicting, often redundant.
New employees get nowhere near the same benefits, trainings, and opportunities as pre-2007 employees.
Self insured, lousy benefits.
Create unnecessary internal standards for themselves that are counterproductive and usually do not add any value.
Impractical approach to ethics and safety that creates a culture of extreme monotony and is ineffective on many levels.
Worst people treatment I've ever seen in a company despite non-descriminatory policies.
Good ol boys clubs
Some positions are pure scape goat / burn out, others are chubby complacency. Not balanced.
Throw you under a buss mentality.
Other than PSM, purely reactionary to crises rather than pro-active.
Value profit more than employees.
So top heavy, people on the bottom get crushed.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize the change from the sale to re-prioritize and staff effectively, with organized communicating structure. Treat employees with equality and strive to improve value with / to them again.

Dis functional business

Engineering (Current Employee)
Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Axalta full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat benifets and decent pay. Excellent safety culture and focus on sustainability. Employees are very smart and generally friendly.

ConsLow morale due to milking the business dry. Long been a cash cow to bring in money for dupont's pet businesses of ag and nutrition

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with employees

Worked for Axalta? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Axalta reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Axalta CEO Charles Shaver. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Axalta employees.