Axceler
www.axceler.com Woburn, MA 50 to 149 Employees

Axceler Reviews

Updated Feb 5, 2014
Axceler – US – “Our latest award”

Michael Alden

great job, if you can handle it

Territory Account Manager (Current Employee)

Prosgreat team/working environment; everyone is supportive and fun to be around; lots of benefits if you are dedicated

Consall you do is dial phones for 10 hours a day

Advice to Senior Managementbe very honest in interviews about how much cold calling this job involves

Helped to create a highly competive software product

Engineerring (Former Employee)
    Woburn, MA

ProsUsing latest (or close to latest) .Net technology. Compensation was reasonable for the industry. The company supplied equipment (PC's etc) were of good quality and facilitated productivity.

ConsOrganizational and process changes were too frequent and had too little justification. The company developed a habit of replacing proven contributors with questionable new hires. Some personnel decisions may have qualified as age discrimination.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow who your difference makers are. Stop replacing your difference makers with arrogant cast-offs from sister companies and junior level techies who have not had the experience of developing successful commercial software product.

Was one of the best companies I worked for -- not any more!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Woburn, MA

ProsAxceler had one of the best cultures around for the most part -- fast paced, great products, incredible service. People really care about one another. executive management was pretty solid. Sales was given a free pass to behave badly with no reprecussions for missing numbers which was annoying. Sales management in LA caused a lot of problems including a lawsuit but he was the exception not the rule.

ConsMetalogix. They want to be the biggest company in the Sharepoint space -- and that's supposed to motivate me, how? They want to retain people but have no idea how. At the rate they are going, they are going to kill what was left. Lots of people, especially in sales, ready to jump ship. They bought a great brand and are throwing it away by being arrogant and bureaucratic,

Advice to Senior ManagementMetalogix management -- Listen to the Axceler employees. You're destroying what you just bought. Team may be young, but they have accomplished alot and know how to sell, support and develop products. You may learn something.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a great place to work

Manager (Former Employee)
    Woburn, MA

ProsLots of energy, the motto was "One Team", and to a large extent, that was true - people worked together well. The company had an absolutely stellar commitment to its customers - it really made me proud

ConsTowards the end, the company was spreading itself too thin, trying to be very "modern", but in the process, losing sight of some of its core values, like excellent products and excellent service

Advice to Senior ManagementYou shouldn't have sold the company...

Completely mismanaged

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Woburn, MA

ProsAs someone mentioned earlier, it used to be good. They got lucky with the product and made hay while the sun shined. Once it started setting, the management was completely devoid of any ideas. Good it was sold off, since the current management would have run it to ground.

ConsHad a good work culture before the management decided to hire people in the upper management who were clueless and completely unfit in their positions. The newly hired management people were always on the defensive since their lack of skills and ingenuity was apparent to everyone.

Dying product, unhealthy work environment and clueless execs...yah this place kinda sucks

Woburn, MA

ProsThere is an on-premise gym...thats about it I'm afraid.

ConsHere's the deal. If you have been at this company for 5+ years you are golden...you can basically do and say whatever you want and treat people like crap. Its ok...you have tenure.
    For everyone else its a case of trying to figure out how you ended up at this place and how to make the best of it. I've been at Axceler for a few years on the technical side and have watched that team go from bad to worse. They brought in a CTO over a year ago and he has been MIA for about half of that time. Seriously, he is never around. He was supposed to shake up engineering but has had zero impact. The head of product is at best a talking head, more interested in gossip than roadmaps. Sales leadership (I hesitate to call them that) changes its story drastically each quarter.....after every missed target.
    Do yourself a favor, avoid this company at all costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the opposite of everything you did at Axceler when you go to your next company.

Awesome Career Opportunity

ProsFast paced
    Great team
    Terrific product strategy
    Strong business

ConsYou must be committed to the company and your career -- a lot is expected of you. As long as you're not afraid of working, this is an opportunity of a lifetime. Would be great to feel more connected to the corporate office.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great to be a share holder.

My quality of life is better and I'm more valuable on the market because of Axceler.

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Woburn, MA

ProsI didn't realize how much I learned until I went on my first interview. After meeting with a CEO and VP and being able to discuss sales as a peer, it was then that I realized I knew my stuff. The offers I am receiving are surprising, and would not have been the same without getting the education I received through my tenure at Axceler. If you're looking to be truly successful in the long term, and be an impact player wherever you go, you can't beat the experience.

Aside from the long term value, the environment is fun, upbeat, and the job allowed me to get the apartment I thought was too expensive and the car I didn't think I could get. The folks who helped coach me through those life decisions are still helping me when I need it. The connections you make here don't end when you leave.

ConsWorking at Axceler is a commitment. You can't expect to reap the rewards listed above without putting in some serious sweat equity. It's hard work, fast paced, and not meant for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing development to keep up with sales, stock options, and move to Boston.

Axceler's on an upward trajectory with energetic people and a motivating atmosphere.

Woburn, MA

ProsAxceler has been on an upward trajectory for a few years now and that growth is apparent in the talent joining the team. It’s clear that the caliber of each new hire is pushing the company to an exciting future, and I’m thrilled to be a part of it. Personally, I've worked at companies in early start-up phases and companies over 25 years old. Axceler has the perfect combination of both worlds: an energetic start-up attitude mixed with the wisdom of an established business. While being in a competitive sales environment is not for everyone, the best and the brightest are the ones that thrive– and I feel more motivated just being around them. The energetic and determined attitude from Sales carries through to our engineers and developers as well. I can honestly say I wake up each morning happy to go to work.

ConsLike any successful company, growth can bring growing pains. Making more of the internal processes streamlined will stop bottlenecks in recruitment or staff training initiatives, but it’s something Axceler is actively addressing; so it’s not much of a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage more interaction with departments and also with the offices in LA and UK, but keep up the great work with your open door policies – I know the staff appreciates it.

Sales

Sales (Former Employee)
    Woburn, MA

ProsThis place is a masters degree in sales. If you can survive in this environment you are bound for success. You will learn how to source, sell, report.

ConsCant believe how many positive responses there are for this company- all positive reviews are posted by company stooges. Heres how it works- You need to have a supreme hunter mentality to survive. Forget about life outside of work. 7:30am to at least 6:30pm. Phone stays on your shoulder all day long. High probability for burn out in this position with high turnover. Your managers will be the most intense people you have ever met.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe respectful to your callers.

Worked for Axceler? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Axceler reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Axceler CEO Michael Alden. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Axceler employees.