Axcess Financial

Axcess Financial Reviews

Updated January 20, 2015
Updated January 20, 2015

A. David Davis

Pros
  • There really are not very many pros for check n go (in 4 reviews)

• The only good thing about check n go is the starting pay, but believe me you will not get much more then that (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management is to blame for the hostile culture (in 5 reviews)

• Work life balance is very dependent on the department you work in as well as position (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Dynamic company with great leadership and plenty of opportunity!

Current Employee - District Director of Operations in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - District Director of Operations in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Axcess Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Progressive organization in the consumer finance industry. Constantly delivering changes in business model to further advance market growth and opportunities for team members.
    Opinions and insight are valued and all associates have the ability to influence change.
    Compensation is competitive
    Benefits are above average
    Leadership is down to earth

Cons

None. If you are a hard worker, self starter with entrepreneurial spirit you can have a rewarding career with Axcess Financial.

Not the worst place to work.

I have been working at Axcess Financial

Pros

Management is competent, which is rare in customer service positions like this one. Its all about being a good team..

Cons

HORRIBLE turnover, which means a lot of slack has to be picked up by loyal employees. Travelling to other stores to help out since sometimes they are pretty far away

More vigorous application and training process would help weed out the undesirables and help mold the ones who have potential to be great employees.

Job while looking for another job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Axcess Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Casual dress, benefits average.

Cons

Hard to grow in company, managers dont care about employees, too much work for what getting paid. Turn over rate is horrible, most people dont last more than a month. Inconsistent with own company policies. No diversity in management

Truly listen and invest in your employees, and be fair universally. The company follows their own rules when its convenient for them.

Better than unemployment

Former Employee - Staff Accountant
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant

I worked at Axcess Financial

Pros

Very few pros the only one is its a young workforce so its easy to relate to others after finding your first job out of college.

Cons

-Poor leadership from management with no direction or transparency
    -Extremely high turnover rate
    -Lack of knowledge in management
    -Information about processes closely guarded and not shared with everyone either because management doesn't understand the process or they don't want their employees to know

Honestly, I though this company could become better but after working for over a year I saw no changes (All talk, no implementation or action). At the end of the day, you have to accept things for what they.

Decent benefits, disorganized leadership

I worked at Axcess Financial full-time

Pros

Benefits are on par with industry standard for the size of the corporation. Casual atmosphere. Merit increases regularly.

Cons

Disorganized leadership. Management more concerned with appearance and networking than actual skill/ability to perform duties. If you run in the right circles, you'll get far and receive promotions often. If you don't befriend the "in crowd" you'll likely receive merit increases but not be afforded the same opportunity for advancement as some others.

Value skill before beauty.

Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Axcess Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, challenging work, team building activities, my immediate department team, good benefits

Cons

None that I can think of that are a huge deal.

Finance Research Specialist

Former Employee - Finance Research Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Finance Research Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Axcess Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary is OK
    Benefits and Retirement are OK
    Team members are generally friendly
    average size
    opportunities to learn

Cons

Favoristism
    Lack of direction from management
    Work life balance for some - Some were working 40 hours a week, others were working 60 hours

transparency, training, engagement

Fantastic Growth Opportunities!!

Current Employee - Professional in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Professional in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Axcess Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you're looking for a place where you can have meaningful and challenging work, then this is the place for you! I have had some many wonderful learning opportunities during my time with Axcess. I have grown tremendously both professionally and personally. You get to be a part of projects outside of the normal realm of your role, and this helps you to make new connections and to gain access to new opportunities. I honestly can't imagine a better environment for learning and growing.

Cons

This is a very fast-paced environment, so the workload can definitely be challenging at times. I would also like to see some more opportunities for a better work life balance (i.e. more PTO, holidays, and potentially the ability to work from home).

Keep up the good work!!!

Literally a job I love and don't stop talking about!

Current Employee - Lead EBusiness Representative in Fairfield, OH
    Current Employee - Lead EBusiness Representative in Fairfield, OH

I have been working at Axcess Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Upfront vacation/sick time. Internal promotions. Constant personal/professional development. Laidback yet professional atmosphere. Competitive pay. High bonus potential. Schedule flexibility. High expectations/rewards. Look forward to going to work. Available overtime/holiday pay.

Cons

Parking is literally the only thing I would want to see different. So much potential for company growth held back by facility size.

Keep doing what you're doing!! Your ability to recognize potential and develop it is second to no other company I've ever worked for. And in saying that, I don't even feel like I work FOR this company, but WITH it! I can't explain how great it feels to have fallen into a career, and not just a job!

If you are a yes person then pleases stand up and apply

Current Employee - Collections in Fairfield, OH
    Current Employee - Collections in Fairfield, OH

I have been working at Axcess Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At one point I made incredible bonus, however that all stopped with new management realizing they wanted more from employes and continued to pay us less as a bonus or none at all

Cons

Everything except the people you work with

You want "yes" employees stop asking our opinion. Anyone having an opinion or telling you or your supervisors they are doing it wrong is out. If you don't want our opinions then stop asking for it. Please show your true colors, have the balls to stand up and say we don't care about you at all if you cross us your out, if you have an opinion your out, if you are not a male or a friend of management then you are definitely out or at least never getting promoted. You have these committees but everyone can see past your attempts, they are fluff and nothing more a way for you to make it appear like you are doing something for us. Basically own up to what you are doing.