Axcient Reviews

4.0

Justin Moore

Keeping the start-up feel

I have been working at Axcient full-time for more than a year

Pros

My colleagues keep me motivated to work heard each day. Being able to collaborate and work with people I respect and enjoy is something very difficult to come by. The environment is very open and welcoming, and it is nice to be able to mingle with your managers in a casual setting.

Cons

Axcient is growing rapidly. I fear the loss of close connections as we grow. But, growth is a much better option than the alternative. I hope we can keep are start-up feel as time goes on.

Having management more involved with projects would be great for morale. When managers are aware of all the work they are asking of their team, they can help set better time lines for when a project should be finished. This will also help the team feel as though the team to win attitude.

Great Company, Great Culture, Great Team!

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Axcient full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love my team and the people I work with. That's why I come to work every day. I've worked at a number of startups and this is the best yet. I appreciate the passionate leadership team and CEO and the information they openly share with us. I also get a lot of freedom to do my job the way I want to and am not micromanaged at all.

Cons

Not a lot to say here. More lunches? :)

Keep doing what you're doing. I'm happy with the direction you've taken the company in the past year. Things are feeling good.

Easy and smooth interview process

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Axcient full-time

Pros

I am big on company culture and values. Axcient's company culture really impressed me and I can see the dynamic of the employees on a daily basis. Whether it be razor scootering to the kitchen, going out to lunch together, or playing foosball outside--the people here really know how to balance work and play.

Cons

Seeing as Axcient is still a "small" company, there is a lot of work to be done; sometimes outside of your job description. Overall, I take these tasks as learning opportunities and use them to better my skills and grow my knowledge about other departments, the company and our product.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company with a People-Focused Culture and a Bright Future!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Axcient as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

This company really cares for its employees and you can see the sense of family in all the "people" focused things: weekly lunches, beer bashes and other (nearly weekly) celebrations, ping pong tournaments, hosting a company softball team, and other things. I work with some of the best people in the Bay Area and they (my boss included) give me the autonomy to do my job without being micromanaged. Though being a contractor (+1.5 years and going) it could be beneficial to leave for a permanent position elsewhere, doing so would likely be shortsighted as I see great things in the future for this company and I want to be a part of it.

Cons

As I said this company is like a family... and every family is somewhat dysfunctional in its own right. Nothing too bad here really, but:

-You'll have all the tools you NEED to do your job though you might not get the 1-2 tools extra that you want. As you'd expect from a smaller company, it is no cash cow.
    -There are programs for employee/career development, however they are a work in progress and can be better formalized and advertised.
    -The work can get tough and priorities can change rapidly so you've got to be nimble and adjust accordingly... but that's probably the case anywhere you go. We work hard and in turn play hard when the job is done.

Never Again

Former Employee - Support  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Support in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Axcient full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed my coworkers, the work environment was challenging, and varied.

Cons

Not your typical valley startup where everyone woks together as a team for a common goal. Here you are a slave to the CEO and his ego, and he directs the ship....regardless of the waters he is steering it to. Marketing and sales make promises and then engineering has to scramble to back them up. Then we end up with frustrated customers

Delegate authority among the senior staff and allow for other points of view.

Like Lipstick on a Pig this company looks better than it really is

I have been working at Axcient full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a lot of great hype around this company and has potential for growth if things can get aligned. There are some great people on the engineering and product management side of the biz as well.

Cons

The biggest challenge is that the company is more image than action. The opportunistic CEO believes that his past "right place right time" success translates over to Axcient but it really hasn't materialized and is more caught up in being a "Valley CEO" than actually building a strong company. We have had round after round of executives come and go when they cannot make it work. This company makes me nervous as it is more about managing perception rather than providing real value to customers.

Empower the employees to make decisions and support them, don't just dump messaging on our desks and run.

Overall good experience

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Axcient full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Culture, Good work life balance, Unlimited PTO, Lunch twice a week
    Good CEO, Good location, Good teams overall
    Good market to be in.

Cons

Compensation is not that great. The Sales took a hit last year's 2 quarters. However, now it is recuperating. Personal growth is not much in engineering department.

No opinion

Excellent atmosphere at a company with serious potential.

I have been working at Axcient full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at this company for over a year now and while there have been some growing pains, it has been well worth the push to get through them. This is a fun, fast paced atmosphere where thinking outside the box is expected and failure while trying something new is encouraged. As with any company, the people are what make the culture, and Axcient has some of the best and brightest rock stars in the industry. It is a true pleasure collaborating within my team and across teams to come up with innovative solutions that plague today's markets. Plus, who doesn't like free lunches and snacks?

Cons

As stated earlier, there have been some growing pains and changing of the guard at times, but it has all been worth the push. Axcient, like all great companies, endured and emerged better and stronger for it.

Continue listening to your people and let the employees guide the direction of the product.

Encourages "Breaking Glass", Intelligence, Hard Work, and Strong Culture

I have been working at Axcient full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Axcient has been great to me. In the time that I've been here I've been given interesting projects, lots of guidance, and opportunities that have pushed me to grow professionally. My colleagues are really hard workers- I mean the kind of people who really care about “a job well done” and have strong opinions about the future of our company. It’s true, everyone has a lot of responsibility at Axcient, and you will work with many different kinds of personalities across many departments. I love my own team, but I've had so many positive experiences working inter-departmentally that I really appreciate the times I get to cross-collaborate. It's a great network to be a part of; the VP's here pretty are approachable and know you by name. I've never worked harder for a company, but work has never been as rewarding as it has been at Axcient. Aside from interesting work, good location, good food, group workout days, etc...I would say that the culture and the people of Axcient are the real deal, and that’s the real “glue” that binds us.

Cons

We've had some growing pains in our recent past, which might seem like a stigma, but we've also been good at addressing it and I believe that the worst is behind us.

Keep giving employees the responsibility of hiring our peers. We like having ownership of our teams and our culture.

TAM

Former Employee - TAM  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - TAM in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Axcient full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best reasons to work here are NONE

Cons

Advice to the person reading this. RUN from this company

Advice to management you should all quit

Worked for Axcient? Contribute to the Community!