Axelerate Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Nancy Heen

1. Great company to work WITH !

Current Freelancer - Microsoft Senior Program Manager
    Current Freelancer - Microsoft Senior Program Manager

Pros

As a client, Axelerate provided solid resources, just-in-time check-ins & proactive feedback channels, ensuring I was able to focus on my work and not the workers. Over 3 years of working with Axelerate and specifically Amy Bray, I knew I could always count on the resources provided, or a quick adjustment could be made with little effort. I also enjoyed the frequent check-ins, as it made me feel like we were partners, not client->vendor, that's the relationship component I really enjoyed.

Cons

A wider range of consultant depth in technical and process areas to reduce any ramp-up needed, although what has been experienced as been minimal.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and focusing on the quality, the industry needs you !

2. Unimpressed

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Axelerate as a contractor

Pros

Seemed enthusiastic enough when recruiting me. Give the initial impression that they're happy you're joining the company. The quarterly get togethers were super silly, but nice opportunity to connect with others in the company.

Cons

Seriously? While they were super aggressive in recruiting, once I was actually onboarded their interest in my employee satisfaction disappeared. Lip service explanations for some of their processes that were outright lies. Penny pinching in all the wrong areas, i.e. equipment that's generally standard order in the industry needs to be specifically requested and justified.

Advice to Management

Don't say CEO has an "open door policy" if your not actually interested in hearing from your employees.

3. Love this place

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Axelerate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Senior management a company that really wants you to achieve success a competitive compensation package - great work environment

Cons

Company's they hold contracts with are few - growing each day so it will get better other than that no complaints

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing it is working keep believing in your growth an it will happen

5. Sr. Technical Recruiter

Current Employee - Senior Tech Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Tech Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Axelerate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Axelerate is an Minority and Women Owned Business -The organization is large enough to provide ample support but small enough to make an impact -Authentic care and concern for employees|consultants -The firm pays 100% employee benefits -Depth of relationships with client companies

Cons

-Axelerate needs to continue growing, defining and advancing its employment brand and placement in the marketplace. -There will be an ongoing challenge to differentiate and foster identity and attachment between Axelerate and clients companies served.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive to become the premiere search consulting firm specializing in Tech and Non-Tech Project Management.

Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Nice at first and accommodating but much different after landing job.

Cons

Do not work for these people. After providing 5 months notice of having to take a week off for my mother's ash funeral I was let go b/c I requested "too much time off". Then they had the gul to ask if I'd be interested in another position with them. Do not trust the account managers or staff. They only care about their contracts and MS relationships....not their employees (sweat shop workers).

Advice to Management

Changing your brand/name from MP Consulting to Axelerate isn't going to save you from the poor management and decisions that you make when working with people. Good luck b/c you are going to need it.

7. Step above the rest!

Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Axelerate as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Small boutique consulting firm that goes above and beyond for its clients and employees. The team invited me onsite to meet with them to talk to me about my skills and experience and how it aligns with the roles they had currently opened. I felt like they really went out of their way to get to know me as a person to make sure the opportunity truly aligned with my skills and experience. Really unique in the consulting market. As an employee they check in on my regularly to make sure everything is going ok and that all of my needs are being met.

Cons

Had to come onsite to interview live before they would send my resume to the client. While this was a bit of an inconvenience, I liked the fact that they wanted to get to know me so that they could truly represent my skills and experience.

8. Run Away!

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Axelerate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will pay you on time. If you like drama this is a place for you

Cons

Boring work, pay sucks, poor leadership and lacks accountability. Leadership constantly pointing fingers and always blaming consultants or other companies for loss of business. CEO uses tarot cards and stones to make decisions.

Advice to Management

Be accountable and ethical

9. Decelerator

I worked at Axelerate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice looking logo and nothing else

Cons

One client shop. They will do anything to get you on a contract with Microsoft even rewrite your resume. Office culture feels like going to a AA meeting. All about leads and sells. Lowest hourly rate by far compared with other body shops

Advice to Management

Transparency will go a long way and stop the group therapy company meetings

10. Careful

Current Employee - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Axelerate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very nice at first, bonus focused, proudly give referrals. Will get you into a contract no matter what do you will likely be placed.

Cons

Not ethical....they focus on selling so much they will say anything, even lie, to get you in and the employer to take you.

Advice to Management

You won't be around long if you keep up focusing on booking contracts and not the customers!

Love it!

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Axelerate as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I have nothing but very positive things to say about this company. They are small but mighty. They treat their consultants like gold. I worked for other agencies in the past and none compare.

Cons

None at this time. It's really terrific.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I love working for Axelerate!

RSS Feed </> Embed