Axiom Global Reviews

Mark Harris

1. Contract Attorney

Current Contractor - Contract Attorney in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Contract Attorney in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Axiom Global as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

-great work environment, casual, not too loud
    -smart people
    - responsible staff
    - managers are approachable and helpful
    - cares about clients wants
    - very flexible with outside schedules

Cons

- Sr. reviewers, if you see a frequently reoccurring error, send an email on how to code it.

Advice to Management

See above.

2. Unparalleled opportunity for career growth and impact.

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time

Pros

Axiom offers the best of both worlds: startup culture with the stability of an established, global company.

The benefits of startup culture are many, but for me it has meant: (1) irresistible colleagues (some of the best and brightest I've ever known), (2) incredibly varied, challenging, and strategic work, (3) the opportunity to BUILD and realize my impact, and (4) the opportunity for incredible career advancement and acceleration, far beyond what I could expect from a larger organization (and have experienced at larger companies). We're not bound by precedent and process here. If you are a self-starter with tons of horsepower and passion, you can do really well here. And if you are an innate problem solver... you'll love it here. Every day, we solve problems that the legal industry hasn't even yet anticipated... how cool is that?

The fact that our work is so challenging and our culture is so strong is what has attracted some of the best and brightest to Axiom. It's been a remarkable experience working here.

Cons

What makes the company extremely appealing to me can be a real con for others.

Axiom is not a 9-5 (though you'll find we have a very flexible working environment). Working here requires grit, the appetite to stretch, the ability to be self-starting. You need to be fearless, and you often need to do a lot of self-directed training and learning. You'll be challenged in ways that often make you uncomfortable. And it's imperative that you be hungry to navigate a suite of client services and internal operating environment that is often ambiguous... there is no handbook (by design!) for how to navigate Axiom. Executives here play as much as they coach. We all roll up our sleeves. If that's not for you (and it's not for everyone) then this may not be the place for you. But if you're hungry for those types of challenges, then welcome home!

3. Amazing place to grow

I have been working at Axiom Global

Pros

The employees are the best you can find, they are all very bright, and most are some of the best people I have ever worked with in my life. They have worked with me to find a place in my career I am very comfortable with. My managers are very supportive of my growth and development, and I feel as though my voice is heard, which is not common in a company of our size. I have made some really powerful, lasting connections here and I can honestly say that I can see my impact, every single day. I am not sure which companies would let me have such a significant impact so early in my tenure here.

Cons

The processes and communication cascade here can be maddeningly inefficient. The work life balance here also isn't that great/

5. Genius marketing creates perception that is not reality

I worked at Axiom Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your experience working at Axiom depends on the role you have there. The company is nimble enough to win business and it's through the efforts of a few that win the big deals there. The rest of the company is floundering. It appears much better on the outside looking in than to actually work there. Don't let the 'intense' interview process fool you.

Cons

The company culture is arrogant and seeks to hire people with educational pedigree and they put you through a ridiculous interview process. Some people went through over 15 interviews to get a job there. Once hired, you are provided barely any training to do your job and professional development is just getting on their radar. I've never worked for a company where there are so m any unhappy employees who whisper behind closed doors and where the level of frustration is so high but the executive management doesn't seem to care. Very unprofessional environment where management feels they can do anything they want and executive level management is either clueless or doesn't care. CEO barely talks to anyone other than his clique.

Advice to Management

Stop with the arrogance. There are plenty of great 'hip' and different places to work that actually care about their employees.

6. Glossy temp agency

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Axiom Global

Pros

Dynamic company; big focus on everyone understanding the big picture goals and direction the company is taking. NY location is great.

Cons

No matter how they spin it, it's a temp firm at the end of the day.

7. It's nice to like your job!

I have been working at Axiom Global (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people, the vision, the energy. If you don't love what you do, then you're doing it with the wrong people because that's truly what makes a company special. And while I appreciate the different opinions on this site, I couldn't sit by idly and watch a few disgruntled (past) employees try to sway the opinions of others who would be missing out on a great opportunity with a great firm.

Cons

Salaries are definitely not the highest in the market (they're "competitive" which means slightly below market), so you have to come to Axiom for the self-determination, vision of changing an otherwise changeless industry, and ability to surround yourself with some of the best and brightest people in the field.

Advice to Management

Listen to the cries of the dissatisfied employees because, while you can't be all things to all people, your employees are by far your biggest asset.

Big on the messging - don't know how to execute.

Former Employee - Project Management in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Management in Chicago, IL

I worked at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly generous health plan for full-time employees, generally casual work environment, people are typically great.

Cons

When it come to comes to execution, they have failed to truly follow-though on most of their initiatives over the past several years. They bought, grew, slowed, restarted then just dropped a line of business which resulted n expensive layoffs of several talented people. They ares till trying to find their ways n other lines of business. It's a decent place for a temp attorney reviewer, and just an ok place for project and outsourcing staff. They have lost/are losing a number of great people.

Advice to Management

Like many of these other reviews, learn how to value your employees, find a direction and stick with it, pay more attention to client delivery rather than overdoing it with management and over analysis of processes.

Complete chaos

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Axiom Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and gifts on your anniversary

Cons

Expected to work around the clock, low salaries, no company culture. Management is constantly scrambling to make a profit and ignores the needs of their employees in the process. Senior leadership is completely dysfunctional and very obviously do not agree on much of anything.

Advice to Management

Focus on giving helpful feedback to your teams and stop the boys club in senior leadership.

10. Great place to work

Current Contractor - Insourcing Attorney in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Insourcing Attorney in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Axiom Global as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Even though you are on-site with clients, they still make you feel like you are a part of the company. Moving from a firm, this is a great way to gain in-house experience.

Cons

They don't provide any matching 401(k) contributions. Because the work is contract-based, there is never a strong sense of job security in the role. It is unclear what kind of growth potential there is within the company.

Advice to Management

Establish 401(k) matching.
    Explore internal growth programs.

11. Analyst

Current Employee - Practice Management Analyst
    Current Employee - Practice Management Analyst

I have been working at Axiom Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic culture where you work with truly remarkable colleagues. There's great work-life balance and your manager truly cares about your goals - both personal and professional.

Cons

Due to Axiom still being in the early stages, there are growing pains. Constantly rolling out new initiatives that don't feel like they were well thought out. Need for better career pathing.