Axios Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Axios Systems CEO Tasos Symeonides

Tasos Symeonides

Great company with a lot of potential for staff willing to work hard and think outside the box.

ProsGreat vacation benefits. Management is flexible and supportive. Colleagues are knowledgeable and helpful with a strong work ethic.
    The Company also invests in developing its staff. All employees are put through the ITIL certification and further training is encouraged. Staff are not limited to performing only the duties of the job hired for, and are recognized for creativity and hard work.
    Overall working climate is very positive.

ConsNot enough communications between different offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and equally reward staff for achievements.

Dysfunctional business that can't sell

(Current Employee)

Pros401k vests at 100% immediately, so you can leave when you realize what a mistake this place is. Obamacare will make the health plan cost less than $1000/month.

ConsProduct is old and only competitive in countries in Eastern Europe or Northern Africa, where we're the only option for larger IT shops. For the United States, not so much- out of 14 sales reps hired in the last 3 years, 10 were fired or quit in under a year.

Most left after the company got rid of its CRM. Basically you have people spread out across the country working from home off their own excel sheets. Marketing doesn't deliver leads. PR is with a different outsourcer every quarter. No one responds to RFPs. Anytime Axios gets in a buying process involving 1 other competitor like ServiceNow or BMC, it loses.

Everyone in the US headquarters in Virginia is actually working for another start-up (which is also failing) that belongs to a relative of the company founder, but being paid with Axios money. I personally don't think the rest of the family understands to what extent this is happening.

The family has started to realize they need to sell the business and are doing some last minute work to make the company appealing to potential buyers but it's too late. Most of the marketing department in the UK packed up and left, too. They're hiring anybody to fill openings with money the company isn't earning. The long term looks bad.

I doubt Axios will be around in a few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, it's too late.

not a company with a future

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

Prosvery little supervision so you can work at your own pace. If you are in sales, then you can get away without being a go getter.

ConsNo accountability at the management level. Product is old and not suited for today's demands of ease of use, flexibility, or quick implementation. You can only dress up a 25 year old technology product just so much. The benefits package in the US is poor if you have a family. Since they are a UK company, they don't get the healthcare system in the US.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees. they are more capable than you give them credit for.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Job Experience ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere were some really nice people in my team. Work-life-balance was ok.

ConsLittle room for personal growth; micro management environment. Many people who work there have been with the company for years and seem to have found their comfort niche. But if you're experienced and willing to take on responsibilities, this is the wrong place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

A company with problems like any other but some bright spots too

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people working there, very dedicated and care about the company's success. Senior management is much more supportive than the other reviews on here indicate however they do not put up with under-performers or people that are detrimental to the team. If you know what you're doing and do it well there is a good degree of trust and flexibility given that let you make your role your own. The product is relatively good, but could do with some visual improvements from a UI perspective. The "bones" of it are great though.

ConsSalaries tend to stay the same for long periods (often years) but there is negotiation room at the point of recruitment so make sure you get the salary you want and deserve at the beginning.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management or HR should reach out to all employees more regularly, as there was recently quite an issue with a first-line manager in the company that pretty much destroyed an entire department by treating them horribly for the year that the person was employed. While that person has now been rightfully fired, they seem to be flooding this website with negative reviews, so keep in mind that what you see in the other reviews come from a disgruntled ex-employee that does not represent the 200+ people that work at Axios.

Excellent place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsA pleasant atmosphere to work in and a fantastic team to work with. You will continuously be learning something new from very experienced and knowledgeable colleagues and management. Management is always open to discussing and implementing new ideas. It is very clear that if you deliver, you will be rewarded. Employee retention is also good with some being there for more than 15 years.
    The product is also one of the best in the market. A product you'll enjoy using, selling, implementing or supporting.

ConsWorking in an office away from HQ makes us feel like we're working in a silo sometimes.

Great career oportunity

ProsI have been working with Axios for more than 5 years
    Axios is an ITSM market leader
    Trusted by customers, loved by employees
    Your work makes a difference and is seen and appreciated by upper management
    Amazing staff all around the globe who share information and experience
    Growing customer base
    A product which at this point is more advance than most of the competitors in the market
    A working environment which encourages and supports individual initiatives
    Management understand that employees need training!!!

ConsThe go to market strategy can improve
    Some benefits can also be improved

Always working with pleasure and enthusiasm at Axios systems

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsGreat Company, Great Product, Amazing and intelligent colleagues, Supportive and good listening management, down to earth and practical. I have been in the IT industry for a long time, and worked for several Vendors and SI, only at Axios systems i say every morning: "thanks god i am again going to work"

ConsHaving one single product my limit our exposure to the market, however on the other side, it is giving us a chance to fully focus and master what we do.

A company with customer base in decline, more stronger competitors and controlling untrusting management

(Current Employee)

Prosmany of the employees are good people, the technical guys know their stuff

ConsCompelled to write this after reading the rather dubious 4 very positive reviews in that appeared over 2 days.

Very unpleasant place to work due to founders management of business: supposed agile development, to employee benefits, to lack of any empathy or empowering of people (empowering is a swear word).

The founding management cream money out of the business - this is clear from annual report - yet emails over last 4 years from founder’s state that due to present economic environment no pay rises for anyone.

One of the key phrases of one of the founders is that everyone is stupid and should be sacked - verbally and in writing. They not interested in doing anything diferent - their way or no way.

Most people walk away and don’t take legal action as they just want out of the toxic environment and put it behind them. One of these honest reviews states to do much research and chat with former employees and a few recruitment consultants, this is good advice. Most existing employees are fearful for their jobs so won’t be honest.

Advice to Senior Managementrespect employees, reward employees, empower employees

A family autocracy with archaic management practices

(Current Employee)

ProsOnly one product. Some of the people know their stuff and are good people.

ConsIf you think for yourself have a good business head and innovative this is not the company for you. If you are a 'yes man' and always want to do as you are instructed then do come to work here. Most employees here are fearul of losing their jobs due to the bizarre manner in which the family/management control everything and rule by fear rather than a more pragmatic, supportive and inclusive management style.

It's interesting that genuine comments have come in over time then suddenly 3 positive comments are all posted on the same day Nov 2013 - smacks of something doesn't it? You are bright people reading this - what does that tell you 3 awfully positive posts appearing on the same day raving about the management?

If you think for yourself, care about colleagues, doing the right thing and like to work in a collaborative environment where ideas are embraced - this is not the company for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect employees, you have no business without us.

Worked for Axios Systems? Contribute to the Community!