Axis Consultants Group Reviews

Austin Owen

Entry Level Management Training

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Axis Consultants Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great learning environment - The training in sales, leadership, business and strategy benefit you outside of the office as well - The training (again), coaching, and mentoring - there were so many resources in any area I needed help in - The people - being able to be around positive and competitive but friendly people was awesome - I personally learned how to grow up - Axis Consultants group taught me budgeting, finances, communication, how to keep going where as before i would just give up and quit. - The Management team from Tony and Austin was amazing. I had a lot of things that i had to deal with during and after work. they were both there for encouragement and help along the way.

Cons

- It's not only challenging, it's actually hard at times - most of those times, though, were the points where I grew the most - The pay is average for this type of position (base, commission, and bonuses), unless you're great with sales, which wasn't always my strong suit - If you want to excel you DO have to put in extra effort - you truly have to work for what you want

Advice to Management

Thanks for always being supportive. I've never been apart of a company where the management is so hands on and easily available. I know I can pick up the phone and call at any time and they will help me. Thanks for giving me a chance and I'm looking forward to the future. Thank you!

Jun 28, 2015 – President

WOW - Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate the honest feedback about your experiences here at Axis Consultants Group! I'm really glad to hear that you learned and applied what is ... More

Great Place To Work #awesomeadmins

I have been working at Axis Consultants Group

Pros

The atmosphere at Axis Consultants is awesome. The admins do a wonderful job making everyone feel welcome, they are genuinely concerned with the individual needs of each employee. Just days after starting to work at Axis they celebrated my birthday, I hadn't even mentioned to anyone that it was coming up.

Cons

They think they need to provide coffee for everyone. They don't! We are already pumped to be at work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing. You play a big part in the overall office experience.

Jun 11, 2015 – President

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to have you on the team! -AO

Atmosphere

I have been working at Axis Consultants Group

Pros

The lobby experience was super awesome I never felt so calm or welcomed in an interview before. The lobby administrator was SO engaging!! I also had a chance to meet the Human Resources Manager (Lauren) and the Director of Operations (Kiki) you can definitely tell they really care about their employees. At one of the meetings I felt like I was at a pep rally I never in all my years been at a company where people we're genuinely excited to work. The reason I applied for other jobs was because I wanted a place where I didn't have to wake up every morning just to go to another "JOB" I wanted something fun and long term...I truly believe AXIS CONSULTANTS GROUP is that place!!!

Cons

The only con I have for them is their website doesn't express the culture as much. That would help!

Jun 11, 2015 – President

Thank you so much for such a great review! We'll definitely get together with our website developer to further discuss adding additional details to the site in regard to the company culture - As you ... More

5. Good place to work for only certain management

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Axis Consultants Group

Pros

Great support and training from managers and trainers,from their direct tv campaign. Those managers and trainers are amazing, take care of their people and really care about their employees. Advancement opportunities for those who deserve them, not just because of the time they have been working with Axis. I have only seen one person advance without earning it and it wasn't on the campaign I was working on. The team I was working with promote assistant managers and managers almost every 6 months! Lots of growth opportunity for the genuine, hard working, and caring individuals who work here. Administration team is awesome and really care about making sure everyone is given a fair opportunity from the interview to after hire.

Cons

One of the manager/owners does not care about his people and it is hard to work for. He is selfish and does not care about anyone, only himself. I would not work for him but I would for Mr. Kennard again. He is great and takes care of his people. I feel he should take over on his own and run the office without the other partner.

Advice to Management

Stop letting people who harm the great opportunity work in this business. It is quite clear why some people are succeeding and others aren't. Keep working hard for your people and giving them the opportunity that has been promised to them from their day of hire.

Door to door sales

I worked at Axis Consultants Group

Pros

The people there were all pretty cool. And you do learn how to hustle

Cons

It's all lies you literally go door to door and Ty to sling pencils and pens directly from a wholesaler.. No salary no car allowance.. It's really the worst kind of job there is. On my first day I had to give the guy I was driving around with 5.00 for cigs.. Then he smoked them all day long in the car.. Run as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

Hopeless

Apr 16, 2015 – President

First of all, we are sorry that you had a negative experience with us. Every single time when somebody leaves our business unhappy, we definitely take accountability since we value the time and ... More

We Strive to Maximize Your Potential

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Axis Consultants Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have an opportunity like no other. All training and experience is hands on, from learning the fundamentals of sales and marketing, to learning how to conduct interviews and training systems on how to duplicate yourself and building business. The Management training program allows you to grow at your own pace, develop corporate-world skill sets, manage others, and provides a performance based, no seniority advancement structure.

Cons

This is not a regular 9 to 5 job. This is an opportunity to create a lifestyle for you and yours' to live like most people cant. We will push you to continue to better yourself and hold you accountable for your own success here. We do not believe in complacency, excuses or any type of negative mentality

Advice to Management

The environment and culture of the company is phenomenal. We have office nights and team nights where friends and family are welcomed. We strongly believe in work/life balance and an office culture of Work Hard, Play Hard Mentality

Feb 10, 2015 – President

All I can say is WOW - Thank you for being so open and detailed about your experience with us! We appreciate you giving your view of your position and the company culture and opportunities here! Our ... More

Several misleading statements and Advertising Lead me to a rocky start

I have been working at Axis Consultants Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Commission is excellent if you can earn it, and the Management advancement programs are extremely detailed. The manager training allows for a blending of ideas and methodology.

Cons

Entry level position is quite simply selling Directv in a Walmart. You earn promotions by consistently bringing in commission. The hours are around 10 a day 8 of which are spent in the store, which can be over a 30 minute drive. I have also learned the scary truth about the salary which is, if you don't earn more than the 3 applications in a week for more than 2 weeks you get put on probation.

Advice to Management

Make sure to emphasize the "Salary" is only used as an emergency for a terrible week and if you are earning that for too long you will be on probation. Also make sure to place emphasis on the real hours for advertising purposes. I was looking for a 9 to 5 not a 9 to 8.

Feb 10, 2015 – President

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our company! We're definitely detailed about our Management Training Program, as well as who is able to get promoted through it; You must ... More

Great experience but careful

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Axis Consultants Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn the ins and outs of business and how to create your own company from the ground up. You learn sales, customer service, team building and leadership. It's great for those just out of college looking for some experience in multiple areas at once, plus you can say you got some management training too!

Cons

Don't be fooled. It's a commission/bonus-based job. If you are the rare talent that can produce everyday, than this job is for you. Otherwise, it's hard work just to make the bare minimum you would otherwise make easily working in a low-salary paying job.

Advice to Management

Add a minimum payment floor. It'll help people who are struggling.

Jan 13, 2015 – Administrator

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate you giving insight as to what it's like to work at Axis Consultants Group. We are constantly striving to improve our company through training ... More

Breathe of fresh air!!!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Axis Consultants Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the moment you walk into the company you get the feeling you have become part of an extended family. The management is always available as there is an open door policy. Each week there are new activities and events for the employees and friend/family members. They take a hands on approach to training and developing each employee. They do allow you the freedom to work individually without the direct supervision of management. They allow you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your own career path.

Cons

Really aren't many cons if you are driven and motivated in your work. It isn't just a "job," it is a career that lays in your hands.

Advice to Management

Never loose your focus and keep the upbeat energy going.

Opportunity for growth personally and professionally

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Axis Consultants Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The opportunity for growth is in your own hands. The things we learn for the company not only help you grow and advance as a professional, but are transferable to day to day activities outside of work. I love that the work I do is not just monetarily rewarding, but also personally gratifying. I have become more organized as an individual because of the hands on help I have received from others. The reason I work with Axis is because it gives me the opportunity to learn how to run my own company and can get me to the position I have always wanted.

Cons

Longer hours for extra learning. I use to have a tough balancing personal and professional life. One of the most difficult things I had to overcome was learning something new for the first time and getting frustrated.

Advice to Management

Be tougher on employees if standards are not being met.

RSS Feed </> Embed