Axis Consultants Reviews

19 reviews filtered by
4.6
Austin Owen
1 Rating

Open Doors & Exactly What I was Looking for!

Current Employee - Business Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Business Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Axis Consultants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company leadership is one of my favorite things about working here. They're super open minded, and always keep an open door for any questions and comments. They started entry-level as well, so they're very relate-able to those of us who are typically intimidated by managers at a company, since they've literally been through the same things. From the interview process, to now working at Axis, everything has been very straight to the point and black and white. Everyone here believes that there's no point in keeping any details or success secrets to themselves, because well, we're a team and succeed together! Truly!

Cons

I personally don't think there are any cons to this company or anything about it. They're very diverse, from employee's backgrounds, to having multiple clients, and a range of pay structures. There's a place for everyone here!

I think you guys are doing a great job. There was a shift a few months ago, where there were a TON of improvements made, and since then, I think because of listening to each and every employee's impute, the company is the best it's ever been and climbing!

Mar 24, 2015President

WOW - Thank you so much for such a fantastic review! We are VERY glad to know that you can feel and see the efforts made by us constantly, to make Axis a better place to work and succeed! - AO

We Strive to Maximize Your Potential

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Axis Consultants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We have an opportunity like no other. All training and experience is hands on, from learning the fundamentals of sales and marketing, to learning how to conduct interviews and training systems on how to duplicate yourself and building business. The Management training program allows you to grow at your own pace, develop corporate-world skill sets, manage others, and provides a performance based, no seniority advancement structure.

Cons

This is not a regular 9 to 5 job. This is an opportunity to create a lifestyle for you and yours' to live like most people cant. We will push you to continue to better yourself and hold you accountable for your own success here. We do not believe in complacency, excuses or any type of negative mentality

The environment and culture of the company is phenomenal. We have office nights and team nights where friends and family are welcomed. We strongly believe in work/life balance and an office culture of Work Hard, Play Hard Mentality

Feb 10, 2015President

All I can say is WOW - Thank you for being so open and detailed about your experience with us! We appreciate you giving your view of your position and the company culture and opportunities here! Our ... More

Family oriented environment

I have been working at Axis Consultants

Pros

1. Best place to gain experience if you don't have alot.
    2. Fun, exciting, upbeat, energetic, family of people. They make the day from the time you come in for an interview till forever really.....
    3. You should want more for your life, for your family, for YOURSELF these people invest in your future...
    4. This not just a J.O.B it's a Career!!!

Cons

That there's not more places like this...

Feb 10, 2015President

Thank you SO MUCH for such a great review! We really appreciate feedback and try to make the environment and opportunities here as fun, friendly, exciting, and fair as possible. - AO, President

Several misleading statements and Advertising Lead me to a rocky start

I have been working at Axis Consultants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Commission is excellent if you can earn it, and the Management advancement programs are extremely detailed. The manager training allows for a blending of ideas and methodology.

Cons

Entry level position is quite simply selling Directv in a Walmart. You earn promotions by consistently bringing in commission. The hours are around 10 a day 8 of which are spent in the store, which can be over a 30 minute drive. I have also learned the scary truth about the salary which is, if you don't earn more than the 3 applications in a week for more than 2 weeks you get put on probation.

Make sure to emphasize the "Salary" is only used as an emergency for a terrible week and if you are earning that for too long you will be on probation. Also make sure to place emphasis on the real hours for advertising purposes. I was looking for a 9 to 5 not a 9 to 8.

Feb 10, 2015President

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our company! We're definitely detailed about our Management Training Program, as well as who is able to get promoted through it; You must ... More

Great Experience and Career Opportunities for those with Little to No Exeprience

Former Employee - Senior Leader and Corporate Trainer
    Former Employee - Senior Leader and Corporate Trainer

I worked at Axis Consultants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company Culture is focused around training and development of people. No experience is needed to work here, they will provide all the training needed for success. Everyone is helpful and the work expected of you is nothing that training does not teach. Cross training of different roles is encouraged, so if there is something new an employee wants to learn, all they have to do is ask! As long as they are performing their current roles up to standards, they can learn more!

Ability to make more money without waiting for promotions. Promotions are based on individual work performance. No one is hired from the outside for upward positions in the firm. Advancement is encouraged, unlike other companies that want you to stay in the same position for years.

Senior Management is well experienced in what it takes to be successful and works along side employees to help them achieve their goals. They have a personal relationship with everyone in the company and are willing to spend extra time with anyone working hard for themselves to be better.

Hard work is rewarded not only by increases in pay, but with increased responsibility, learning opportunities, travel, and awards. Travel is not mandatory, but it is encouraged. If you are looking to see new places and meet new people this is a great way to get paid to do it!

Training and development is given beyond just the day to day functions of the position. If you want to personally get better at something in your life, they have the tools and resources to let some one 'help themselves' get better in life.

Team culture is highly encouraged as well as friendly competition. This is not a cut-throat environment. Competition among team members is to help push each other to be better, not break them down.

The harder you work, the more you get out of this company. They work hard for you if you work hard for yourself.

Provides a good work/life balance after completing the first few months. Family culture is encouraged. Company events are geared towards networking and meeting the important people in team member's lives. With any job you have, you spend just as much time with the people you work with as you do your family, the culture here encourages family and friends to meet the team and grasp an understanding of the business, each team members role, and what opportunities are available to them in the future.

Cons

Not for those looking to just 'show up' to work. This culture encourages people to better themselves, with that said extra time outside the typical work hours will be needed to better yourself and those around you. If you are unwilling to put in a little extra work then this would not be a good atmosphere for you.

This extra effort is needed for the first few months to get the skills necessary for success, weather its on your own or with other team members. Since there is a ton of training, that means extra efforts of studying are needed on your behalf to make the most of the day to day training provided.

Successful Management Trainees will be rewarded accordingly but that means more time and energy needed to get there than a typical 9 to 5 position. If you aren't willing to put more into yourself to be a better person and make necessary changes to be more successful don't work here.

Continue to focus on taking care of people, teaching them how to be successful, and pushing others to be the best they can. Do not promise things you can not follow through on. These things have made this a great place to work.

Great experience but careful

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Axis Consultants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learn the ins and outs of business and how to create your own company from the ground up. You learn sales, customer service, team building and leadership. It's great for those just out of college looking for some experience in multiple areas at once, plus you can say you got some management training too!

Cons

Don't be fooled. It's a commission/bonus-based job. If you are the rare talent that can produce everyday, than this job is for you. Otherwise, it's hard work just to make the bare minimum you would otherwise make easily working in a low-salary paying job.

Add a minimum payment floor. It'll help people who are struggling.

Jan 13, 2015Administrator

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate you giving insight as to what it's like to work at Axis Consultants Group.

We are constantly striving to improve our company through training
    ... More

Breathe of fresh air!!!

I have been working at Axis Consultants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

From the moment you walk into the company you get the feeling you have become part of an extended family. The management is always available as there is an open door policy. Each week there are new activities and events for the employees and friend/family members. They take a hands on approach to training and developing each employee. They do allow you the freedom to work individually without the direct supervision of management. They allow you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your own career path.

Cons

Really aren't many cons if you are driven and motivated in your work. It isn't just a "job," it is a career that lays in your hands.

Never loose your focus and keep the upbeat energy going.

Opportunity for growth personally and professionally

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Axis Consultants full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The opportunity for growth is in your own hands. The things we learn for the company not only help you grow and advance as a professional, but are transferable to day to day activities outside of work. I love that the work I do is not just monetarily rewarding, but also personally gratifying. I have become more organized as an individual because of the hands on help I have received from others. The reason I work with Axis is because it gives me the opportunity to learn how to run my own company and can get me to the position I have always wanted.

Cons

Longer hours for extra learning. I use to have a tough balancing personal and professional life. One of the most difficult things I had to overcome was learning something new for the first time and getting frustrated.

Be tougher on employees if standards are not being met.

Great environment for a driven individual to grow!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Axis Consultants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The leadership team takes a genuine part in daily training and 1-on-1 coaching. Up-beat atmosphere. Opportunity to work independently and attend business trips and conferences! You determine your advancement, the harder you work the quicker you get promoted! You will learn what it takes to run your own office,how to train others to be successful, and reach your goals! No limit to what you can earn!

Cons

Longer hours than nine to five. If your results don't come quickly it can be hard to stay focused but management is always available to come along side and assist.

My advice to management, keep doing what you're doing!

Inviting, energetic, hardworking group of people.

I have been working at Axis Consultants full-time

Pros

Ability for drastic forward advancement within a years time depending on hard work.

Cons

May not be for those looking for the typical 9-5 punch in punch out.

none