Axon EP

Updated December 3, 2014
2.8

Axon EP CEO Gary Stratulate
Gary Stratulate

Positive, engaging corporate culture, good opportunity for individuals to have meaningful impact.

I have been working at Axon EP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Executive management is encouraging and accommodating, and clear/concise when communicating expectations. There's a solid perception that leadership recognizes it's stake in individual employee success. Work environment is challenging but friendly and open to a wide range of styles and perspectives.

Cons

Physical location of offices near 290 and the West Belt can be challenging when traffic is heavy.

There seems to be a core of smart and loyal employees in the corporate offices that work well together and have good mutual respect for each other and the rest of the organization. Think that kind of rapport should be encouraged & cultivated throughout the company.

Project Engineer

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Axon EP as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The contract positions have high potential pay rate

Cons

1-Hard to build a career.
    2-Firing and laying off employees is Axon type of work ! there is no job security.
    3- all mega projects are terribly managed by senior management ! they never learn from historical projects

STAY AWAY IT"S NOT THE BEST JOB AT ALL.

There are alot of great people here . A new and growing company with many opportunities.

I have been working at Axon EP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Like I said, it is a growing company with a lot of potential.

Cons

Good people have been let go..But good people have also been brought in. A part of business i suppose.

Value the hard work of employees more.

Great place to grow

I have been working at Axon EP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

AXON likes to promote from within. From conversations with sales reps in other companies, AXON offers one of the best commission plans around.

Cons

Growing pains. The reputation of one division can have an adverse effect on the other 5 divisions.

You've got to spend money to make money. Hiring the best field/shop hands is key in this industry. You may have to pay top dollar, but the pros outweigh the cons.

I enjoyed the time I spent at Axon as a QA/QC inspector.

Former Employee - Inspector in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Inspector in Houston, TX

I worked at Axon EP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only con that comes to mind is that my supervisor was overtasked and very unorganized, therefore the presence of immediate management in my department was lacking.

Cons

The pros would definitely have to be that despite the workload I was always able to get the time off work when needed. The staff is overall very friendly and courteous; I met several people that I can call good friends at this company in which I am still in contact with. For the industry the salary was also extremely competitive the position that filled.

Great Place with good people

Current Employee - Eng in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Eng in Houston, TX

I have been working at Axon EP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work, people are nice and great opportunities to grow yourself in your career, unfortunately they are employees that think of Axon like Exxon Mobile., this company is about 4 years old, employees need to work, do the real work, it’s all about group work, team work, half of the employees in this company are working very hard and the other half are in the company just for their pay checks and taking advantage of the company.

Cons

Lack of supervision, communication by managers and supervisors. Managers need to supervise their employees, they need to walk around the area and speak with their employees face to face. Again this is a team work, do the work.

Top managers must ensure managers/ supervisors are communicating with their employees.

Not ideal not but good outweighs bad

I have been working at Axon EP

Pros

Small & young company so your involved in more compared to big corps. Lots of potential for advancement..or so it seems. Opportunity to learn a lot in different disciplines if you want. Coworker's are usually smart and enjoyable to work with for the most part.

Cons

Nepotism. Negative/defensive attitudes from a certain division. No set processes across divisions. And what's up with the short PTO?

Some people are working hard because they actually care... but hopes diminish when good work is not acknowledged. Yeah your a young company but think about how it effects the company in the long run when you lose the worker bees and have to train nonchalant newbies.

Current employee, well aware that growing a successful business takes work and tenacity.

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Axon EP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

AXON has built a reputation in a short time for a high quality product. It’s a part of my own work that I take pride in. and I am proud to work alongside some sharp, skilled, and very experienced people. There is a solid culture in the company of doing what’s required to meet our customers’ needs.

AXON is still a young company, with ambitious goals in a tough, competitive market. One thing this means is that there is lots of room for personal advancement and growth as the company gains footing, through the hard work and the handiwork of the team.

Cons

Another side of this is that as the company matures and tunes portions of the business, we’ve encountered some inevitable dissonant patches. Few people are happy to be chosen for a layoff. Those posting here venting their hurt feelings have my sympathies. It’s an unfortunate and difficult decision to make, but still necessary sometimes for the health and strength of the organization. Those decisions have to take into account the livelihoods of many people.

As the company grows and business units develop processes and practices, we need to periodically review what's new that is bringing improvement. There are probably processes that could be rolled out company wide, and others that would be good for cataloging as 'best practices' for all units to be aware of. As the company matures, so must the company's systems continually develop and mature.

You get out is dependent on what you put in !!

Current Employee - Axon Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Axon Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Axon EP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity in the simplest words. Axon has so many opportunities over its competitors because they are different from the usual Oil and Gas companies. There's a core of people who do care and want to make Axon a major success, but there's also too many 'na'er do wells', singing that we'll all be doomed. Look at some of the other reviews. Reading between the lines the very people I'm on about, in 'Cons'
    Not a perfect company by any means, but with the right people and the right attitude a force to be reckoned with.

Cons

People might actually have to do some work and contribute !!. I've been with Axon for a while and seen a lot of changes. The business acquired a lot and that by definition brought its own problems, trying to integrate the business'.
    I see the people whinging about the bad things of Axon, but hardly ever hear the good. The great opportunities for those who want to make a difference; the rewards - Axon pays well in my opinion and job security. I see too many people simply coming in for their paycheck and doing as little as possible while they are there - surfing the internet during work periods; extended lunch breaks; 'off to meetings', and these are the very same people who complain when hard decisions are made.

Certainly listen to the workforce and communicate the strategy of the business. We're all in the same boat, and if we all row in the same direction, then we'll get there so much quicker.
    Get rid of those who don't want to contribute and replace them by those who do.

Good Opportunity

I have been working at Axon EP full-time

Pros

The most important thing here is that I really like my job. My co-workers are helpful, understanding and pretty hilarious at times. A good working atmosphere is important to me, and for the most part I feel like AXON embodies this. When it comes to benefits, the insurance here is decent. I've had a few medical/dental issues, and the amount I had to pay was greatly reduced thanks to our insurance. Also, AXON occasionally offers training seminars to anyone who wants to sign up, which can be nice if you're interested in the topic. Overall, my experience here at AXON has been pretty pleasant.

Cons

Even though working here has been a good opportunity, I must admit that moving up has been pretty difficult. During my interview, it was discussed that the position I accepted would be transitional. I would gain experience and then be moved up to the field in which I have a degree in. Unfortunately, it's been a year and a half, and barely anything has changed. Nepotism does exist here. I've noticed that people with more to offer, such as relatives in high places, are more likely to move up than someone who has to solely rely on their work ethics to get noticed.

All I have to say is to follow through with what you promise.