Axon US Corp

Updated June 24, 2014
Updated June 24, 2014
1.6

Jason Ji

You get what you put in, no more no less

Former Employee - Business Development
    Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at Axon US Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity to interact with other small to large businesses.

Amazing co-workers that got your back, you won't find any office politics in this place.

A lot freedom in how you tackle the work, as long you want to actually work. There are a lot of things they don't teach you at school that I learned here:

1.) Professionalism
    2.) Punctuality
    3.) Real world problem solving
    4.) Business social skills

I also learned to not feel entitled, nobody owes you anything in the real world. Everything has to be earned through hard work and team effort.

Cons

The pay could be better, but isn't that everywhere these days? I wanted to learn more about business and I got exactly just that, still, could be better.

CEO is not around very often, he seems to be quite busy all the time, I wish I had more chance to interact with him though.

Bathroom is disgusting, yes, but thankfully, nobody has to work in the bathroom.

A lot of issues with unexpected problems occurred suddenly, a lot of times there are no clear cut solutions, this can put a lot of pressure on everyone.

More company outing would be better, let the employee get to you know as a person instead of just being the CEO.

What A JOKE...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Axon US Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Most of your co-workers are cool.

- The delivery guys especially FedEx and TNT are funny dudes once you get to know them.
    - Despite my miserable time there, I did learn important life lessons that I can take with me anywhere I go in the future.

Cons

- Management and ownership encourage you to give ideas to improve the company... BUT ignore your ideas.

- Everyday, you have to clock-in when you come to work and when you leave. Want to go out during lunch break? Same deal, clock in and out.

- You work 9 AM-6 PM and get a 45 minute lunch break only. With the clock, which is 6 minutes slow, it feels longer.

- There are no benefits to speak of... no retirement, health benefits or anything like that. Time off? There's a form you have to fill out whenever you want to take a day off or even come in late/leave early. It's demeaning, especially when combined with clocking in.

- Lack of structure and organization within the company.

- Ownership and management have no morals whatsoever, its all about making a quick buck.

- You're expected to care about the company and devote your entire life and fiber to the company... but there's no extra perks or any added incentives.

- Who wants to go to work with a feeling of dread and despair?

- Employee appreciation is a strange and weird concept at this company, it's non-existent. Ownership and management won't even say 'Good job' or anything. No one cares about the well-being of employees.

- Oh and because of the paranoia from the owner, sometimes no one tells you the crucial information needed to do your job properly.

- Illegal, unethical and immoral behavior going on at the company.

- Working here is the same vicious cycle- someone messes up, you tell them what happened and what to do then the same mistake happens again.

- "Manager" is late and the first one to get ready to go for day. "Manager" spends a lot of time not working, as evidenced by the forwarded emails sent around. Company "Manager" also at times, made me feel as if I wasn't doing my job properly then said "oh you guys know what you're doing better than I do". What a stinking hypocrite.

- Company could offer me all the money in the world along with all the benefits and I'd still leave because that's how I feel about there.

- There's an 'us (the workers) vs. them (management and ownership mentality)' going on and both sides are never on the same page.

- No chance for growth individually or in your career.

- Best way to describe this company is a circus masquerading as an actual company.

- More time is spent talking about solutions to problems then actually fixing the problems. What company does that?

- Learn to trust your employees. Better companies have failed because of how they treated their employees.

- Stop running the company as if you were located in China cause you're not.

- More benefits and employee appreciation would be helpful.

- Unfortunately, a company's productivity is not based on talk. What YOU DO as a company means a lot more than any words that are spoken. If a company's productivity is based on talk, then this would be one of the most productive companies around.

This place has no heater; its was control by the building. Bathroom smell!

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Axon US Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice neighborhood; close to time square and herald square. Many choice for lunch place. The job is pretty laid back; very quite place.

Cons

The work place is nothing like an office, and iits freezing. My room feels much better and cleaner when compare to it. Share one bathroom with many other employers. And the work is so boring.

No comments

Miserable, frustrating waste of time.

I worked at Axon US Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers are friendly and the boss leaves for China sometimes so you can just relax and do whatever you want.

Cons

-Building is old, elevators are extremely slow and unreliable (sometimes up to a 10 minute wait)
    -Building mostly used for factory space, not professional offices.

-Bathrooms are disgusting, you have to share 2 stalls with the entire floor and you have to bring your own toilet paper and soap.

-Only one sink for the whole floor, NO hot running water, some days there is no running water AT ALL.

-Barely furnished or decorated office space.

-NO central air conditioning, heat is controlled by building owner and is turned on whenever he feels like it.

-Huge mouse problem, your food will get eaten and there will be feces on your desk.

-NO cleaning service, must take out the entire office’s trash on a weekly rotation.

-You are a salaried worker, but will be expected to punch a timecard in the morning, when you leave/come back for lunch and at the end of the day.

-If you are even one minute late, you will get your pay deducted!!

-Worst pay imaginable. The “managers” make 27k/year and you get paid ONCE a month!

-NO benefits at all!

-6 days of vacation and sick days combined, and ONE day added EACH YEAR you are there.

-If you need to take time off (even for a few hours) you will be expected to fill out a form and give a detailed reason why and get it approved.

-You do not get off for black Friday, Christmas eve, new years eve. You will not be able to leave early EVER. No Christmas bonus.

-Work NINE HOURS straight with only ONE 45 minute break (and when you factor in the ridiculously long wait for the elevators your break is even less than that).

-You will be micro managed. No one will care about problems you encounter and you will not receive any help. There is no formal training.

-You will be given empty promises about promotions, pay raises and benefits.

-Entire company is basically a scam; they simply resell cheap items on Amazon and E-bay for as much as they can possibly get.

-Company outsources to China so your job will pretty much entail dealing with inane questions.

Learn the American standards of how an office should operate. Or just go back to China forever.

It's a paycheck...

I worked at Axon US Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Office is located a few blocks from times square, which means you should have little to no problem getting to work, most trains go to times square.

Cons

Little to no chance of growing as an employee. No compensation or benefits to speak of. You're expected to give literally, your life to the company. Employer makes it clear that he only cares about you showing up to work and meeting his "goals". Company outsources over 90% of employees to China and expects workers here to work under similar conditions and treatments as well as adhere to the cultural whims of employer. Any objections are met with a slightly veiled threat that there are millions of people who are looking for jobs. Working conditions: You work in a building with garment factories, you share a 2 stalls with a floor of garment factory workers, bathrooms are less than sanitary, plumbing is horrible and you have to bring your own soap and tissue papers.

Employees are the golden eggs which can make or break a company. Employers must accept the fact that people in general have their own personal interests. So, how do you bridge that gap? Employers should start to listen and try to align their employees’ interests along with the company’s vision. It all boils down to understanding human relationships at an organic level. “Happy employees lead to profit”. This is not a new concept, it’s unfortunate that many companies do not value employees.

Axon US Corp Photos

This is the "breakroom" / "kitchen" at axon.
Axon US Corp Entrance