Ayasdi Reviews

Updated March 12, 2015
15 reviews filtered by
4.5
Gurjeet Singh

1. Best company to work for!!

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time (less than a year)

Pros

First and foremost, it's a company of amazing talent and a fun place to work for. Most of the amazing stuff happens over discussions, meetings and lunch sessions. Every day to work here is an opportunity to learn and progress in your career. Cutting edge technolog. Very rare or none has done any work on TDA this extensively.

Cons

None I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep rocking!

Fortunate to Work for Ayasdi

I have been working at Ayasdi part-time

Pros

What I love about working at Ayasdi is one, my Manager, second, the open, collaborative environment, third the accessibility and openness with the Executives, but most of all, the people. I feel like I really make a difference at work everyday and I can see it. My Manager allows me the autonomy and freedom to do my work and I feel like he trusts me. My team is also great and we all get along well!

Cons

As with any start up you wear many different hats and resources can minimal. However, I like the challenge of wearing many different hats as it helps me develop different skill sets and everyday is different (I like the variety).

Great experience

Former Employee - Sales in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Ayasdi full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed over two and a half years at Ayasdi, working in various roles such as recruiting, marketing, and sales. It was an incredible experience, and one that I would recommend to any young, motivated, and driven professional. The founding team is transparent and consistently available for conversation or assistance, as they are (in the office everyday.

Cons

Only one ping pong table that sometimes gets crowded.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job and good luck!

Great company to work for

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time (less than a year)

Pros

From the start, I could tell that this is a company that cares about their employees. The benefits package is amazing and there is a great balance between work and life. Seeing Ayasdi make meaningful changes is another motivating factor to stay.

Cons

Opportunities for internal advancement aren't set in stone due to the size of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

An incredible place to work and an even better team to be a part of

Current Employee - Management in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The rollercoaster that is expected in the startup world can be difficult to understand for some; all young companies have one thing in common: to be successful, the only constant is change, so expect it. The secret to that change is that it is made responsibly, for the positive advancement of the organization as a whole, each team as well as the individual employees...and this attitude and grasp of this secret is present at Ayasdi.

Ayasdi is an incredible place to work with an environment that is constantly growing and maturing. The organizational leadership is responsible, aware & recognizes top performing team members. Ayasdi is diving ever deeper into a new space of data insight that no one has ever been aware of let alone been able to successfully/effectively dive into. Because of breaking into a new frontier, the excitement, buzz and joy that is shared Ayasdi is contagious and grows with every new member that's added.

Cons

There are no consistent Cons that I've experienced.... Everyone & every company will make mistakes - this organization learns from it's own as well as the mistakes of other companies and makes considerable effort to not repeat them & learn from them.

Employee Ayasdi Review

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Ayasdi for over a year and a half and would highly recommend working here! Excellent benefits, free lunch catered in, snacks, ping-pong, fun social events, positive atmosphere, very friendly people and Leadership. I feel lucky to be able to contribute to Ayasdi and everything this Company stands for.

Cons

No cons to list. Very satisfied.

Best Place I have worked in my career!!

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time

Pros

I have worked at three other large companies in my career and for the first time I feel at home here at Ayasdi. Everyone is very welcoming. It is nice to get up every morning and look forward to coming into work. Also, it is great to work with some of the smartest and nicest people that are constantly challenging each other. We are all working toward the same goal in solving some of the worlds biggest problems which is very empowering!!

My manager consistently checks in with me to see where I want to take my career. I feel that I have a ability to grow and he will ensure that I will accomplish my goals.

There is a lot of flexibility with your hours if you just get your job done and produce great results. In the office there is always a ping pong tournament going on or a company meeting with all the food and drink you can ask for! There is catered gourmet lunch every Tuesday -Thursday.

Cons

Maybe 5 more varieties of cereal on top of the 4 we already have?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I see great things for the future of Ayasdi.

Enthusiastic and Happy Camper.....

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time

Pros

Ayasdi is an incredibly innovative company. The combination of Ayasdi’s game changing technologies and its impact on industry leading clients makes coming to work everyday a joy. Most firms would be satisfied to rest on those laurels. At Ayasdi, the founders and the recruiting team have also managed to build a team of like minded passionate and incredibly sharp individuals. After more than a decade at my previous firm I considered my small family, I am enthusiastically enjoying the work I do here and the team I work alongside.

Cons

Could stand to lose a few pounds from the all perk lunches & snacks & happy hour

10. Great company with a strong future

I have been working at Ayasdi full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone at Ayasdi is passionate about the growth and potential of our product. The management team is outstanding and I have so much faith in the future of the company. I look forward to coming to work everyday (even with a commute from San Francisco to Menlo Park!), which is not how I felt at previous companies I worked for.

Of course I can’t forget about the catered lunches (Tues-Thurs), breakfast food, ping pong, casual dress and every type of chocolate candy you can ask for!

Cons

Every startup will have its growing pains but that’s what makes it fun, challenging and rewarding.

11. CAUTION

I worked at Ayasdi full-time

Pros

From a technology perspective, they have some of the smartest people I've ever worked with.

Cons

Highly political culture which is becoming toxic. The market value of the technology is unclear.

Advice to Management

Hubris and politics are killing Ayasdi's potential. Make the difficult changes now before it's too late.