Ayres Hotels Reviews

4.2
James Roos

1. Great Famiy to work with

I have been working at Ayres Hotels full-time

Pros

The family is genuinely concerned about their employees. The family leads by example. Great benefits.

Cons

There can be a lot of politics. Some people are in high level positions just because they've worked there a long time. They may be lacking the skills that would normally be found in management.

Advice to Management

Consider getting professional advice about all legal issues. Don't take people's word for things. Just because they've worked there a long time doesn't mean they know what they're doing. In fact, it may be the opposite. Since they have no experience working on the outside their skills may be limited.

2. I would work here again

Pros

The aesthetic to this hotel is quite beautiful, coworkers are very friendly, and worked well with my schedule (I had another job at the time) overall it was a great learning experience

Cons

Management is watching you the whole time, to the point where it feels like you're on an episode of big brother

Advice to Management

Be more relatable! it won't kill you to crack a smile for once in your life

Excellent Company!

I have been working at Ayres Hotels full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ayres Hotels is an excellent company to work for in terms of learning, growth and a true hands on experience. You'll be able to work in and learn about different departments and help out where needed within the hotel.

Cons

Although there is great growth at the hotel level in terms of learning opportunities, there are not too many upper management positions available (mainly because it is a smaller company of 22 hotels and many people stay for a long time - which is good!).

Advice to Management

Consider expanding into more locations that include major cities/metropolitan areas. The hotel product is excellent and would be well received.

5. Good company if you like comfort.

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent

I have been working at Ayres Hotels part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family owned so lots of benefits, tight knit community. Lots of good values, the customer/guest is always a priority. The staff, despite your position, works together to get the job done to make our guests happy. I work front desk but on occasion have done housekeeping work and fold towels regularly for laundry.

Cons

Same as the pros. Sometimes gossip, such limited staff that there isn't flexibility with schedule. There are a lot of interesting people to meet at the job. So many different kinds of people come in, but at the same time, there is no excitement. A lot of the job is waiting around for something to do.

Advice to Management

Permit more flexibility with schedules, be less biased with it.

6. Good for a start....

Pros

A very welcoming company where the owners really make an effort to get to know their employees.

Cons

Lower salaries with a lack of advancement opportunity.

Advice to Management

Spend money on marketing. For the love of God.

7. Love it

I have been working at Ayres Hotels part-time

Pros

Great managers and wonderful people

Cons

there are no cons with this company.

8. Great Company to work if you want to get into the Hospitality Industry

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent

I worked at Ayres Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros – Great employee rate on hotel rooms. Learn about customer service. Great team environment and plenty of opportunity to learn more about the industry. Gave me my start in the Hotel industry.

Cons

Con- I had my review and scored very high and all I got was a good job. The company is great but very cheap when it comes to raises and growth potential. Advancement is difficult because it such a small company.

Advice to Management

More opportunities for staff to advance and benefits of working in this company.

9. Good Company

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Seal Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Seal Beach, CA

I worked at Ayres Hotels part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employee rate on hotel rooms. Learn about customer service. Great team environment and plenty of opportunity to grow within company.

Cons

Hotels are only in Southern California Get yelled at for things out of your hands.

10. Great place to start gaining experience

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Ayres Hotels part-time

Pros

Very family oriented Free breakfast Easy to promote/sell because of the amenities, location of the hotel and great rates Promote from within (but not a lot of positions available to be promoted into...) Senior Management (Family Owners) do a real good job at remembering your name and will make an effort to greet you every time they visit the property so make sure you maintain a good reputation!

Cons

There was a very long period of time where supposedly no one got raises and there was a "freeze". I had my review and scored very high and all I got was a good job. I did not feel appreciated whatsoever. The company is great but very cheap when it comes to money. They are often understaffed so when you would call in sick or wanted a day off, it was really hard

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to your employees, have "Employee of the Month" (or of the Year) awards -- not only for certain departments, ALL departments. Give bonuses to front desk agents as they are usually the first in line to take the hit when angry guests approach them.

11. Great Job

Former Employee - Front Desk Attendant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Attendant in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

The staff was extremely friendly and instantly welcomed me into their family. Management was very approachable and very good about keeping you up to date about changes and congratulating you on accomplishments

Cons

As a starting position in the Phone Operation area, slow hours would go by verrry slowly if you had completed all of your tasks.

Advice to Management

Make sure that employees know everything there is to know about reservations and checking people in. I needed more practice checkign people in before actually handling guests.

RSS Feed </> Embed