B-Line Medical

B-Line Medical Reviews

Updated Apr 25, 2014

Not yet rated.

David Ramsay

GREAT PLACE IN THE CITY!!!

Washington, DC

ProsA growing company, a diverse group of employees
    Great location in downtown DC
    Amazing culture beneficial to employees

ConsOwners can be a bit unreasonable

Above-average working environment, below-average employer

(Former Employee)

Pros- "Relaxed" environment (non-traditional work culture)
    - Flex schedule (option to work from home- depending on your department)
    - Culturally diverse
    - Interesting products
    - Hiring/interview process (equal opportunity)

Cons- Poor compensation (pocket-change "raises", trade off for decent benefits and good team events)
    - Bad management (narrow minded executive leaders, sets unrealistic goals, and unprofessional HR)
    - No career advancement (there is literally no room for growth in the company because they have maxed out building space, products, positions and roles)
    - Talent retention issues (they have lost their top performing employers)
    - Divided departments (egotistical team members and lack of communication)
    - No accountability (yes, issues are addressed, but never resolved)
    - Misleading (empty promises to internal employees and customers)
    - Lacks professionalism (hard to take the job and managers serious, and immature environment- this isn't high school)
    - Lack of training (you will learn a lot because you're left to train yourself, training = watching a video for the first couple months)
    - Conflict of interest bleeds into work environment

Advice to Senior Management- Stop hiding behind your "non-traditional" work culture, you are not Google
    - Replace executive team members
    - Provide better compensation
    - Uphold some ethical standards
    - Respect your peers and their ideas
    - Prevent careless disclosures to employees

Wonderful employer, great work, great opportunities

Washington, DC

ProsB-Line Medical provides a wonderful small-company environment with many opportunities for personal growth and career advancement. Each team has a great dynamic that works well and provides for an excellent working environment.

The company provides several programs for increasing job related knowledge and skills including regularly scheduled technology discussions, in-depth internal presentations, cross-training amongst various teams, and participation in outside training. Ingenuity is recognized and appreciated and team members are given regular opportunities to show off their work to the rest of their team and to the company.

There are ample opportunities for advancement. Almost half of current employees have received promotions within the past two years and almost all current managers were promoted from within.

ConsB-Line Medical is a small company with a limited set of strict policies and some required flexibility from employees in relation to job duties. If you like a large company with very strict guidelines and a narrowly focused job description, then this is not a good place for you. If you want to perform average work and hide amongst the crowd, then this is also not a good place for you.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

where good people meet bad management and an egotistical leader.

Washington, DC

ProsGreat People. Most of the employees are great, a few great manages. (very few, like 1 or 2)

ConsPoor Compensation
    Lack of fairness in workplace.
    B-Line Medical has departments with directors/heads and no actual personell.
    The numbers don't quite match up. Company says it never turns a profit but some how I don't buy it.
    It just sucks at times to see some employees receive preferential treatment.
    Operational diaster waiting to happen

Advice to Senior Managementshow and prove

There really wasn't much direction or training when I joined the team.

(Former Employee)

ProsI got to learn some things that weren't defined within the scope of my job.

ConsWhen I joined I felt lost. There wasn't much direction or training and they kind of expected me to know what to do. Granted I think this would be ok had I been in the field, but because I was relatively new to the field I expected a bit of some guidance to help me grow. One of the cons of working at a small company is if the company doesn't grow, neither does your career and right now the growth of the company seems stagnant.

Worked for B-Line Medical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at B-Line Medical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for B-Line Medical CEO David Ramsay . All 5 reviews posted anonymously by B-Line Medical employees.