Not yet rated.
Pros – A growing company, a diverse group of employees
Great location in downtown DC
Amazing culture beneficial to employees
Cons – Owners can be a bit unreasonable
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
2 people found this helpful
Pros – - "Relaxed" environment (non-traditional work culture)
- Flex schedule (option to work from home- depending on your department)
- Culturally diverse
- Interesting products
- Hiring/interview process (equal opportunity)
Cons – - Poor compensation (pocket-change "raises", trade off for decent benefits and good team events)
- Bad management (narrow minded executive leaders, sets unrealistic goals, and unprofessional HR)
- No career advancement (there is literally no room for growth in the company because they have maxed out building space, products, positions and roles)
- Talent retention issues (they have lost their top performing employers)
- Divided departments (egotistical team members and lack of communication)
- No accountability (yes, issues are addressed, but never resolved)
- Misleading (empty promises to internal employees and customers)
- Lacks professionalism (hard to take the job and managers serious, and immature environment- this isn't high school)
- Lack of training (you will learn a lot because you're left to train yourself, training = watching a video for the first couple months)
- Conflict of interest bleeds into work environment
Advice to Senior Management – - Stop hiding behind your "non-traditional" work culture, you are not Google
- Replace executive team members
- Provide better compensation
- Uphold some ethical standards
- Respect your peers and their ideas
- Prevent careless disclosures to employees
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company
Pros – B-Line Medical provides a wonderful small-company environment with many opportunities for personal growth and career advancement. Each team has a great dynamic that works well and provides for an excellent working environment.
The company provides several programs for increasing job related knowledge and skills including regularly scheduled technology discussions, in-depth internal presentations, cross-training amongst various teams, and participation in outside training. Ingenuity is recognized and appreciated and team members are given regular opportunities to show off their work to the rest of their team and to the company.
There are ample opportunities for advancement. Almost half of current employees have received promotions within the past two years and almost all current managers were promoted from within.
Cons – B-Line Medical is a small company with a limited set of strict policies and some required flexibility from employees in relation to job duties. If you like a large company with very strict guidelines and a narrowly focused job description, then this is not a good place for you. If you want to perform average work and hide amongst the crowd, then this is also not a good place for you.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
3 people found this helpful
Pros – Great People. Most of the employees are great, a few great manages. (very few, like 1 or 2)
Cons – Poor Compensation
Lack of fairness in workplace.
B-Line Medical has departments with directors/heads and no actual personell.
The numbers don't quite match up. Company says it never turns a profit but some how I don't buy it.
It just sucks at times to see some employees receive preferential treatment.
Operational diaster waiting to happen
Advice to Senior Management – show and prove
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
3 people found this helpful
Pros – I got to learn some things that weren't defined within the scope of my job.
Cons – When I joined I felt lost. There wasn't much direction or training and they kind of expected me to know what to do. Granted I think this would be ok had I been in the field, but because I was relatively new to the field I expected a bit of some guidance to help me grow. One of the cons of working at a small company is if the company doesn't grow, neither does your career and right now the growth of the company seems stagnant.
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –