B-Line

The company is closing - No longer matters

Current Employee - Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at B-Line

Pros

I learned a great deal in this position that will help me as I move to another job. I was hired in with less skill than the position required and learned on the job. I appreciated the opportunity to grow.

Cons

The company started out with a good work life balance. With the shift in the economy, there were lay offs but the work load continued to increase. Those of us left behind picked up the slack and some the work load went over the top for a while.

It would be helpful to encourage more collaboration and discourage heroes. When one person holds on to all the knowledge, it makes it hard to pick up their job when they leave.

Best of intentions, however entirely useless in the face of ownership who's just buying time for a sale.

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at B-Line

Pros

Small company atmosphere, everyone knows each other very well, very personable. Technology stable and development projects for the most part directly focussed on improving customer experience. Noted in the industry as having the best customer service.

Cons

Owned by a private equity fund who's goal is the least cost and the quickest sale. Company has gone through three rounds of layoffs - including the executive management team - in 24 months. A culture of bullying that has survived three executive changes. Short term focus putting a damper on growth initiatives.

Nothing to say, the ownership goals are being acted upon.

It was a great experience and wish it continued

I worked at B-Line

Pros

Work life balance, people, sharing, management, fun, challenging, interesting projects, management backing, hours, were all great and good reasons to be at B-Line

Cons

Salary was not up to par, wasn't a lot of opportunities for training, communication to employees was sometimes lacking expediency

It was a great experience working at B-Line. I wish it could have continued. I wish the best for everyone involved

Was fine while it lasted

I have been working at B-Line

Pros

the people at B-Line are great.

Cons

the company is being dissolved

good luck