B.R. Guest

B.R. Guest Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Hanson

Disorganized, inflexible, and sad place to work. Save your mental, and physical health.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at B.R. Guest full-time for more than a year

ProsGym membership for being in operations and corp. Raises for brown nosing. Dining allowance. High turnover leaves room for growth. Lots of training in the operations side of the company.

ConsHR Department is unhelpful, and often sweeps issues under the rug. Consequenses for actions are not consistent, and the company picks and chooses what it wants to do with different employees. Upper managment is not receptive to change. High turnover leaves a lot of gaps open and forces people to overwork. Employee morale is very low in corperate and in operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest, nuture and listen to new talent instead of employees who are overpaid and have been there for years. Looking at things from a set of new eyes WILL change your company. Stop treating those who care about the company and want to grow, like trash. Lastly,

Horrible

Manager (Former Employee)
Atlantic City, NJ

I worked at B.R. Guest full-time for less than a year

ProsSome of their ideas are good and their service points are important ones to know and follow. They've done a great job focusing on what can make them stand out and be better than the rest.

ConsWhere do I begin? Just a toxic environment. Way too many people in charge, many of them in useless positions. Its very odd to see a popular restaurant have a high turnover in management. Most of the upper management seemed like they've never even worked in a restaurant. Some in upper management were also extremely awkward when it came to talking to people, not a good personality trait for someone dealing with the public.

The restaurant I worked in had no GM for almost a year, we (the managers) all had to work a lot harder and take on the duties of a GM, to which we got little to no thanks and obviously no more pay. We were told they "just hadn't been able to find the right person for the job" after interviewed many people with years of experience, some over 20 years. Turns out the truth was they hadn't been able to find anyone because they were offering them very low pay and nobody with any experience would take their low offer. A bonus was given to all their restaurants GM's during christmas, since we didn't have a GM (still) but were all doing the job one, we got nothing and were given an explanation of "oh well" We suggested the right thing would be to split that bonus the was in the budget to us since we we had been doing the job of a GM. BR Guest said no. This lead to two managers leaving

They also favor certain restaurants they have above others, I know this because I worked for the one that they felt "Wasn't their true image" meaning high end. We weren't high end but out of their 3 restaurants in the casino, we always had the highest sales and best feedback.

The owner even promised if we were able to break a sales record on an upcoming saturday all management would be rewarded with money. That record was broken two weeks later and the owner never mentioned that reward again. I guess he thought it would be joke if we could break a sales record.

I left there almost a year ago and none of the other managers I worked with are still there, they all left due to low pay and poor treatment. RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together and lean that just because you think something is the right way, its not the only way. Focus on the actual guests, that seemed to not be important when I worked for them. They were more focused on making sure we memorized their BR Guest handbook to read one of 30 points each day on conference calls and making sure we CC'D the right people on e-mails.

Worked for B.R. Guest? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at B.R. Guest reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for B.R. Guest CEO Steve Hanson. All reviews posted anonymously by B.R. Guest employees.