B&R Stores

Pat Raybould

Great experience!

Assistant Store Director (Current Employee) Council Bluffs, IA

ProsGood Pay... Good People ...Opportunities

ConsSame things as any other job.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

ok

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lincoln, NE

ProsParent store seems to see the problem and are trying to improve conditions

ConsTraining is not good. You are mentored for two days then told you are on your own. You basically learn through mistakes. And hopefully not too big of mistake

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent with employees.

Overall, I would say that my experience at Super Saver went from good to 'I need a new job fast.'

Cashier, Produce Clerk, Deli Clerk (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsProbably the best reason to work at Super saver would be to get minor experience in fields such as meats, produce, baking, and customer service.

ConsThe management of the store is very lack luster when it comes to working with the employees. They do not work very well with the employees and have not been giving hours required to make a living, ie. I went from 40 hours to 8 hours in one week.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best piece of advice I would give the management is to actually listen to the employees at the store.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

B&R Stores

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to meet new people in different departments. You will be trained to do new things. You will also get a paycheck every 2 weeks.

ConsPay is lower than Hy Vee, which is their competitor. Stores are almost always understaffed, so that makes it very hard. Management is rather snobbish too.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company really emphasizes customer service, but they don't treat their employees as well. Sure, customers provide our paycheck, but without us employees, the customers couldn't get food. So it goes both ways. At this company they like to use the phrase "valued customer" quite a lot but never once did I hear them say "valued employee". Basically I recommend that if a person wants grocery experience, that they try Hy Vee and not B&R.

Worked for B&R Stores? Contribute to the Community!