BAE Systems UK

www.baesystems.com

BAE Systems UK Reviews in San Diego, CA

BAE Systems UK – Vista – “2065 Thibodo Rd”

BAE Systems UK CEO and Board Member Ian King

Ian King

Pros
  • The happiest people I know at BAE mainly want variety and work life balance(in 16 reviews)

• Lots of interesting work available if you are on the right project(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • They are a large company and sometimes it feels as if you are a number and not a person(in 6 reviews)

• Very political at senior management level(in 6 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

As far as contractor go, pretty decent

Forensic Analyst (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsLarge company with good track record (mostly) and they offer good benefits. Local office is very helpful and treats employees well.

ConsThey are a large company and sometimes it feels as if you are a number and not a person. As contractors, stressful when it is time for contract renegotiation.

Advice to Senior ManagementDirect supervisor- I appreciate your hard work and consistent efforts.
    Upper management- remember that ALL employees are people and deserve respect.

It pays to negotiate hard.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsDecent benefits, telecommuting opportunities exist.

ConsSeems we're always having budget problems, so training and development are the first things to get cut. Raises and promotions are handled in a mysterious, mystical fashion; no apparent rhyme or reason; guidelines differ depending on who you talk to. All employees (based on your department) are not treated equal. Senior management is very Command & Control oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementCutting cost by slashing budget is much less effective in the long term than you think. Eliminating waste within our company (waiting, defects, etc.) is the better way to go. And yes, there is waste in everything we do.

Typical boring defense job

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsWe work on a 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off)
    You can live by the beach and not have a terrible commute.
    some pretty smart engineers.
    a decent number of young, social engineers

Consboring projects. Unless you really LOVE working on an image library, your pretty much can't find a job that doesn't involve this in some way. Most management is ridiculously incompetent, including senior level. IRAD's are fairly well run however. It is very easy to get pigeon-holed and there is little room for advancement. Pretty much every software engineer that works here, hates their job, and employee morale is pretty low.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your Engineers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work for people with a side home business or family

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsPeople. Everyone at BAE SYSTEMS is very nice to work with, and cooperates together very well. Teamwork is great here. Also 9/80 schedule is awesome! Managers are very understanding with balance of work & family/life, so they're very flexible. Also you can buy 40 hours of PTO at the beginning of every year, so that you can take more vacations as necessary.

ConsPay is not the greatest, especially when compared with commercial companies, but it's reasonable. Hard to climb up if you are not Caucasian male with lots of seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive promotions and raises based on merit, and listen to innovative employees.

Worked for BAE Systems UK? Contribute to the Community!