BAE Systems UK

www.baesystems.com

BAE Systems UK Reviews in Washington, DC

BAE Systems UK – Vista – “2065 Thibodo Rd”

BAE Systems UK CEO and Board Member Ian King

Ian King

Pros
  • The happiest people I know at BAE mainly want variety and work life balance(in 16 reviews)

• Lots of interesting work available if you are on the right project(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • They are a large company and sometimes it feels as if you are a number and not a person(in 6 reviews)

• Very political at senior management level(in 6 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Professional Organization, always keeps commitments to employees, customers, and suppliers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsOutstanding Customer Relationships
    Program Teams rewarded appropriately
    Concerned and Caring Leadership that knows how to make appropriate and logical decisions in a timely manner.

ConsThe corporate reputation within BAE Systems is not as renowned as Customer Relationships would suggest.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in the Civil side of the house.

Can't describe it.

Systems Engineer III (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsBAE is a pretty big company and though my position was boring and probably had little promotion potential, I doubt the entire company is that way. I enjoyed the trips to Cape Canaveral, but that was about it.

ConsMy job in particular was boring, had little to do with my career, or any future job, and thus the "skills" I learned while working there were pretty useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can't remember all the senior manager's names, but their big mistake was announcing a RIF, and not being specific about who it would effect. I got on the phone with some connections and was out of there pronto even though it turns out no engineers would be laid off. Oh well, better they waste their money training a new employee than I waste my time in the unemployment line.

Overall satisfaction to be found within the BAE Systems team.

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsFlexibility in work and vacation scheduling. Senior management honestly care about employee needs. Employees given the freedom to complete tasks with little oversight. Nearly limitless opportunity for transfer if the current job is getting a little stale. In-house training opportunities are diverse and easy to get enrolled in. Out sourced training opportunity is well funded and almost all requests for training, if in line with current responsibilities, are approved.

ConsMid-level management needs more guidance and direction in how to take care of people. Senior management is sometimes difficult to contact if necessary. Organizational divides can be difficult to work around at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementDirector level managers need to spend more time with program/project level managers mentoring, and helping mid-level managers to understand and realize opportunities for growth.

Worked for BAE Systems UK? Contribute to the Community!