BAE Systems USA Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

3.3

BAE Systems USA President & CEO Jerry DeMuro
Jerry DeMuro

Pros
  • The 9/80 work schedule which gives employees every other Friday off is a great benefit (in 41 reviews)

• Most projects you'll have a good work life balance, no forced overtime (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Some instability in upper management; I had 3 managers over the duration of about two years (in 35 reviews)

• no middle management, upper management out of touch, short-sighted policies (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work, good friendly people, little internal advancement

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, little managment supervision, many job functions to move around, friendly people, offers small bonus like $300 at year end for pretty much everybody.

Cons

Very little advancement or promotion from within, must move out to move ahead.

Different departmentd are too divided and do not integrate well with each other. Everybody seems to protect their own interest and does not cooperate for greater efficiency; thus, resulting in lots of waste in labor, process due to lack of integration, systems engineering and coherence.

my work at BAE was different than any of the log djobs I have had in the past.

Current Employee - Senior Logistics Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Logistics Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

compensation, camaraderie, challenge, location, Weather

Cons

Big, lack of training, no training for travel.

Best place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Director  in  Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Herndon, VA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company drives for results. Sets goals and rewards employees for meeting both individual and company goals. The orientation process was like none I had ever been through. It was that good. You could tell from day one, they care about their employees.

Cons

Based on government contracts. When the government is not spending, it could mean hard times. Also, due to it being so aligned with the government, some employee start working like they are in the government and want rewards based on showing up, not completing goals.

Run teh company a little more like a non-government for profit company. Drive all to achieve the goals.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

System Engineer

I worked at BAE Systems USA

Pros

A good company to work for...team work

Cons

Nothing to complaints. Life balance is ok

Very satisfactory, rewarding and always given room to grow within the company.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Due to the weak economy company was forced to lay off; but its values out weighted this negativity. On the job training for its employees is a very positive along with various company benefits.

Cons

In my opinion there are challenges with any work situation. Challenges give me the opportunity to work harder to overcome any office situation, be it the culture, work-life balance.

In my opinion once the employee works hard to satisfy management, (timeliness, work is on schedule,) the employee should be well compensated.

Took Good Care of People to Retain Good Talent

Former Employee - Electronics Engineer  in  Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Electronics Engineer in Nashua, NH

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It was a very professional environment, my fellow employees were like family, and the benefits were very good. They knew that in order to retain good talent, they had to treat their people well.

Cons

They worked within very high pressure schedules due to the extremely competitive business environment that they were in. The resulting stress levels sometimes got very high.

Get out of your offices more and try to rub elbows with, and listen more to, the worker bees in your business areas. They see obstacles to efficiency that you are insulated from if you stay in your offices.

Overall, a good temporary job

Former Employee - Software Engineer Subcontractor  in  Endicott, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Subcontractor in Endicott, NY

I worked at BAE Systems USA as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good pay for a temp job. Management seems to be quite reasonable. Work is not overly complicated and co-workers were very open to help. Probably would've been able to work longer however had to leave due to personal issues.

Cons

Workload is not consistent so be prepared for crunch time at certain seasons. If your job involves you being at the desk most of the time, I'd advise plenty of exercise outside. Because this is a temporary job you have to pay for your own benefits.

Good place to work while it was open!

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time

Pros

Good place to work for while it was open! Management was good as well as pay!

Cons

The benefits package went down, like the medical and dental insurances.

Big Company, Big Oppurtunity!

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Considerable training, Fantastic co-workers and customers. Upward mobility,

Cons

benefits have plummeted due to company re-alignments and standardization across the different sectors.

First tier company delivering quality products to support the warfighter. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The work is important and everyone knows it. BAE works hard to keep employees engaged and motivated. The complex jobs are very satisfying.

Cons

With the defense budget in flux, there is a prevalent concern about job security. Upward mobility is slow, so you need to settle in for the long term.

Execute, execute, execute.

Worked for BAE Systems USA? Contribute to the Community!