BAE Systems USA

BAE Systems USA Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

BAE Systems USA President & CEO Jerry DeMuro

Jerry DeMuro

Pros
  • The 9/80 work schedule which gives employees every other Friday off is a great benefit(in 41 reviews)

• Most projects you'll have a good work life balance, no forced overtime(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management was not directly engaged with lower levels(in 35 reviews)

• no middle management, upper management out of touch, short-sighted policies(in 20 reviews)

A Most Exciting and Rewarding Place to Work`

Technician (Former Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsTime flies when you are busy and for over 24 years at BAE, I was. Pay was great, benefits good, people with whom I worked simply exceptional

ConsSince it is a business doing primarily defense work, employment hinges on political events and 'changes in the direction' of government fiscal policy, things out of the worker's control.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening. A major shift toward making employees' voices heard is critical to sustained growth and BAE Systems does and should continue to do so.

Great local managers and supervisors. Can't say enough good about those I worked for directly.

Applications Developer (Former Employee)

ProsVery good benefits, good work environment, great people in the local office. Compensation was above average, several of the bonuses were very nice and there's company company stock awarded each year. There's plenty of holiday parties and other events during the year for employees to rub elbows with each other, even though there were more than three projects in the same bulding.

ConsMinimal promotions, technical training, personal growth. Lack of corporate management agreeing with local management on agreements made with employees. Corporate management terminating programs, bonuses, and other benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't continue the one size fits all mentality, it's just not going to work well in the long run for your people. Give the project managers more control over bonuses and program managers control over promotions. Think how much better the employees will do with someone coming to see them, see what they are doing, and know them by name, rather tha being just another number and something to profit from.

Culture varies site to site

Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

Pros-Appropriate Pay
    -Decent Benefits
    -Job security for talented people

Cons-Not a very agile company
    -Talented people have left the company and continue to do so

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and expand into new markets by hiring new top tier people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

BAE

TA Lead (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsVery diverse environment and challenging work.

ConsCurrent processes are not clear, and seem to change quite regularly.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear rules of engagement will be welcomed by our staff

Great company!!

ProsI had a really good experience there. The environment is really professional. Coworkers were really friendly.

ConsI don't have anything negative to say.

good

Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) Beavercreek, OH

Prosthe pay was good for me

Conssome times the hours were long

Advice to Senior Managementmore advisement

Rewarding experience working for a stellar corporate giant and leader in their industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDiverse product lines, divisions, customers and employees.
    Focus on improvement, education, advancement and rewards.

ConsThe only con I noticed is the situation faced by all defense contractors in today's day and age of government cut backs….contracts are becoming more competitive, and companies are unable to give the pay raises they'd like to for some employees working on some contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue educating employees, as you do, about the fantastic core values and the growth and reward opportunities available to them. These are wonderful aspects of working at BAE, and are worth promoting often!

always learning, fast pace, no room for errors.

Assembly/Solder (Former Employee) Fort Wayne, IN

Prosgood money,, I retired after 16 years, getting a pension ...health insurance

Consunion was good but some times hurt the relations between company and employee...........

Advice to Senior Managementrespect the fact that the employees took a a big interest in making their work stations personal to them.
    the company wanted us to not put up family pictures and personalize our work stations...I do understand why...so any person and work anywhere, put it is human nature to "mark your space, make the work you do more like owning it, makes each employee feel like a person not a number.....they should had more cross training also

Great Place to Work

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsFriendly coworkers, management does an excellent job trying to find work for you if your project ends, very flexible work hours, 9/80 pay periods so you get every other Friday off, good benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k), management is actively trying to improve company culture and work environment.

ConsBenefits have been cut several times over the years, the amount of work the company has is dependent on the size of the government's military budget, work can be very slow sometimes, upward mobility is limited - it seems to be based more on years with the company than merit, raises are small

BAE Systems Review

Principal Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsCompensation, Benefits and Management exceptional

ConsTraining should be given more attention.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive harder to keep good employees.

Worked for BAE Systems USA? Contribute to the Community!