BAE Systems USA Reviews

874 reviews filtered by
3.3
BAE Systems USA President & CEO Jerry DeMuro
Jerry DeMuro

Pros
  • The 9/80 work schedule which gives employees every other Friday off is a great benefit (in 45 reviews)

• Most projects you'll have a good work life balance, no forced overtime (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonuses disappeared and are now only for upper management, another incentive gone (in 37 reviews)

• For remote sites, recognition by senior management can also be a challenge (in 21 reviews)

1. Great management, limited mobility for those seeking advanced analytic opportunities

Former Employee - Lead All Source Analyst in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Lead All Source Analyst in Reston, VA

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good management that prioritizes looking out for their staff members. Pay is pretty competitive.

Cons

Intel analyst opportunities became more limited due to government budget cuts. upward mobility came through progressing on the management track vice analytic, which could be good for some people.

Keep taking good care of your people!

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Contracts Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Contracts Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA

Pros

I worked there for over 5 years and only left, because the location has been changed to a design center staffed mainly with engineers. The people, including management, were open, honest and straightforward. I never had any personnel issues and if I did I felt I could seek help from Human Resources and it would be provided without retaliation. Pay was competitive and benefits were good. I made numerous friends there with whom I still keep in close touch.

Cons

Can't think of a thing.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Excellent company to work for.

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay was great. Benefits were excellent. Flexible work hours. All around excellent company to work for.

Cons

There weren't really any cons. Most of the co-workers were great to be around. Occasionally you have a bad one, but that's with any job.

Keep up the good work. Employees happiness is number 1 at this company and that's why so many stay. Just do more evaluations of the team leaders to make sure their team is happy with them.

5. Good company, good culture and decent managers

Former Contractor - IT Manager in Herndon, VA
    Former Contractor - IT Manager in Herndon, VA

I worked at BAE Systems USA as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Nice working environment with trust and respect for others

Cons

Layoffs but they were reasonable and fair

6. Good company

I worked at BAE Systems USA

Pros

The people were nice, helpful and enjoyable to work with. Great benefits. Clean, well kept environment. Reasonably current equipment. Free soda and coffee.

Cons

Biggest con was the lack of IT personnel. My workstation required reimaging and was not functional at all and it would have taken 5 work days to get it complete if I hadn't had my manager step in to escalate.

7. review of BAE Systems USA

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

An excellent employer. One of the very best places I have worked.

Cons

none except layoffs and plant shutdowns.

Please call me back to work.

BAE Systems integrates innovative technologies to mid-life upgrades to air/land/sea platforms. Good company to work for

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

BAE Systems has some innovative technologies and is willing to invest in keeping those technologies relevant. BAE Systems does provide some good technical solutions to military obsolescence. They are making inroads with winning new contracts on some of the latest aircraft commercially.

BAE Systems treated their employees with dignity - even in the midst of layoffs caused by government contract termination.

Cons

Invest more in government relations resources - politics plays a large role in the decision-maker's minds for large government contracts (how many high-tech jobs will come to a given city/state if BAE Systems wins this government contract?).

BAE Systems needs to work on branding and name recognition within the U.S.

Act like a prime aerospace integration company. No, BAE Systems isn't an aerospace OEM in the US; however, there are some opportunities to leverage the company's strengths into large scale integrations for avionic system upgrades given reduced defense budgets and the explosion of remote sensing platforms (drones).

Go beyond building high-quality subsystems, grow to the point where BAE Systems is know for the integration of those subsystems on relevant platforms.

9. Great Company to work for..

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Chance to work with in a big company with opportunities to grow professionally. Great training programs to give you additional skills for move laterally or upward in company. Strong leadership that fosters good working environments.

Cons

Pay is fair at best. Some good employees have left for more pay with a competitor.

I am satisfied with overall pros and cons of company and leadership. Possibly stronger offers and bigger bonuses!

10. Good place to work

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very flexible work schedule. Good senior leadership.

Cons

Lots of reorgs, but if you can easily adjust to change, it is a good place to work

11. Great work to support our military

Former Employee - Systems Analyst II in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst II in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people! Flexible hours (within reason). I had a company laptop, so I could telecommute if necessary. I got to travel for work and be part of a great team

Cons

Government schedules often changed on a dime resulting in a rush to do work or having work that was being scheduled disappear. Not a lot of room to move up.

Offer CAPM study help and push that for newer PM employees. This will help motivate to get PMP.