BAE Systems USA

Updated December 21, 2014
3.2

BAE Systems USA President & CEO Jerry DeMuro
Jerry DeMuro

Pros
  • The 9/80 work schedule which gives employees every other Friday off is a great benefit (in 45 reviews)

• Most projects you'll have a good work life balance, no forced overtime (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonuses disappeared and are now only for upper management, another incentive gone (in 37 reviews)

• For remote sites, recognition by senior management can also be a challenge (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

out of touch

Former Employee - Technical in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Technical in Warren, MI

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

4 0 1 k free parking

Cons

no raise in 4 years a pittance of 50 cents when I did get one. Glowing reviews, cudos, and awards for 50 cents!!

Open your eyes, you paid your employees the least of all companies who did the same work.

Good Ole Boys Place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayport, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayport, FL

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Checks always on time. Was good about getting the tools needed for the job.

Cons

Was not a very woman friendly place to work for the paid by hour employees. Women if you go to work there an stick it out you will move up however it is very hard. People would get hired in with no experience an make more than the people who had been with the company for years an when you report it to ethics be ready they will find a reason to fire you.They say they are a very honest company but are far from it. If you are one of the people they have fired an was told you can come back to work in 1 year, you might as well move on an never plan to return,even if your managers liked your work an no matter how skilled you are. HR will make sure you do not return. Safety is a joke they tell you they are big on safety but it is a front they really don't care if someone gets hurt just if they can get sued for it.

Women need to be taught to do same job as guys an not be treated like maids, if we wanted to be maids there are companies like Molly Maids. Bathrooms for the hourly women need upgraded an vending machines put in for personal items for them. Everyone has friends an favorites but the Good Ole Boy system will make the company fail,pay attention to the employees that have been taking care of your company without them your job is not needed.

Hit or miss

I have been working at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, reasonable work/life balance, and access to many training resources. Can be a great place to work if you land yourself on the right project.

Cons

Advancement opportunities seem low if you're on a contract, as many of the employees are. Quality of management is very hit or miss. Job security for people on contract is low across the whole of the defense industry - demand is cyclical in this line of work.

When the contracts were awarded, work was good. Positions held by people lacking credentials or education background.

Former Employee - Technical Illustrator in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Technical Illustrator in Warren, MI

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with for the most part. OK benefits. Enjoyed the work environment and location.

Cons

Bare minimum compensation for positive reviews and work productivity. Actually was insulting.

Reward your employees. Management seemed to have high praises for quality employees yet rewarded with paltry raises..... Insulting to a point.
    OK benefits but seems more and more are disappearing or the cost is being deducted from the employees earnings.

Great place to work

I worked at BAE Systems USA

Pros

Benefits are very comprehensive. Good people and management; would work for them again.

Cons

Subject to Government funding even though BAE does its very best to keep you employed.

Great company and important work.

Former Employee - Senior Contracts Administrator in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Senior Contracts Administrator in Nashua, NH

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging and interesting work. 9/80 work week.

Cons

Health plan choice became very limited.

Great place to start my career

I have been working at BAE Systems USA

Pros

Learned a great deal here. One of my best experiences.

Cons

Nothing. I had a great time and left on a high note.

A great place to work with a positive outlook and advancement opportunities.

Current Employee - Intern in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Intern in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at BAE Systems USA as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There was great pay and great people to work with. They provide you with all the training you need and care about your development as a professional.

Cons

There were no benefits for interns.

BAE Fort Wayne

Former Employee - Test Engineer I in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Test Engineer I in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent place to work. As long as you got your work done the hours are very flexible. Good management, great coworkers, and great job security. You wont get bored working here.

Cons

Promotions lag behind sister (BAE Endicott) location. Benefits, like many companies, are getting worse by the year.

Keep up the good work

Experience of a Lifetime

Former Employee - Senior Lead Technical Support Analyst in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Lead Technical Support Analyst in Herndon, VA

I worked at BAE Systems USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great experience working with management and surrounding project teams. Very accommodating with time off, lots of training, great and knowledgeable technicians to work with. Strengthened my technical and PM skills.

Cons

Getting some of the teams to work with one another and on the same page. Being laid off was devastating.