BAJA Broadband

Good company

Current Employee - Sales in Hobbs, NM
    Current Employee - Sales in Hobbs, NM

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are great to work with. Everyone supports each other. Our wages are better than most companies in town. Commissions are very good. Leadership is always there to work with you and appreciates you. Company offers valuable services to our customers.

Cons

Our sales targets are hard to reach at times as people are not always home. Need to work in field all types of weather.

Add mobile phone as a service

It could be better

Current Employee - Broadband Technician
    Current Employee - Broadband Technician

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Willing to work with you and your schedule. Its an 8 - 5 job with some overtime with weekends and major holidays off.

Cons

Most of the co-workers are lazy, hard to get any new tools or even any tool at all.

Take care of the ones out in the field they are the ones who are the face of the company

Happy to have a secure job with a well-known company in town

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Alamogordo, NM
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Alamogordo, NM

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Baja is a company that donates and helps the community a lot and that makes me proud. I have lived in Alamogordo for 17 years and been working with Baja for 5. It is fun to work here, even when we are very busy all the time. They have lots of incentives for employees and we do fun stuff but the commissions could be better. I love the people I work with, they are friendly and most of them care a lot about what they do. I know if I do my work well I won't lose my job, what my supervisors expect for me is clear and I like that (unlike the previous job I had with another company in town). If someone is lazy they should leave so other hard-working people can get their job. Overall I like working with Baja although I am nervous about a new company coming in and what's going to happen with my job. I hope not much changes, I would hate to have to look for another job.

Cons

I would like to make a little more money. I feel we should have a few more people in our staff to help on days where we have a lot of work.

I wish the jobs goals were a little lower, sometimes the sales goals are hard to meet and there is pressure. However, I feel management respects us and I like that they share a lot of information with us.

Work hard and you are not overlooked

Current Employee - Technical/Network in Alamogordo, NM
    Current Employee - Technical/Network in Alamogordo, NM

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Career advancement is possible. I have been promoted three times in last four years. Company has been growing rapidly. Bonus program for all employees, not just management. Employees receive free services.

Cons

Wages are just average for area.

Continue to be honest with employees, it shows you care. Giving the employees credit for the company's success has meant a lot to us. It would be nice if some of the middle management received more management training, as some of the former mid-level people were very immature.

Lots of changes over the years. All is good!

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked with this company or its previous owners Charter for many years. The current ownership cares about its customers and employees. It is a good place to work. Salaries are good. Benefits are better now than before. Management group is very supportive.

Cons

None. All the bad attitudes are now former employees, that never cared and were cry babies.

One poster mentioned the company was recently bought and they hope the new owners treat the customers and employees as well as current owners and leadership. I hope so too.

Like the job and the people

Current Employee - Sales in Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Saint George, UT

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for the company for about four years. It is a good place to work. The company is good to its employees. I am a sales person and we are given an hourly rate with a pretty good commission for everything we sell. Corporate management let's us know what is going on and is involved with us. Local management is nice

Cons

We get free services, but we would like the higher internet service

Maybe increase hourly sales wage it is lower than some other businesses

I Like my job and location

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Decent Pay, Company has been good to me and treated me fairly, Paid leave, 401 K, Health Dental And Vision Insurance.

Cons

Commision and Bonus structure is lacking

Poor management, the people are O.K.

Current Employee - Technician in Ruidoso, NM
    Current Employee - Technician in Ruidoso, NM

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free or deeply discounted service.
    They do pay better than most jobs in town.

Cons

They are for sale and everyone acts like it. Don't know if today will be your last day. Company isn't in it for the long haul, takes shortcuts. Bonuses and commission are a joke. Serious complaints aren't taken seriously. Favoritism is obvious and really bad people get promoted.

Take some management classes. Do skip-level meetings and take concerns from employees seriously.

would you like an Apple Pie with that?

Former Employee - Call Center in Alamogordo, NM
    Former Employee - Call Center in Alamogordo, NM

I worked at BAJA Broadband full-time (more than an year)

Pros

discounted cable tv and hsd

Cons

serious favoritism, and it is not to be talked about. yearly wage increase when I was working there was about 11 cents.The staff were told times were tough, the company was about to close, the CEO, he saved us, saved the company, next year would be better, it never was, We never did good, he always had these meeting, and he told everyone how bad we did, over and over.The call center employees were set up in the new building, commissions sales were cut almost down to nothing . these were hard working men and woman who left one job in town to work for Baja BB when hired they were told they would make $$ amounts in commission sales, just to have it taken from them, Management told them "if you sell more, your commissions will be the same" How Rude.

Take Two steps back, look around, you need to see the harm you have caused some hard working people,there were some who had to quit working for you when you did this, some had to move back home with their family because you all but took food out of their children's mouth.you never asked them how these cuts would affect them .to them it said you just did not care.

Pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hobbs, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hobbs, NM

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Wages are good. If you work at Baja you are good at your job. Co-workers support each other. Company cares about employee morale and supports you. Management actually works with you instead of bossing you around. Benefits are good, but could be better. All employees receive service.

Cons

Employees that quit because they are lazy and then complain about the company. Owners recently sold the company. Hope the new owners will be okay.

Some days we could use more staff.