BAJA Broadband

William A. Schuler

Good company

Sales (Current Employee)
    Hobbs, NM

ProsPeople are great to work with. Everyone supports each other. Our wages are better than most companies in town. Commissions are very good. Leadership is always there to work with you and appreciates you. Company offers valuable services to our customers.

ConsOur sales targets are hard to reach at times as people are not always home. Need to work in field all types of weather.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd mobile phone as a service

Like the job and the people

Sales (Current Employee)
    Saint George, UT

ProsI have been working for the company for about four years. It is a good place to work. The company is good to its employees. I am a sales person and we are given an hourly rate with a pretty good commission for everything we sell. Corporate management let's us know what is going on and is involved with us. Local management is nice

ConsWe get free services, but we would like the higher internet service

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe increase hourly sales wage it is lower than some other businesses

Happy to have a secure job with a well-known company in town

Call Center Representative (Current Employee)
    Alamogordo, NM

ProsBaja is a company that donates and helps the community a lot and that makes me proud. I have lived in Alamogordo for 17 years and been working with Baja for 5. It is fun to work here, even when we are very busy all the time. They have lots of incentives for employees and we do fun stuff but the commissions could be better. I love the people I work with, they are friendly and most of them care a lot about what they do. I know if I do my work well I won't lose my job, what my supervisors expect for me is clear and I like that (unlike the previous job I had with another company in town). If someone is lazy they should leave so other hard-working people can get their job. Overall I like working with Baja although I am nervous about a new company coming in and what's going to happen with my job. I hope not much changes, I would hate to have to look for another job.

ConsI would like to make a little more money. I feel we should have a few more people in our staff to help on days where we have a lot of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish the jobs goals were a little lower, sometimes the sales goals are hard to meet and there is pressure. However, I feel management respects us and I like that they share a lot of information with us.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work hard and you are not overlooked

Technical/Network (Current Employee)
    Alamogordo, NM

ProsCareer advancement is possible. I have been promoted three times in last four years. Company has been growing rapidly. Bonus program for all employees, not just management. Employees receive free services.

ConsWages are just average for area.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be honest with employees, it shows you care. Giving the employees credit for the company's success has meant a lot to us. It would be nice if some of the middle management received more management training, as some of the former mid-level people were very immature.

Lots of changes over the years. All is good!

ProsI have worked with this company or its previous owners Charter for many years. The current ownership cares about its customers and employees. It is a good place to work. Salaries are good. Benefits are better now than before. Management group is very supportive.

ConsNone. All the bad attitudes are now former employees, that never cared and were cry babies.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne poster mentioned the company was recently bought and they hope the new owners treat the customers and employees as well as current owners and leadership. I hope so too.

Poor management, the people are O.K.

Technician (Current Employee)
    Ruidoso, NM

ProsFree or deeply discounted service.
    They do pay better than most jobs in town.

ConsThey are for sale and everyone acts like it. Don't know if today will be your last day. Company isn't in it for the long haul, takes shortcuts. Bonuses and commission are a joke. Serious complaints aren't taken seriously. Favoritism is obvious and really bad people get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some management classes. Do skip-level meetings and take concerns from employees seriously.

I Like my job and location

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat Benefits, Decent Pay, Company has been good to me and treated me fairly, Paid leave, 401 K, Health Dental And Vision Insurance.

ConsCommision and Bonus structure is lacking

would you like an Apple Pie with that?

Call Center (Former Employee)
    Alamogordo, NM

Prosdiscounted cable tv and hsd

Consserious favoritism, and it is not to be talked about. yearly wage increase when I was working there was about 11 cents.The staff were told times were tough, the company was about to close, the CEO, he saved us, saved the company, next year would be better, it never was, We never did good, he always had these meeting, and he told everyone how bad we did, over and over.The call center employees were set up in the new building, commissions sales were cut almost down to nothing . these were hard working men and woman who left one job in town to work for Baja BB when hired they were told they would make $$ amounts in commission sales, just to have it taken from them, Management told them "if you sell more, your commissions will be the same" How Rude.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake Two steps back, look around, you need to see the harm you have caused some hard working people,there were some who had to quit working for you when you did this, some had to move back home with their family because you all but took food out of their children's mouth.you never asked them how these cuts would affect them .to them it said you just did not care.

Pretty good place to work

Hobbs, NM

ProsWages are good. If you work at Baja you are good at your job. Co-workers support each other. Company cares about employee morale and supports you. Management actually works with you instead of bossing you around. Benefits are good, but could be better. All employees receive service.

ConsEmployees that quit because they are lazy and then complain about the company. Owners recently sold the company. Hope the new owners will be okay.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome days we could use more staff.

It's like going to college for a job with a real cable company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Hobbs, NM

ProsPay is decent for the area. Free services for employees.

ConsMicromanagement, poor morale, consultant operated, lousy benefits, work/life balance is fully tilted toward work. Nepotism at it's finest. They purchased our cable systems from a real company about a year ago, hoping to fully convert the way we did things (industry standard) to cutting corners and short changing employees and vendors. Laid off half the people and expected more work from everyone else. Hired an entire staff of washed up cable execs, contractors and their children (mostly from Puerto Rico). An absolute double standard exists and turns the stomach of everyone in the operation. They have been known to settle out of court on egregious employment law violations. Terrible people - stay away.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the place and let a real company manage it.

Worked for BAJA Broadband? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BAJA Broadband reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BAJA Broadband CEO William A. Schuler. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by BAJA Broadband employees.