BAJA Broadband Reviews

1. A little disjointed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at BAJA Broadband

Pros

Great benefits, incentives and commission for sales

Cons

Disjointed leadership, every changing rules

Advice to Management

Hire trainers.

2. Overall experience was not bad, but company appeared unstable and customers appeared dissatisfied.

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at BAJA Broadband

Pros

Work life balance is reasonable, typical day is 8:30 to 5 or 9:00 to 5:30. They used to have flex time, this ended.

Cons

No leadership, company was unstable, I though they were going to shut down and let all employee's go everyday.

Advice to Management

Stop making it so obvious that money is the most important thing to the company and employee's are dispensable

3. It could be better

Current Employee - Broadband Technician
    Current Employee - Broadband Technician

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Willing to work with you and your schedule. Its an 8 - 5 job with some overtime with weekends and major holidays off.

Cons

Most of the co-workers are lazy, hard to get any new tools or even any tool at all.

Advice to Management

Take care of the ones out in the field they are the ones who are the face of the company

5. Happy to have a secure job with a well-known company in town

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Alamogordo, NM
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Alamogordo, NM

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Baja is a company that donates and helps the community a lot and that makes me proud. I have lived in Alamogordo for 17 years and been working with Baja for 5. It is fun to work here, even when we are very busy all the time. They have lots of incentives for employees and we do fun stuff but the commissions could be better. I love the people I work with, they are friendly and most of them care a lot about what they do. I know if I do my work well I won't lose my job, what my supervisors expect for me is clear and I like that (unlike the previous job I had with another company in town). If someone is lazy they should leave so other hard-working people can get their job. Overall I like working with Baja although I am nervous about a new company coming in and what's going to happen with my job. I hope not much changes, I would hate to have to look for another job.

Cons

I would like to make a little more money. I feel we should have a few more people in our staff to help on days where we have a lot of work.

Advice to Management

I wish the jobs goals were a little lower, sometimes the sales goals are hard to meet and there is pressure. However, I feel management respects us and I like that they share a lot of information with us.

Poor management, the people are O.K.

Current Employee - Technician in Ruidoso, NM
    Current Employee - Technician in Ruidoso, NM

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free or deeply discounted service. They do pay better than most jobs in town.

Cons

They are for sale and everyone acts like it. Don't know if today will be your last day. Company isn't in it for the long haul, takes shortcuts. Bonuses and commission are a joke. Serious complaints aren't taken seriously. Favoritism is obvious and really bad people get promoted.

Advice to Management

Take some management classes. Do skip-level meetings and take concerns from employees seriously.

I Like my job and location

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Decent Pay, Company has been good to me and treated me fairly, Paid leave, 401 K, Health Dental And Vision Insurance.

Cons

Commision and Bonus structure is lacking

would you like an Apple Pie with that?

Former Employee - Call Center in Alamogordo, NM
    Former Employee - Call Center in Alamogordo, NM

I worked at BAJA Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

discounted cable tv and hsd

Cons

serious favoritism, and it is not to be talked about. yearly wage increase when I was working there was about 11 cents.The staff were told times were tough, the company was about to close, the CEO, he saved us, saved the company, next year would be better, it never was, We never did good, he always had these meeting, and he told everyone how bad we did, over and over.The call center employees were set up in the new building, commissions sales were cut almost down to nothing . these were hard working men and woman who left one job in town to work for Baja BB when hired they were told they would make $$ amounts in commission sales, just to have it taken from them, Management told them "if you sell more, your commissions will be the same" How Rude.

Advice to Management

Take Two steps back, look around, you need to see the harm you have caused some hard working people,there were some who had to quit working for you when you did this, some had to move back home with their family because you all but took food out of their children's mouth.you never asked them how these cuts would affect them .to them it said you just did not care.

Pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hobbs, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hobbs, NM

I have been working at BAJA Broadband full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wages are good. If you work at Baja you are good at your job. Co-workers support each other. Company cares about employee morale and supports you. Management actually works with you instead of bossing you around. Benefits are good, but could be better. All employees receive service.

Cons

Employees that quit because they are lazy and then complain about the company. Owners recently sold the company. Hope the new owners will be okay.

Advice to Management

Some days we could use more staff.

It's like going to college for a job with a real cable company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hobbs, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hobbs, NM

I worked at BAJA Broadband full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is decent for the area. Free services for employees.

Cons

Micromanagement, poor morale, consultant operated, lousy benefits, work/life balance is fully tilted toward work. Nepotism at it's finest. They purchased our cable systems from a real company about a year ago, hoping to fully convert the way we did things (industry standard) to cutting corners and short changing employees and vendors. Laid off half the people and expected more work from everyone else. Hired an entire staff of washed up cable execs, contractors and their children (mostly from Puerto Rico). An absolute double standard exists and turns the stomach of everyone in the operation. They have been known to settle out of court on egregious employment law violations. Terrible people - stay away.

Advice to Management

Sell the place and let a real company manage it.

RSS Feed </> Embed