BANC3 Reviews

1. Time here provided boost for career- Systems Admin

Former Employee - Network and Computer Systems Administrator in Aberdeen, MD
    Former Employee - Network and Computer Systems Administrator in Aberdeen, MD

I worked at BANC3

Pros

Working at Banc3 definitely provided me with a boost to take my career to the next level. Nearly every contractor (Northrup/Lockheed/BAE) knows Banc3 by name and once its on your resume the connections and likelihoods of getting more contracts went up. The hours were also very good and were flexible to fit into my work schedule.

Cons

When I first came to banc3 I felt that perhaps I would have trouble fitting in- while it took some time, I definitely adapted to the quick & hard-work culture here. Sometimes I wish that management would slow down for employees who are having trouble grasping new contracting subjects, etc

Advice to Management

Continue being flexible & adaptive to employees. Also take more input. Let employees have working space as I find that helps make work more effective.

Former Contractor @ Aberdeen

Former Employee - Database Engineer Contractor in Aberdeen, MD
    Former Employee - Database Engineer Contractor in Aberdeen, MD

I worked at BANC3 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compared to the large companies I have worked at, Banc3 is much better in terms of coordinating re: contracts, paperwork and getting the timeline for application/database development much more cleanly. Also entry process was very straightforward as a contractor.

Cons

Long hours are a downside especially because contracts/work are expected to be concluded by the deadline with no exception. OT is given but you have to be on top of you work and agile at all times (especially during the hectic weeks of late August)

Advice to Management

Listen to the workers more- we are on the ground and can provide better, more hands-on input. Also more flexibility should be given in terms of extraneous circumstances and the like. Other than that the management is very receptive and open.

3. Systems Administrator

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Fort Hood, TX

I have been working at BANC3 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hours but not much more

Cons

Will use you then let u go have seen it with a few people here they will go after a contract and last minute hire a bunch of people then will get rid of them or demote position out of nowhere there is no culture here u are either part of the in crowd or just get left out

Advice to Management

Quit hiring good employees and treating them like have no experience or skills

Would recommend this company to anyone

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Fort Hood, TX

I have been working at BANC3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Benefits aren't that great. Could use some improvement. A waiting period for retirement plans.

Great Opportunities to Grasp and Learn

Current Employee - Office Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at BANC3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot this company offers. You have the opportunity to wear many different hats and find what exactly it is you want to do. The people are great and are fast to help you if you need it, especially if it is something you don't understand at first. Once you and the company find what your niche is, that's when the real work begins, because you're in a place where you feel you can put your best effort.

Cons

Overall the company is good. Some things can be worked on, but it's like that with any company. No company is going to have everything you need, but the managers are willing to hear you out and try to make the workplace better.

The worst. Pass this company by.

I have been working at BANC3 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Better than eating out of a garbage can.

Cons

Micro Management, Poor Management, spoiling for a law suit, They don't have your back, but they will use it as a rug.

Banc3 Not a good place to call home

I have been working at BANC3 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None at this time (Perhaps if I worked in NJ I would have opportunity to see the positive aspects of this company)

Cons

Their bottom line is money. The Employee is of very little value. Beware deceit, attempted coercion, threats. Read EVERY Document carefully before signing. DO NOT expect even an annual cost of living increase.

Advice to Management

Place more value on the employee, respect the time and money spent by the employee to gain the education that makes them an asset to the company. Be honest with the people you employ, and remember they are not to be used a pawns and stepping stones to your success.

Growing Pains

I worked at BANC3 full-time

Pros

People, including management, are nice and well intentioned

Cons

- tend to micromanage - infrastructure (e.g. HR) needs work

RSS Feed </> Embed