BASF Corporation Reviews

360 reviews filtered by
3.7
BASF Corporation Chairman & CEO Hans Engel
Hans Engel

Pros
  • Everyone also seems to understand the importance of a good work-life balance (in 30 reviews)

• Employee development, tuition reimbursement, relaxed environment, and other good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Work loads can be difficult to maintain a healthy work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Collaborative, strategic decision making can at times be confusing causing missed opportunities (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great internship experience

Former Intern - Maintenance Engineer in Port Arthur, TX
    Former Intern - Maintenance Engineer in Port Arthur, TX

I worked at BASF Corporation as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. Everyone was willing to help me gain some valuable knowledge as an intern. I felt like I was put on some important projects and allowed to do meaningful work. I had a very positive experience overall.

Cons

No cons to speak of. I had a very positive experience, from workload to coworkers.

2. Overall a positive experience. Great coworkers, good atmosphere and working environment. Make your own hours.

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Southfield, MI

I worked at BASF Corporation

Pros

Unlimited overtime, good overall atmosphere, flexible schedule. Work as much as you wants, as long as you hit 40 hours

Cons

The automotive coatings division was going through a rough period when I started here. The company was still recovering from the market crash in 2008, so there were still layoffs happening and (understandably) disgruntled employees. There was no room for advancement and no chance to get hired on as a direct employee, although this has changed now I think. I was laid off for 3 months, but was hired back.

I would advise a bigger focus on personal and professional growth, comp plans, room for advancement, and weeding out the bad apples.

3. Fantastic Company with experienced and friendly employees who are dedicated to making the company better

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly
    Former Intern - Intern - Hourly

I worked at BASF Corporation as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Safety oriented, empowering and active re-investment to employees and company

Cons

Time-frame of processing, delayed or dragged-out paperwork processes.

More fluidized credential process. Was hard to get access to phone/emails in a timely fashion

5. Opportunity knocks, answer the door.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at BASF Corporation

Pros

The benefits package is excellent. When it was time to plan for college for our son, we used the benefit "college coach" to help us with the process.
    I have worked here 12 years and have traveled all over the world and the United States on projects. great personal and professional development

Cons

Mandatory overtime and at times very high stress levels

6. Good place to work

Former Employee - Intern in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Intern in Detroit, MI

I worked at BASF Corporation

Pros

good firm to work with, The management and the shop floor were very friendly and supportive and provided training when necessary.

Cons

it was quite far from the suburb i stayed in, so in winters to reach the place for work at 7 was little difficult.

7. manager

I worked at BASF Corporation

Pros

Financially Stable company with "Global Presence

Cons

BIG and slow moving. Both a Pro and a Con.

8. Happy to work for a solid company

Current Employee - Export Manager D2D Accountable in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Export Manager D2D Accountable in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at BASF Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn.

Cons

Difficult to advance too much competition within the company

9. Racism, Politics, and Favoritism.

Current Contractor - Logistics in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Logistics in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BASF Corporation as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

This has always been a very reputable company worldwide. The pay is great, furnished uniforms, shoes, and gas mileage pay. Great perks and benefits. Stable and busy, job security. Endless opportunities if you know the right people, apparently.

Cons

Racism and politics run this business. I'm a young openly gay minority. College educated and former veteran, yet have been ridiculed and told to go to back to my home country..constant minority jokes, have been told by management in private about how strongly they feel about the bible and homosexuals. I've reported incidents to human resources and management, yet everything gets swept under the rug. Promotions that I was a candidate for were handed to senior managements' wives and husbands.

You know what is right and wrong.. Act on it. Have morals and hire or promote people based on their qualifications and dedication to this company, not decided on who you will be playing golf or drinking with. You can't stop politics, but you can stop racism.

10. Great Company

Current Employee - Sales in West Mountain, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in West Mountain, UT

I have been working at BASF Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employee focused - Flexible Work Arrangements - Competitive Compensation - Strong Safety Culture - Many added "Perks"

Cons

Too process oriented - often get in their own way as it relates to innovating or being customer-centric (internal and external).

Continue to empower employees with entrepreneurial opportunities. Do a better job of explaining the "Reward You" program.

11. Growing company with emphasis on safety.

Current Employee - Production Tech in Freeport, TX
    Current Employee - Production Tech in Freeport, TX

I have been working at BASF Corporation

Pros

Culture of safety is one of the best. Three years can become senior tech. Clean plant.

Cons

Little incentive after becoming senior tech. Bonuses are okay, not great.

Bonus increases based on block production. Better incentives to keep more experienced employees.