BASIS.ed

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Not just a company, but a movement you'll fall in love with.

ProsThere are few things that make you prouder than saying you work for an educational group with two of the top high schools in the nation. It's also great getting students excited about learning, and helping them find their academic niche. As a teacher, you get a level of autonomy that allows you to teach subject matter you're passionate about. Lastly, the compensation is excellent, and you have room to improve your salary through a merit-based bonus system.

ConsAs with any school, the hours can be grueling--as can be teaching students content that is often well above their initial grade level. But all of that is expected--if you don't love being in the classroom and you're not passionate about education reform, then this isn't the company for you.

Former Tearcher/Administrator

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsThe culture, students, faculty, and staff at the school in which I worked were phenomenal; dedicated, hardworking, great senses of humor.

ConsThe organization is, I think, expanding too quickly at the risk of watering down the reputations of its older schools. Leadership seems disorganized, unconcerned with the impact of its decisions on school-level management and teachers, and almost appears to make promotion decisions arbitrarily.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down and think things through.

Worked for BASIS.ed? Contribute to the Community!