BASIS.ed

4.1

CEO

Good Expierence

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at BASIS.ed part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management was very professional and worked diligently to solve any issues. When an issue was brought up they made sure to solve it as best as possible. There are opportunities for advancement; especially within administration.

Cons

I struggle to list any cons as overall they are one of the most efficient and professional companies I have worked for. If you had a suggestion they would consider everything as they truly wanted to excel in all areas.

Former Tearcher/Administrator

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at BASIS.ed full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture, students, faculty, and staff at the school in which I worked were phenomenal; dedicated, hardworking, great senses of humor.

Cons

The organization is, I think, expanding too quickly at the risk of watering down the reputations of its older schools. Leadership seems disorganized, unconcerned with the impact of its decisions on school-level management and teachers, and almost appears to make promotion decisions arbitrarily.

Slow down and think things through.

Not just a company, but a movement you'll fall in love with.

I have been working at BASIS.ed full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are few things that make you prouder than saying you work for an educational group with two of the top high schools in the nation. It's also great getting students excited about learning, and helping them find their academic niche. As a teacher, you get a level of autonomy that allows you to teach subject matter you're passionate about. Lastly, the compensation is excellent, and you have room to improve your salary through a merit-based bonus system.

Cons

As with any school, the hours can be grueling--as can be teaching students content that is often well above their initial grade level. But all of that is expected--if you don't love being in the classroom and you're not passionate about education reform, then this isn't the company for you.