BAYADA Home Health Care

BAYADA Home Health Care Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Updated Jun 26, 2014

BAYADA Home Health Care President J Mark Baiada

J Mark Baiada

Pros
  • Great coworkers with high morale, awesome patients, company prides itself in compassion, excellence and reliability(in 9 reviews)

• Nice gifts they give office staff instead of giving to field staff(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Didn't treat nurses respectfully unless nurses were a favorite to the office staff(in 16 reviews)

• Little to nothing for the field staff, who actually care for the patients(in 15 reviews)

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

WONDERFUL!!! BEST HOME HEALTH AGENCY I WORKED FOR

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsIt is a definite teamwork environment. Respect, dedication and trust were always expected and returned. Clinical managers were fantastic.

ConsI cannot think of any cons.

BAYADA is a learning experience that can give you skills for success, either at BAYADA or elsewhere

Associate (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsVery good vacation time (15 days / year + multiple holidays + an extra 8 hours every January after a year with BAYADA) ... it definitely starts to add up; good training on how to deal with confrontation and customer service; company tends to promote from within; good generalized management experience that comes with autonomy - develop great management skills in case you finally get tired of low pay and start looking for health care management jobs at a facility; a culture of feedback so you'll improve as a manager/coworker/employee; the company has very high standards for employment and for training, and it makes it the safest home care company around; a hugely growing company that has 22 states + India - while many home care / home health offices have gone under in the area, because BAYADA does keep a strict gross margin, it is rapidly expanding (although, this gross margin makes it impossible to offer field staff competitive pay); YOU CAN BE PROUD TO SAY YOU WORK HARD TO HELP MEDICALLY NEEDY INDIVIDUALS BY SENDING THEM QUALIFIED AND COMPASSIONATE FIELD NURSES/CNAS THAT ALLOW THIS CLIENT TO LIVE AT HOME AROUND THEIR FAMILY AND THE THINGS THEY LOVE

ConsMS DOS payroll system; "sink or swim" way of training new employees which makes employees feel unsupported and they are often taught incorrectly by their peers who don't know any better (also, health care is very complicated and the company often hires people without any health care experience but don't give them the tools to learn about their state requirements - you have to count on directors to eventually correct you after you've done something wrong); low pay for the amount of work you do, especially when the caseload is small (like in the cities outside of Charlotte); expected to hire/fire but don't give you the tools to understand how to do it legally; dealing with many cases with low-paying insurance sources (like Medicaid) create a problem with field employee retention (you are always finding new employees to replace the many that don't stay with BAYADA for long because we have to keep above a certain gross margin that doesn't allow for competitive salaries for field employees); clients, like in all industries, can have utterly unrealistic demands; some coworkers use the culture of feedback as a way to get by with free criticism; many office employees do not feel comfortable bringing office problems to Directors because claims are rarely investigated by higher ups or is rarely fixed (however, offices will actually try hard to fix field employee satisfaction survey complaints); the whole experience is entirely stressful and eventually is not worth the money - a lot of office employees in the area have only been with the company for 1 - 2 years because there is an incredible amount of turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to office employees if they have an issue - sometimes it takes many months for an office to surface but you've had different office employees try to seriously discuss the issue several times; don't take so many days off when you have new untrained office employees;

FYI - Management does a great job of acknowledging their employees' successes - I have never seen someone in a position of authority that tried to take credit for something their team or a team member did and that is refreshing.

Good company

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFlexible schedule, friendly staff, good training program

Consinconsistent staffing, but opportunity to work at other offices to fill in gaps

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Buyer Beware

Client Services Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsField staff are really hard working and salt of earth people. Clinical staff are easy to deal with and work hard for the amount of compensation that they get.

ConsUpper level management is structured like a multi-level marketing company. Management gets compensation based on how much money the office profits. This results in dead end pay for clinical staff. 5 years most nurses have maxed out on pay scale and often quit. People who are directors and divisional directors usually have backgrounds that have nothing to do with Healthcare. Don't expect them to understand anything that has to do with medical conditions, ethics or sound management practices. This company will lure you with big promises and then give you the run around. Company offices seem to be better managed the closer to HQ they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the people who take care of you. There are only so many clinical fish in the pond. Once they all have taken the bait once they will stop biting.

Great staff, bad benefits.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFlexible schedule, not forced to work weekends, focus on one patient per shift, management is very nice.

ConsPay rate is slightly lower, benefits are expensive, 100% 401k matching only afterl you've worked for them for 6 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for raises/promotions, I love the company but will eventually leave bc I feel like I have no room to ever make more money.

Bayada is an excellent company with amazing opportunities for growth.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBeing able to provide care to another human being in need.
    The Bayada Way - the company (its people) has a strong set of core values. These core values are not only stated, but experienced in the field and in the office.
    Amazing people - could not work with nicer people.
    Awesome field staff - RNs, LPNs, Hab techs, and HHAs.
    Entry level start provided me with a solid foundation to grow 4 more levels in 18 years.
    Excellent training- leadership and job-specific- developed and led by a dedicated support office
    First-class, accelerated leadership development program - ALDP.
    Leaders in the home care industry.
    Debt-free, privately held company since 1975.
    Practice specialties such as pediatric, adult skilled and personal care, home health and hospice, and habilitation, each provide opportunities to provide care in your area of expertise and passion.
    Entrepreneurial spirit encourages those with the abilities to expand business and create more and more opportunities for others, and help more and more clients.
    Feedback is encouraged, therefore, I have grown more because of it and I've witnessed a ton of promotions (very few in leadership roles are hired from the outside)
    The high expectations have pushed me to be a better person, personally and professionally.
    Outstanding support offices who help with a lot of the administrative type work, allowing the service offices to focus on connecting with the clients and employees to deliver the care the client needs and wants.
    The offices in each region work closely together to support and help one another daily.
    We work hard, but we play hard too! Just returned from an inspirational and amazing award's weekend where heroes are recognized. It's emotional to watch the work we do daily and its impact.
    Having fun in the office is encouraged. An open "pit" leads to excellent communication among team members, leading to excellent coordination of care.
    Excellent benefits package for a single individual.

ConsExtremely tough work, not for everyone. Not everyone chooses to stay at Bayada, and it's sad when we lose one of our team members because we get so close to each other.
    Can feel under-appreciated at times.
    Turn-over rates due to the demanding nature of our work.
    Family benefits package is expensive.
    Clients need care 24/7, so we are often needed after hours and on weekends to make sure they are taken care of. That can sometimes lead to an imbalance in work and family time and can lead to burn-out. Not everyone, including myself, has the ability to keep that in check.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the opportunity to grow with such a wonderful company. Keep supporting your people and listening to their needs. There is no "easy" job at Bayada. Make sure everyone feels valued, so we can continue to help others.

Company that doesn't value employees or clients

Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

Pros????? Can't think of a single thing ?????

ConsThis company acts as if they are doing their clients a favor by providing sketchy coverage. To this company the nurses are only warm bodies not people and are completely expendable. Top pay isn't competitive in the home health industry NO BENEFITS. I can't fathom how they stay in business???

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are clueless...... No wonder you are always looking for employees when you don't value the ones you have....... You are developing a bad reputation in the home health industry among your former employees........And nurses talk ..........................................

Unprofessional, terrible place to work! ALDP is more than a joke!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFake team building event for new ALDP hires.

ConsBe smart stay away from bayada. Their ALDP program does not work, they discard you at the whim of a very bad leadership structure based in Salisbury for the NC region. The company operates like a pyramid scheme at best. They don't care about their patients only the revenue they generate!

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to school or a training program that focuses on professionalism and treat employees fairly.

Good company

Director (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsPay is decent, but there is a lot of stress

ConsHigh expectations quarter after quarter

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't focus on so many goals at once

Worked for BAYADA Home Health Care? Contribute to the Community!