BAYADA Home Health Care

Updated September 5, 2014
3.2

BAYADA Home Health Care President J Mark Baiada
J Mark Baiada

Pros
  • Great coworkers with high morale, awesome patients, company prides itself in compassion, excellence and reliability (in 9 reviews)

• Nice gifts they give office staff instead of giving to field staff (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Didn't treat nurses respectfully unless nurses were a favorite to the office staff (in 16 reviews)

• Little to nothing for the field staff, who actually care for the patients (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

WONDERFUL!!! BEST HOME HEALTH AGENCY I WORKED FOR

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a definite teamwork environment. Respect, dedication and trust were always expected and returned. Clinical managers were fantastic.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Great place to learn much about Healthcare business processes. Lot of responsibility.

Former Employee - Client Services Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large caseload, lot of responsibility. Ability to market, recruit, hire, progressive discipline, and lead orientation.

Cons

No opportunities for promotion in a specified time period. Many of the managers are over qualified and should be in a Director role. Much of the promotion is based on politics and "lottery" processes.

This company does not offer raises.

Consider placing an associate back in every office in order to help facilitate daily administrative tasks.

Know when to stop admitting patients when staffing pool is low.

Talent Development Plans should have specified dates for goals and promotions. Giving a clearer plan of development will likely help you to reduce the amount of turnover in this company.

Introduce raises to your managers. Working without the opportunity for raises is very discouraging, especially when promotion and other career opportunities are out of reach.

The hours are not guaranteed and the pay could be raised more.

Current Employee - Habilitation Technician  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Habilitation Technician in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with different clients and building a connection with them. Having the flexibility to choose your own schedule and being able to take time off when necessary.

Cons

The compensation could be improved, workers are not paid enough for the amount of work required with certain clients. Also, they should include compensation for the mileage/travel for employees traveling outside of the city they are living in.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I can't get out soon enough

Current Employee - CSM  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - CSM in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll never go thirsty if you learn to drink the Kool-Aid.

Cons

As others have said - STRESS is incredible. There is more and more work put on you... you have to find time to recruit, interview and hire field staff (because they keep track of how many new hires you get through orientation - called NHO), then you give the work to these new people because the company tracks how many employees work their first shift (called NHB) so the established employees leave and you start the cycle again... hire them/work them/lose them because you're working the next group of new hires. Oh and have you gone out to market this week? Did you complete your missed shift reports? Is the filing caught up? Spend half of Tuesday completing field employee payroll. Have you contacted your clients to fill them in on changes to the schedule? Get ready, QA will be here next week... now Operational QA is coming, did you complete the latest satisfaction survey? You're oncall tonight. Staff, staff, staff, cover callouts and you need to get out and market - we need more clients. Its your week to clean the office, you need to focus on recruiting because your "days to hire" isn't meeting the performance standards, staff, staff, staff, cover another callout, . Tons of turnover in the offices because the stress and workload cannot be sustained. My Divisional Director has been to my office three times in almost two years... why should she when we send a report every Monday showing what is coming up and then send another one on Friday "the week in review." I am actively looking for a new opportunity and it cannot come soon enough.

Undercover boss! You have no idea what is going on in the offices. Mark seems to be a sincere guy and I believe he would be shocked at how people are being treated. There is no BAYADA Way going on in my division.

Good company

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, friendly staff, good training program

Cons

inconsistent staffing, but opportunity to work at other offices to fill in gaps

none

Buyer Beware

Former Employee - Client Services Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Field staff are really hard working and salt of earth people. Clinical staff are easy to deal with and work hard for the amount of compensation that they get.

Cons

Upper level management is structured like a multi-level marketing company. Management gets compensation based on how much money the office profits. This results in dead end pay for clinical staff. 5 years most nurses have maxed out on pay scale and often quit. People who are directors and divisional directors usually have backgrounds that have nothing to do with Healthcare. Don't expect them to understand anything that has to do with medical conditions, ethics or sound management practices. This company will lure you with big promises and then give you the run around. Company offices seem to be better managed the closer to HQ they are.

Take care of the people who take care of you. There are only so many clinical fish in the pond. Once they all have taken the bait once they will stop biting.

Great staff, bad benefits.

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, not forced to work weekends, focus on one patient per shift, management is very nice.

Cons

Pay rate is slightly lower, benefits are expensive, 100% 401k matching only afterl you've worked for them for 6 years.

Allow for raises/promotions, I love the company but will eventually leave bc I feel like I have no room to ever make more money.

Bayada is an excellent company with amazing opportunities for growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Being able to provide care to another human being in need.
    The Bayada Way - the company (its people) has a strong set of core values. These core values are not only stated, but experienced in the field and in the office.
    Amazing people - could not work with nicer people.
    Awesome field staff - RNs, LPNs, Hab techs, and HHAs.
    Entry level start provided me with a solid foundation to grow 4 more levels in 18 years.
    Excellent training- leadership and job-specific- developed and led by a dedicated support office
    First-class, accelerated leadership development program - ALDP.
    Leaders in the home care industry.
    Debt-free, privately held company since 1975.
    Practice specialties such as pediatric, adult skilled and personal care, home health and hospice, and habilitation, each provide opportunities to provide care in your area of expertise and passion.
    Entrepreneurial spirit encourages those with the abilities to expand business and create more and more opportunities for others, and help more and more clients.
    Feedback is encouraged, therefore, I have grown more because of it and I've witnessed a ton of promotions (very few in leadership roles are hired from the outside)
    The high expectations have pushed me to be a better person, personally and professionally.
    Outstanding support offices who help with a lot of the administrative type work, allowing the service offices to focus on connecting with the clients and employees to deliver the care the client needs and wants.
    The offices in each region work closely together to support and help one another daily.
    We work hard, but we play hard too! Just returned from an inspirational and amazing award's weekend where heroes are recognized. It's emotional to watch the work we do daily and its impact.
    Having fun in the office is encouraged. An open "pit" leads to excellent communication among team members, leading to excellent coordination of care.
    Excellent benefits package for a single individual.

Cons

Extremely tough work, not for everyone. Not everyone chooses to stay at Bayada, and it's sad when we lose one of our team members because we get so close to each other.
    Can feel under-appreciated at times.
    Turn-over rates due to the demanding nature of our work.
    Family benefits package is expensive.
    Clients need care 24/7, so we are often needed after hours and on weekends to make sure they are taken care of. That can sometimes lead to an imbalance in work and family time and can lead to burn-out. Not everyone, including myself, has the ability to keep that in check.

Thanks for the opportunity to grow with such a wonderful company. Keep supporting your people and listening to their needs. There is no "easy" job at Bayada. Make sure everyone feels valued, so we can continue to help others.

Company that doesn't value employees or clients

Former Employee - Private Duty Nurse  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Private Duty Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

????? Can't think of a single thing ?????

Cons

This company acts as if they are doing their clients a favor by providing sketchy coverage. To this company the nurses are only warm bodies not people and are completely expendable. Top pay isn't competitive in the home health industry NO BENEFITS. I can't fathom how they stay in business???

You guys are clueless...... No wonder you are always looking for employees when you don't value the ones you have....... You are developing a bad reputation in the home health industry among your former employees........And nurses talk ..........................................

Unprofessional, terrible place to work! ALDP is more than a joke!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Fake team building event for new ALDP hires.

Cons

Be smart stay away from bayada. Their ALDP program does not work, they discard you at the whim of a very bad leadership structure based in Salisbury for the NC region. The company operates like a pyramid scheme at best. They don't care about their patients only the revenue they generate!

Return to school or a training program that focuses on professionalism and treat employees fairly.

Worked for BAYADA Home Health Care? Contribute to the Community!