BAYADA Home Health Care Reviews

• Charlotte, NC
2.8
BAYADA Home Health Care President J Mark Baiada
J Mark Baiada

As a new employees I feel supported and valued; wonderful company philosophy that employees truly embrace!

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Respected as a professional, provided with necessary resources and support. Pay is on the low end....

Cons

Good benefits, encourage internal promotions with potential for growth.

need to be more aware of the amount of extra work many in the office are challenged with keeping up with

BAYADA Home Health Care Response

Mar 17, 2015Associate

Hello! Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your experience at BAYADA Home Health Care. You are right about the values and respect that exists at BAYADA. And our dedication is what sets up ... More

Does anyone know what the directors do?

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a CSM or a CM, you do EVERYTHING in the office.

Cons

I've had 4 directors and 3 of them spent almost the entire day texting on their phone or making impromptu Target / Sam's Club shopping trips. Also, anyone with kids is allowed to leave and pick them up and go home for the night. The rest of us have to stay to finish staffing.

Are you blind to what is going on in the offices?!

BAYADA Home Health Care Response

Mar 17, 2015Associate

Hello and thank you for letting us know about your concerns and thank you for everything you do for your clients and caregivers. We encourage you to have an honest conversation with your office to ... More

The company has a good philosophy, has a warm, friendly ambience, but underneath commits the same unethical behaviors as all the others.

Former Employee - Therapist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Therapist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly, warm atmosphere, avenues to be recognized and appreciated. Use a samsung galaxy tablet for doc, which is very convenient and portable. Phone company discounts, offer guarantees.

Cons

Unpaid driving over huge territories, at times an hour between visits. Have to file or complete office tasks if not busy, function as a gopher. No scheduler, visits pop on and off at random. Expect full time availability, no matter what the commitment. Talk as though they are different, but do same unethical things as others, change clinicians orders, give tx that maximizes company profit, not patient well being.

Live up to your philosophy.

Great place to learn much about Healthcare business processes. Lot of responsibility.

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large caseload, lot of responsibility. Ability to market, recruit, hire, progressive discipline, and lead orientation.

Cons

No opportunities for promotion in a specified time period. Many of the managers are over qualified and should be in a Director role. Much of the promotion is based on politics and "lottery" processes.

This company does not offer raises.

Consider placing an associate back in every office in order to help facilitate daily administrative tasks.

Know when to stop admitting patients when staffing pool is low.

Talent Development Plans should have specified dates for goals and promotions. Giving a clearer plan of development will likely help you to reduce the amount of turnover in this company.

Introduce raises to your managers. Working without the opportunity for raises is very discouraging, especially when promotion and other career opportunities are out of reach.

6. The hours are not guaranteed and the pay could be raised more.

Current Employee - Habilitation Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Habilitation Technician in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working with different clients and building a connection with them. Having the flexibility to choose your own schedule and being able to take time off when necessary.

Cons

The compensation could be improved, workers are not paid enough for the amount of work required with certain clients. Also, they should include compensation for the mileage/travel for employees traveling outside of the city they are living in.

I can't get out soon enough

Current Employee - CSM in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - CSM in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You'll never go thirsty if you learn to drink the Kool-Aid.

Cons

As others have said - STRESS is incredible. There is more and more work put on you... you have to find time to recruit, interview and hire field staff (because they keep track of how many new hires you get through orientation - called NHO), then you give the work to these new people because the company tracks how many employees work their first shift (called NHB) so the established employees leave and you start the cycle again... hire them/work them/lose them because you're working the next group of new hires. Oh and have you gone out to market this week? Did you complete your missed shift reports? Is the filing caught up? Spend half of Tuesday completing field employee payroll. Have you contacted your clients to fill them in on changes to the schedule? Get ready, QA will be here next week... now Operational QA is coming, did you complete the latest satisfaction survey? You're oncall tonight. Staff, staff, staff, cover callouts and you need to get out and market - we need more clients. Its your week to clean the office, you need to focus on recruiting because your "days to hire" isn't meeting the performance standards, staff, staff, staff, cover another callout, . Tons of turnover in the offices because the stress and workload cannot be sustained. My Divisional Director has been to my office three times in almost two years... why should she when we send a report every Monday showing what is coming up and then send another one on Friday "the week in review." I am actively looking for a new opportunity and it cannot come soon enough.

Undercover boss! You have no idea what is going on in the offices. Mark seems to be a sincere guy and I believe he would be shocked at how people are being treated. There is no BAYADA Way going on in my division.

8. WONDERFUL!!! BEST HOME HEALTH AGENCY I WORKED FOR

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is a definite teamwork environment. Respect, dedication and trust were always expected and returned. Clinical managers were fantastic.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Good company

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, friendly staff, good training program

Cons

inconsistent staffing, but opportunity to work at other offices to fill in gaps

none

Buyer Beware

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Field staff are really hard working and salt of earth people. Clinical staff are easy to deal with and work hard for the amount of compensation that they get.

Cons

Upper level management is structured like a multi-level marketing company. Management gets compensation based on how much money the office profits. This results in dead end pay for clinical staff. 5 years most nurses have maxed out on pay scale and often quit. People who are directors and divisional directors usually have backgrounds that have nothing to do with Healthcare. Don't expect them to understand anything that has to do with medical conditions, ethics or sound management practices. This company will lure you with big promises and then give you the run around. Company offices seem to be better managed the closer to HQ they are.

Take care of the people who take care of you. There are only so many clinical fish in the pond. Once they all have taken the bait once they will stop biting.

Great staff, bad benefits.

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, not forced to work weekends, focus on one patient per shift, management is very nice.

Cons

Pay rate is slightly lower, benefits are expensive, 100% 401k matching only afterl you've worked for them for 6 years.

Allow for raises/promotions, I love the company but will eventually leave bc I feel like I have no room to ever make more money.

BAYADA Home Health Care Photos