BAYADA Home Health Care

BAYADA Home Health Care Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

BAYADA Home Health Care President J Mark Baiada

J Mark Baiada

Pros:
  • "Nice gifts they give office staff instead of giving to field staff"
    in 10 reviews
  • "While learning the job of a Client Services Manager, we have traveled numerous times to the learning centers in both NJ and NC for various trainings"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "We have an "all hands on deck" mentality and do all that we can to help each other"
    in 8 reviews
  • "bad work life balance if you can't keep up with the pace in the office"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Waste of CNA Licence, Grocery Stores Pay More and Are Safer!

Home Health Aide (Former Employee)
    Greensboro, NC

ProsBetter than nothing while searching for another job, until customers ask you to be their personal assistant at the mall and church

ConsCustomers mainly are people on welfare who take advantage of Medicaid and act like you are their personal slave. I was asked to carry 60+ pounds kids around the house due to lack of equipment in the home. Was also asked to go to church and mall, wherever this woman went basically, and be her personal assistant as her disabled four year old sat in the stroller. I'm pretty sure Medicaid was not designed to help lazy people live like kings and queens on tax payer dollars. Management simply would say, "So what, you're getting paid, right?"

Turnover is high and pay is slightly above minimum wage. Made 50% more as a hospital CNA where I was treated way better and not stuck in homes in the ghetto where the people had no AC in 85 degree heat. If I wasn't overqualified for everything else and struggling like crazy to get a job after graduating from college, I would have never put myself through such a hell. If you have any dignity at all, save it and go elsewhere for work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop running a sweat shop in 21st century America. Respect the taxpayer dollars more and PAY people more for their 4 month certification program and experience than they would make as an entry level cashier at Target. The pay and work requirements are degrading.

Rewarding, but little time left for a personal life.

Client Services Manager (CSM) (Current Employee)

ProsCorporate support is abundant. Lots of recognition for a job well done. Good relationships built with clients and employees.

ConsSignificantly under paid. Over worked. Office dynamics are difficult with little support from management. Often left to "battle it out". Requires by my office to be on call 365 even when another is on call because they aren't familiar with job. Leaves little time for family.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of what is going on in individual offices. Make sure your office management support the Bayada way!!

I did feel like part of the Bayada Family

Client Services Manager (CSM) (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsThe upper management did seem to believe in wanting to provide quality health care. Their nursing QA was crackerjack and they did take nursing competency and compliance very very seriously.

ConsLike everything else, very 'profit margin' driven and our office wasn't equipped to take on Medicaid clients which was ultimately our downfall in what was provided and who could provide it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't abandon the founder's core values despite the temptation to hyperfocus on the bottom line.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok

ProsFlexibility, cases, good pay, management

ConsBad management, bad quality of care,

It is wonderful

Clinical Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood Team work that i had

Consnone that i can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementGood Career Paths

Company does not care about its employees

Licensed Practical Nurse Works 6 Days A Week (Former Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

ProsThere is no positive thing I can say about Bayada

ConsCompany does not care about its employees. Management will not stand by or for the employees of its company. Trainers do a terrible job. Unrealistic expectation on work load, will not provide help. The list goes on and on. Do yourself a favor and work anywhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people and your turnover will go down, moral will go up.

Fulfilling work, very positive company

Director (Current Employee)

ProsProviding the community I live in with excellent Home Health and Hospice care is more than a "job" to me and I feel supported to provide the best care possible. Low bureaucracy in such a large company is a refreshing.

ConsBenefits are rather costly for staff and start after 90 days. But directors can choose to pay sign on bonus for key staff on hire.

I have had a pretty good experience with Bayada Home Health Care.

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
    New Port Richey, FL

ProsPay rate is better then most other agencies. Free CEU's online. Can work for more then 1 office. Weekly pay with direct deposit

ConsNot much work for LPN/RN. Have to work 2000 hrs to qualify for paid vacation based on your average amount of hours worked per week. Sometimes takes several calls to the office to get a call back

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better benefits, improve communication

Great experience, lack of Management support.

CSM (Former Employee)

ProsI like their over all values and how they treat the clients and their families.

ConsThere is no clear definition of what is expected of the CSM. The job description all over the place. It seams that if something needs to be done it becomes the CSM's responsibility. There is never any clear direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a severe lack of training for the CSM/CSA. There is plenty of information on the portal but with everything that is expected to be done in a day there is no time to review the information. If the CSM is a crucial part of the office there should be more invested in their training. Give them the tools to do their job the best they can.

Bayada home health

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
    Towanda, PA

ProsWorking with children and families that need you, flexibility, pay- weekly checks,

Consuse your own vehicle, work isn't always consistently available, communication between office and field is lacking at times

Advice to Senior Managementsend information about case availability and locations out in weekly emails

Worked for BAYADA Home Health Care? Contribute to the Community!

BAYADA Home Health Care Videos

BAYADA Home Health Care – Why Work for Us?

Exceptional care delivered The BAYADA Way Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BAYADA Home Health Care reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BAYADA Home Health Care CEO J Mark Baiada. All 191 reviews posted anonymously by BAYADA Home Health Care employees.