BAYADA Home Health Care

Updated October 12, 2014
3.3

BAYADA Home Health Care President J Mark Baiada
J Mark Baiada

Pros
  • Some of the field staff are some of the hardest working people I have worked with (in 13 reviews)

• The job provides flexibility of schedule and a supportive home office staff (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to nothing for the field staff, who actually care for the patients (in 22 reviews)

• Didn't treat nurses respectfully unless nurses were a favorite to the office staff (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

9 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

A company that strives for quality, except when it comes to your paycheck.

Current Employee - RN Field Nurse in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - RN Field Nurse in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Bayada has a great reputation in the community. I have worked for another home health agency in the area and I am glad that my name is no longer associated with them, even though I took a $2 an hour pay cut. Bayada truly does want to build a business on compassion , excellence, and reliability.

Cons

Lack of pay means that not many of the quality nurses are willing to stick around. I have also encountered a client services manager not giving full time day hours when she could to a person who wanted them and was recommended just because the CM didn't want to have to find someone to fill the night hours. People eventually give up hoping for the hours they are looking for and go elsewhere.

As others have said before they definitely don't walk the walk.

Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The written company values are great....now if they were just practiced.

Cons

Where to begin....I worked for this company for 6 years. I worked in the NC offices. (Greensboro, Asheboro, and Winsoton side of the state) I seen other long term employees leave in very hush, hush kind of ways but thought I was just being paranoid. In the last 2 years I worked there I was given 3 promotions and every year I worked there I received excellent evaluations. Then all of a sudden one of my division director's, director didn't like something I voiced a concern about and that was it. I was the "red headed step child." Within 2 weeks I was terminated. They came up with a "reason" of my paperwork not being properly done." I thought about all those others that were let go before me and realized what a shady group of people we worked for and was then thankful my time with Bayada had passed. My director asked me a question about her personal life and I told her the truth and this happens. (She was sleeping with some of the other married directors...yes I said some) If you have a valued employee who did paperwork incorrectly, you train and educate not terminate. Several employees from this same office were terminated within months of each other. No one thought or didn't care to look at the director for answers. No one thought to ask the employee, "Hey what's going on with all this?"
    And talk about drinking the koolaid...wow,,, this company is all about who likes who and who is related to who. The "Nursing Office" is the the same way. If you're not like them with the same opinions and carrying around your $500 purse you are pushed to the side or ignored.
    I honestly believe that Mark Baiada believes his company is being run using the Bayada Way but in NC it definitely is not. And Awards Weekend??? Please....use that money and pay your field staff more. The trip to NYC cost that company enough to give them a raise. We stayed at the Hilton at Grand Central Station. My director in the Greensboro NC office actually told the office staff not to tell the field staff about Awards weekend. The way I look at it, if you aren't doing anything to be ashamed of then why couldn't we tell anyone?
    The director's are paid an obscene amount of money while the CSMs and CMs do all the office type of work and the field staff is breaking their backs. Maybe one of those big fat bonuses the directors get should be shared with the field staff every once in awhile and quit offering those silly Bayada Bucks. I bet if they cut those bonuses in half those offices could actually pay their employees.
    The NC offices of this company are all about the money. They will make you think that they are not but believe me they are. I worked in some form in A LOT of these offices and they are all alike:
         -Bonuses for the directors every quarter their office is profitable. Division directer definitely get these as well.
         -Gifts for office staff only for beating billing records. (I wonder how they did that without the field staff)
         -Holiday Dinners that are crazy expensive...again for office staff only. With expensive gifts only given to office staff.
         -Awards Weekend ...every year...for office staff only. We are talking all expense paid, open bar, etc.,

UNDERCOVER BOSS....please do this in the NC offices. The directors and division directors are mostly related. Mark and Ann would be floored if they seen half the shady activities occuring in this state.

BAYADA Home Health Care Response

Oct 14, 2014Associate

Dear former employee, Thank you for your feedback. At BAYADA, we want to build and maintain a lasting legacy as the world’s most compassionate and trusted team of home health care professionals and ... More

Not a positive experience

Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, ability set self schedule, the company provides nice incentives to reach sales goals.

Cons

My manager was not very experienced. When I took time off, there was no one to cover my case load. Work life balance was nonexistent. Have seen poor, dishonest business practices to meet the 42% profit margin required. Patients were promised services that were never provided.

Make sure staff is treated with respect & dignity. Also remind managers that good business brings good business. Put patients before profit occasionally.

Waste of CNA Licence, Grocery Stores Pay More and Are Safer!

Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Better than nothing while searching for another job, until customers ask you to be their personal assistant at the mall and church

Cons

Customers mainly are people on welfare who take advantage of Medicaid and act like you are their personal slave. I was asked to carry 60+ pounds kids around the house due to lack of equipment in the home. Was also asked to go to church and mall, wherever this woman went basically, and be her personal assistant as her disabled four year old sat in the stroller. I'm pretty sure Medicaid was not designed to help lazy people live like kings and queens on tax payer dollars. Management simply would say, "So what, you're getting paid, right?"

Turnover is high and pay is slightly above minimum wage. Made 50% more as a hospital CNA where I was treated way better and not stuck in homes in the ghetto where the people had no AC in 85 degree heat. If I wasn't overqualified for everything else and struggling like crazy to get a job after graduating from college, I would have never put myself through such a hell. If you have any dignity at all, save it and go elsewhere for work.

Stop running a sweat shop in 21st century America. Respect the taxpayer dollars more and PAY people more for their 4 month certification program and experience than they would make as an entry level cashier at Target. The pay and work requirements are degrading.

Great company who believes in the mission.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Financially stable company to work for, leads the way in training and supervising clincial staff compared to competitors, provides talent development and room for career growth

Cons

None to speak of at this time

Keep up the great work! I hope to be working for BAYADA for many, many years to come!

The BAYADA Way

Former Employee - CSM in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - CSM in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Nothing I can really think of.

Cons

-The BAYADA Way is a sham. The company is a sham. There are a group of dummies who believe the rhetoric that spills from the cups of the "royalty," AKA Senior Management.

-They dance around every issue. They don't pay the employees fairly. The owner made over $100,000,000 for him and his family, yet they won't provide raises for most staff members on the reasoning of "the economy."

-This company is unscrupulous. There are a lot of really, really bad people here. Stay away.

Watch out, more and more, people are figuring out your lies.

Great office environment, terrible execution of professionalism.

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great resources for employees, both office and field. Great PTO/Sick time accrual rate. Very involved in community.

Cons

Constantly unprofessional field staff. Pay for both field and office staff is on the lower side of compensation. So accommodating to clients it leads to a lack of progress and results.

You reward your staff with objects rather than actual compensation, it leads to a lack of drive to go the extra mile. Also the high standards for staff are fantastic but create a drastic limitation on acceptable staff to please clients.

Great Place to Work for CNA's!

Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have a lot more benefits for CNA's than other home health agencies. You can really tell they know how valuable their work is. They will accommodate your work schedule without making you feel guilty and give you more hours when you need them. This is a great introduction to the world of home care for a new CNA.

Cons

There were no cons here.

It was not the best place to work but not the worst place either.

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

You can make you own schedual

Cons

not alot of communication between upper nursing and CNAs, no benfit at all.

BAYADA Home Health Care Photos