BAYADA Home Health Care Reviews in Greensboro, NC

Updated July 23, 2014

3.2

BAYADA Home Health Care President J Mark Baiada
J Mark Baiada

Pros
  • Great coworkers with high morale, awesome patients, company prides itself in compassion, excellence and reliability (in 9 reviews)

• Nice gifts they give office staff instead of giving to field staff (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Didn't treat nurses respectfully unless nurses were a favorite to the office staff (in 16 reviews)

• Little to nothing for the field staff, who actually care for the patients (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A company that strives for quality, except when it comes to your paycheck.

Current Employee - RN Field Nurse  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - RN Field Nurse in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bayada has a great reputation in the community. I have worked for another home health agency in the area and I am glad that my name is no longer associated with them, even though I took a $2 an hour pay cut. Bayada truly does want to build a business on compassion , excellence, and reliability.

Cons

Lack of pay means that not many of the quality nurses are willing to stick around. I have also encountered a client services manager not giving full time day hours when she could to a person who wanted them and was recommended just because the CM didn't want to have to find someone to fill the night hours. People eventually give up hoping for the hours they are looking for and go elsewhere.

Not a positive experience

Former Employee - Clinical Manager  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Clinical Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Autonomy, ability set self schedule, the company provides nice incentives to reach sales goals.

Cons

My manager was not very experienced. When I took time off, there was no one to cover my case load. Work life balance was nonexistent. Have seen poor, dishonest business practices to meet the 42% profit margin required. Patients were promised services that were never provided.

Make sure staff is treated with respect & dignity. Also remind managers that good business brings good business. Put patients before profit occasionally.

Waste of CNA Licence, Grocery Stores Pay More and Are Safer!

Former Employee - Home Health Aide  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

Better than nothing while searching for another job, until customers ask you to be their personal assistant at the mall and church

Cons

Customers mainly are people on welfare who take advantage of Medicaid and act like you are their personal slave. I was asked to carry 60+ pounds kids around the house due to lack of equipment in the home. Was also asked to go to church and mall, wherever this woman went basically, and be her personal assistant as her disabled four year old sat in the stroller. I'm pretty sure Medicaid was not designed to help lazy people live like kings and queens on tax payer dollars. Management simply would say, "So what, you're getting paid, right?"

Turnover is high and pay is slightly above minimum wage. Made 50% more as a hospital CNA where I was treated way better and not stuck in homes in the ghetto where the people had no AC in 85 degree heat. If I wasn't overqualified for everything else and struggling like crazy to get a job after graduating from college, I would have never put myself through such a hell. If you have any dignity at all, save it and go elsewhere for work.

Stop running a sweat shop in 21st century America. Respect the taxpayer dollars more and PAY people more for their 4 month certification program and experience than they would make as an entry level cashier at Target. The pay and work requirements are degrading.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company who believes in the mission.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Financially stable company to work for, leads the way in training and supervising clincial staff compared to competitors, provides talent development and room for career growth

Cons

None to speak of at this time

Keep up the great work! I hope to be working for BAYADA for many, many years to come!

The BAYADA Way

Former Employee - CSM  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - CSM in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Nothing I can really think of.

Cons

-The BAYADA Way is a sham. The company is a sham. There are a group of dummies who believe the rhetoric that spills from the cups of the "royalty," AKA Senior Management.

-They dance around every issue. They don't pay the employees fairly. The owner made over $100,000,000 for him and his family, yet they won't provide raises for most staff members on the reasoning of "the economy."

-This company is unscrupulous. There are a lot of really, really bad people here. Stay away.

Watch out, more and more, people are figuring out your lies.

Great office environment, terrible execution of professionalism.

Former Employee - Client Services Manager  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great resources for employees, both office and field. Great PTO/Sick time accrual rate. Very involved in community.

Cons

Constantly unprofessional field staff. Pay for both field and office staff is on the lower side of compensation. So accommodating to clients it leads to a lack of progress and results.

You reward your staff with objects rather than actual compensation, it leads to a lack of drive to go the extra mile. Also the high standards for staff are fantastic but create a drastic limitation on acceptable staff to please clients.

Great Place to Work for CNA's!

Former Employee - CNA/HHA  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

They have a lot more benefits for CNA's than other home health agencies. You can really tell they know how valuable their work is. They will accommodate your work schedule without making you feel guilty and give you more hours when you need them. This is a great introduction to the world of home care for a new CNA.

Cons

There were no cons here.

It was not the best place to work but not the worst place either.

Former Employee - CNA/HHA  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Greensboro, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

You can make you own schedual

Cons

not alot of communication between upper nursing and CNAs, no benfit at all.

Worked for BAYADA Home Health Care? Contribute to the Community!