BAYADA Home Health Care

Updated January 27, 2015
3.3

BAYADA Home Health Care President J Mark Baiada
J Mark Baiada

Pros
  • Some of the field staff are some of the hardest working people I have worked with (in 13 reviews)

• The job provides flexibility of schedule and a supportive home office staff (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to nothing for the field staff, who actually care for the patients (in 22 reviews)

• Didn't treat nurses respectfully unless nurses were a favorite to the office staff (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Bayada takes the time to recognize and appreciate what you do. They Care for YOU!

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Newark, DE

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The staff have been wonderful! The company as a whole continues to provide opportunities for continued education programs, recognition during Nurses Week, company outings and events that allow you to involve your family.

Cons

Since you had the option to choose an assignment, it can be what you make it. However, though you can work full-time shifts and OT, it is hard to gain full-time employment and get benefits. I had actually been with Bayada for over 15 years doing shift work followed by supervisory visits and intakes. I worked sometimes 60 + hours per week, but when I needed benefits due to life changes, there were none available to per deim staff. As soon as I accepted a position elsewhere, they opened up a full-time position. I think that they should offer any openings to senior per deim staff before interviewing outside of the company.

Take a look at your hard-working, long-standing, most reliable staff for consideration of full-time openings before looking outside. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing!

Flexible schedule, part-time

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

R.N.works independently, under guidelines of Dr.s orders,be both caring &Professional in home environment. Excellent Orientation, professional supervisors.

Cons

At the time employed, liked the assignments given but not enough hours provided.

Enjoyed one on one care

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

You can choose days hours and locations that you want to work. You only have one client at a time.

Cons

If client becomes hospitalized or dies you don't have a job until you get another client.

Jan 7, 2015Associate

Hello Former Employee, thank you so much for your feedback. We hope to accommodate the schedules of both clients and caregivers, and recognize that one of the greatest advantages of home care is ... More

Bayada values employees

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Bayada believes in the mission of provideng excellent care with compassion, excellence and reliability. The employees are valued.

Cons

Bayada allows you to provide excellent care. The pay may not be a much as a big city hospital but I do not want to work at a big city hospital

Continue to support staff and work hard to keep the pay fair.

Jan 7, 2015Associate

Hello Current Employee! Thank you so much for your kind words, glad to hear that you have found your right fit in home care!

Overworked to point of exhaustion

Current Employee - Client Services Manager
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Great working environment with excellent coworkers, small office feel, supportive director and CEO of company. The philosophy to provide the highest level of care for the patient should be the philosophy of all health care companies. Knowing you have a hand in taking care of ailing people is very rewarding. PTO for office staff starts at 3 weeks vacation time per year and a week of sick leave plus one personal day and 7 paid holidays. Once a year, every single office employee is flown to awards weekend where they are treated to great meals and fun along with a lovely awards banquet.

Cons

Working as a Client Services Manager is a juggling act...like trying to keep 10 balls made of glass in the air at all times. I have taken approximately 4 lunch breaks in 4 months of working for Bayada and no breaks during the day other than to run to the restroom. You are not discouraged from taking breaks, but the work won't get done if you do. The phones NEVER stop ringing and company policy is to answer them within 2 rings. So forget about being productive during the work day; you are too busy answering the phones and putting out the small fires that break out all day long (for example, an insurance change, a client is hospitalized, a client has no primary care physician, a client calls to cancel an appointment, etc.). You end up taking work home at night, on weekends and holidays. And forget enjoying your vacation days! There is ZERO extra capacity in a Bayada office so you may take your days off, but your coworker will have to do the work of 2 CSMs when he/she probably can barely get the work of 1 CSM finished on an average day. You will spend your entire vacation stressed out about what you left behind and what will be waiting for you when you return. And then don't forget, your coworker will want to take vacation as well. And then YOU will be doing the work of 2 overworked people.

Mark Baiada, your gifts are lovely and the awards weekend I'm sure is very special. But I would recommend doing away with all the gifts and awards and provide more help to your office staff. It is no wonder turn over is so high among office staff. Do more to help your office employees on a daily basis rather than once or twice a year.

Hello current CSM,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We do read and review each comment, and will share your thoughts. We are glad that you feel supported by your director and office staff
    ... More

field employees compensated poorly

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Allentown, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

good flexibility with scheduling. office staff pleasant to work with

Cons

have worked 7 years with no raise. no sick or vacation time. you earn 5 pto days after working 2000 hrs. health insurance benefits are ridicuously expensive.

you claim your nurses are your greatest asset how about showing it with some raises and benefits

Ok experience

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Growing company with room for personal growth, if you can take the stress.

Cons

Very stressful. I saw many breakdowns while working in the office.

Look at some of the smaller offices who may be struggling with staffing, both in the office and out. These offices may have clients who are very far out and hard to staff, while also having very few in the office to work together to staff it. These CSM's have double the case loads of those in larger offices, but often smaller salaries due to more of their clients having Medicaid. No CSM would want to stay in a position where the current caseload pays less than an Associate. Any yes there is room to grow that caseload, but not enough people in the office to help manage it. Often leaving clients falling through the cracks.

Complete waste of 2 years of my nursing profession.

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, loved working one on one with clients.

Cons

Poor pay no pay raise in 2 years. Have to work 2000 hours before you receive any vacation time. No room for any growth within the company. Offer little or no support to return to school to further education. I was working the same case for over 2 years, needed another nurse for 1 day a week for a set day, office staff manipulated new hire and told her it was for a different day just so she would work the case, and moved me off my day off without asking me, messing my schedule with my family completely up. Then to add to everything, I was fired over something I didn't even do! Received an anonymous complaint. Fired me before they completed the investigation, or even gave me a chance to defend myself, they didn't interview all the other individuals I worked with on a daily basis. I spent over 2 years dedicating my life to the same client and that is the thanks I received. I would never recommend anyone to ever seek employment with Bayada.

Consider yearly pay raises, vacation pay changes.

I work as a full time trach/ vent pediatric field RN currently

Current Employee - RN Field Nurse
    Current Employee - RN Field Nurse

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I work One to one with all my pediatric clients in the home or school setting. Clinical Managers are available for questions. I get to experience first hand the impact nurses have on clients day to day and long term which makes my job so exciting.

Cons

Trying to juggle a full time schedule can be hard with canceled shifts and changes to your schedule. Hours fluctuate at times as often as weekly so flexibility is a must.

Support your staff especially full time people who will be there to service your clients all year long by improving benefits and salaries suitable for full time licensed professionals

Employees that report to parents

Current Employee - Staff
    Current Employee - Staff

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Mark Baiada and his mission statement.

Cons

Special treatment to those that report to a parent.

Don't allow employees to report to their parents.

BAYADA Home Health Care Photos