BAYADA Home Health Care

Updated November 18, 2014
3.2

BAYADA Home Health Care President J Mark Baiada
J Mark Baiada

Pros
  • Some of the field staff are some of the hardest working people I have worked with (in 13 reviews)

• Great coworkers with high morale, awesome patients, company prides itself in compassion, excellence and reliability (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to nothing for the field staff, who actually care for the patients (in 22 reviews)

• Didn't treat nurses respectfully unless nurses were a favorite to the office staff (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Leadership, Great Environment, Great Company To Work For

Former Employee - Marketing Intellegence in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intellegence in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great company with very strong values and incredible potential for growth. Even though I was just an intern, my insights and ideas were respected and valued.

Cons

None that I experienced during my 3 month internship

Keep doing what you're doing

Treated with consideration and respect.

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Selinsgrove, PA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Selinsgrove, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Prior to becoming a nurse, I worked in the warm, growth-fostering, although low-paying world of Early Childhood Ed and Social work. Imagine my shock when as a nurse I was thrown among catty, nasty coworkers and supervisors.Then I found Bayada where they attempted to find clients that are a "good fit" and hours that work for staff and clients. They strive to solve problems and foster communication to that end. They are easily reached by phone if needed at any time. I work private duty, focusing on one client in a lovely home environment with a family that values my skills and the role I play with their loved one. Salary is competitive.

Cons

Clients may drop at a moments notice. Hours can change quickly. There is some vulnerability being the only staff in a home, although you can contact your cm anytime needed. Honestly, the benefits aren't so great.

Benefits are crucial.

In field lpn

Current Employee - L P N in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - L P N in Allentown, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Clients can feel safe and secured with nurses in their homes, Flexible scheduling, overtime available, good communication , awards for good service , a variety of health ins options, training and room for advancement

Cons

Always calling and asking you to do more, insurance is not the best

Don't let people do crazy overtime, everyone needs at least one day off a week ,

Loving. Helpful people.

Current Employee - Reimbursement Associate in Moorestown, NJ
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Associate in Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work environment.Friendly and helpful people. Room for advancement and a lot of training for personal development.

Cons

Low pay. Overworked... very high expectations. Sometimes management can be shady by smiling in your face and making smart comments behind your back.

mark Baida is an awesome human.

Bayada home health care

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care (more than an year)

Pros

nice company to work for, they have tons of activities that take place during the year to bring the nursing staff and office staff together, very flexible hours, and tons of continued education opportunities

Cons

the compensation could be better, lacking communication at times

It's rewarding, but they expect a lot out of you.

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The health benefits are pretty much industry standard. There's a pretty nice 401k offered. The Bayada Way defines the company culture and is followed for the most part. Vacation time is generous and never expires. Sick time gets paid out each quarter if you go over a certain amount. My coworkers are some of the most wonderful and caring people I have ever met.

Cons

The volume of work is ridiculous and completely unrealistic to expect that one person could complete it all in a 40 hour week. I often can't and end up spending 10 extra hours a week unpaid to get things done. There's no consideration for work/life balance. The job is very stressful and the amount of stress and extra work you have to do on top of your 40 hours is not worth the pay. Upper management takes several months to decide on even small things. Some people in leadership positions should not be in leadership positions.

Realize that the person you hire is only one person. They can only do so much and want to be able to come into work and go home at a decent, normal hour. If you continue to expect them to do the work of two people, at least pay the salary for two people.

Compassion Excellence Reliabilty

Current Employee - Client Services Manager
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

This is a great company to work for. It is Privately owned, but has expanded since its beginning date of 1975. The company focuses highly on client satisfaction and it is shown through its core values. I worked in the office, so this is a review for the office structure than out in the field as a nurse. Depending on your office Director, your experience may be positive or negative. I worked for an amazing office. So my experiences are great. The CEO is down to earth. You will get a chance to meet him through the annual "Awards Weekend", which is a weekend event that occurs once a year. Your transportation and hotel is paid for. BAYADA really focuses on employee retention so they will reward you with gifts and prizes from time on. Overall, a great company to work for.

Cons

Overtime. Depending if you are a CSM, expect to clock more than 40 hours a week. But this comes with the business and can't be helped. You can't expect to leave on time, especially if your client's services depend on your coordination. Things happen and you would need to problem solve when it does.

I would ask to delegate some of the CSM duties to other office mates. CSMs do a lot, and working for another Home Health agency right after BAYADA, I see how BAYADA can overwork their CSMs.

Able to get more then 40 hours per week if flexible and the most "employee" friendly, and highest quality vs competitors

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Reading, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Viable alternative if for those wishing to get away from facility work.
    -Interesting high acuity cases available in Pediatrics, lots to learn if you prefer a challenge. Great way to break into peds if you are looking to get into a peds facility or hospital.
    -Opportunity to really make a difference in a patient's life. Big shortage of trained specialized peds nurses at present. Almost never enough nurses to go around. The families really rely on you and are so grateful for good nurses to care for their sick child so they can work/rest. We spend more time with the patient then any other care provider, so our imput is valued and important when it comes to treatment decisions.
    -One of the few agency's that i have come across that offer REAL health insurance and benefits...most agency's now prefer to keep everyone PRN now so that they dont have to pay for health insurance.
    -They are selective about which cases they take. They will refuse a case if deemed an unsafe environment for the nurses.
    -Emphesis on employee safety. Training is available to all as much as needed. You are backed up by management if you have to make a tough decision, for the safety of you or the patient.
    -typically have access to internet overnight...would be able to get some studying in if you are in school, infact, may be ideal for students.
    -Experienced nurses on the field team and in management...good resource always available to you 24/7 (on-call)

Cons

*Note: As with most jobs, conditions vary depending on what office you work from...so what may happen in one place (a bad review) may not be a true reflection of the average employee experience.

-First few months are a bit rough schedule wise until you build up to 3 or 4 cases to choose from which means more places that you can work.
    -Pay scale for home-health is lower then national average for nurses but not for this industry.
    -Ergonomics of the home a challenge depending on setup...for instance cribs with siderails that dont go up and down, ect. You have to work with whatever is in the home.
    -Parents are the boss here...you kinda have to be willing to cooperate with their household requests regardless of how trivial they may be in your opinion. Not that big of a deal. If using a certain blanket or bottle ect makes them feel happy then why not comply?
    -Some of the schedulers can be quite pushy trying to get you to work more or do a switch to get all their shifts filled but you are not obligated to work any shift or case you dont want to. I just resent their tactics at times,

-Raise the payscale to the average RN or LPN rates..Its hard to retain good nurses when their are so many places we could be working instead and make alot more money.
    -Monitor the CSM's. Incentive based scheduling is not a great system..Think smarter if you want to grow your business! They can and will say and do anything to get the shifts filled because it means more money for them...regardless of safety. Guess what? If a nurse has been on the schedule 10 days in a row or 54 hours in one week, and they decline a request to pick up another shift then you should respect that and not make them feel bad. I can work alot more if you dont burn me out in the long run!
    -Fix your paperwork system. No reason to be driving extra time off the clock to drop off time slips. Look into a better system.

Bayada in Providence RI

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Great office staff. Is there when you need them. They care about the employees as well as the clients. You don't find that often most places just need a body. CSM easy to work with and talk to. Great at his job. Doesn't take the stressful job out on the staff. HR very organized and professional. Doesn't just hire anyone. Very easy to talk to. This office has come a long way and continues to grow thanks to all the staff. If you can't treat employees good then you won't have very good staff or moral. Just a thank you is nice to hear again you don't hear that often but you do at Bayada

Cons

Pay is low for all CNA staff. If pay rates were increased Bayada would grow more. I took a pay cut to go back to Bayada because I would rather work for a company that respects employees instead of treating them horrible. That's how yolku keep a great employee. Benefits are not That great.

Please try to find a way to increase the pay rate. T

Inconsiderate

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

He liked my cooking which I love to do. He realized I was very kind to him and he appreciated my duties in caring for him

Cons

Not helpful, inconsiderate, unreliable, rude, disorganized

Upgrade