BAYADA Home Health Care Reviews

303 reviews filtered by
3.2
BAYADA Home Health Care President J Mark Baiada
J Mark Baiada

Pros
  • Some of the field staff are some of the hardest working people I have worked with (in 13 reviews)

• The job provides flexibility of schedule and a supportive home office staff (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to nothing for the field staff, who actually care for the patients (in 22 reviews)

• Didn't treat nurses respectfully unless nurses were a favorite to the office staff (in 18 reviews)

1. Home Health Aide

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in New York, NY

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Love to work with People and represent my company in a respectful manner.

Cons

Not getting an answer

Commitmen t

Advice to Management

Keep on doing the good work

2. Field Nurse

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility with scheduling, PTO (after working 2000 hours, a full week of PTO), kind friendly office staff (including case managing nurses), salary slightly higher than other local agencies, easy to reach someone off-hours and get results.

Cons

Case managing nurses seem overwhelmed, so sometimes client care isn't thorough.
    Field staff deserve better benefits.

Advice to Management

Field staff deserve better benefits. We carry the load. You wouldn't need the office staff at all if you didn't have field staff, right? I would suggest offering a tiny amount of PTO on an hourly basis, even if it is after the first 2000 hours (or 1000 would be better), just like they do at hospitals. And include sick time too. Nurses are humans too.

Apr 9, 2015Associate

Thank you for your honest feedback, and for your kind words about the flexibility in your schedule. We take all Glassdoor comments seriously and will pass this along to the appropriate parties ... More

3. Deliver care with compassion

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Caring company delivering excellent care . Bayada truly follows the mission of compassion excellence and reliability.

Cons

Health care salaries are effected by healthcare reform. You will not become a millionaire at Bayada but what nurse thinks they should be a millionaire for working in healthcare .

Advice to Management

Continue to share the mission and connect with staff and clients.

As a new employees I feel supported and valued; wonderful company philosophy that employees truly embrace!

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Respected as a professional, provided with necessary resources and support. Pay is on the low end....

Cons

Good benefits, encourage internal promotions with potential for growth.

Advice to Management

need to be more aware of the amount of extra work many in the office are challenged with keeping up with

Mar 17, 2015Associate

Hello! Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your experience at BAYADA Home Health Care. You are right about the values and respect that exists at BAYADA. And our dedication is what sets up ... More

6. RN

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Company leadership is invested in it's people and professional development. The Bayada Way is the guiding light for all employees. Maryland office work well with each other. I especially like the Marriottsville office. I expect this company to grow leaps and bounds!

Cons

Company benefits and large coverage areas

Advice to Management

Continue to keep people first before profits! Whenever I'm asked about Home Health jobs I highly recommend Bayada!

Mar 17, 2015Associate

Thank you for recommending BAYADA! We appreciate all that you do for your clients and health care professionals. Keep up the great work.

7. CNA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Make my on schedule payed weekly

Cons

Have too work longer hours too get a decent paycheck

Advice to Management

Raise pay rate

Mar 17, 2015Associate

Hello Current CNA, thank you for letting us know about your experience at BAYADA Home Health Care. The industry and company have been challenged by a changing home care landscape, but we make every ... More

Great work experience with trained healthcare professionals

Current Employee - Health Administration in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Health Administration in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Great Work ethics,
    nice coworkers
    small offices,
    loving staff and directors

Cons

Not future opportunities,
    limited hours,
    No other benefits

Advice to Management

N/a

Love being a part of family of clinical and administrative professionals that truly care.

Current Employee - Associate Director
    Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Plenty of training and support
    Employee appreciation and recognition
    Great career growth potential

Cons

The only con that I can think of has to do with the industry...not BAYADA. It's a stressful, competitive market and your constantly having to adjust to Healthcare changes.

Bayada takes the time to recognize and appreciate what you do. They Care for YOU!

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Newark, DE

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The staff have been wonderful! The company as a whole continues to provide opportunities for continued education programs, recognition during Nurses Week, company outings and events that allow you to involve your family.

Cons

Since you had the option to choose an assignment, it can be what you make it. However, though you can work full-time shifts and OT, it is hard to gain full-time employment and get benefits. I had actually been with Bayada for over 15 years doing shift work followed by supervisory visits and intakes. I worked sometimes 60 + hours per week, but when I needed benefits due to life changes, there were none available to per deim staff. As soon as I accepted a position elsewhere, they opened up a full-time position. I think that they should offer any openings to senior per deim staff before interviewing outside of the company.

Advice to Management

Take a look at your hard-working, long-standing, most reliable staff for consideration of full-time openings before looking outside. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing!

11. Bayada values employees

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Bayada believes in the mission of provideng excellent care with compassion, excellence and reliability. The employees are valued.

Cons

Bayada allows you to provide excellent care. The pay may not be a much as a big city hospital but I do not want to work at a big city hospital

Advice to Management

Continue to support staff and work hard to keep the pay fair.

Jan 7, 2015Associate

Hello Current Employee! Thank you so much for your kind words, glad to hear that you have found your right fit in home care!

BAYADA Home Health Care Photos