BAYADA Home Health Care

Updated August 19, 2014

3.2

BAYADA Home Health Care President J Mark Baiada
J Mark Baiada

Pros
  • Great coworkers with high morale, awesome patients, company prides itself in compassion, excellence and reliability (in 9 reviews)

• Nice gifts they give office staff instead of giving to field staff (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Didn't treat nurses respectfully unless nurses were a favorite to the office staff (in 16 reviews)

• Little to nothing for the field staff, who actually care for the patients (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Easy to talk to managing staff

Current Employee - CNA/HHA  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Baltimore, MD

Pros

This company provide high quality care to the individuals they sever. They also communicate very well with all staff

Cons

Work hours is limited and sometime you will come across client who may make you feel uncomfortable

Do not work for these people

Current Employee - RN Field Nurse  in  Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - RN Field Nurse in Duluth, MN

Pros

None not a one .....love my client not the company

Cons

Do not get paid on time no raises, treated lower than dirt

Raises are nice getting paid for your hours is deserved should not have to ask to be paid we work hard for your company and are at the bottom of the pay scale this's not right we should be paid for what we do and you should stand behind us as nurses

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!! Employment at Bayada Home Healthcare

Former Employee - Licensed Nursing Assistant  in  Rutland, VT
    Former Employee - Licensed Nursing Assistant in Rutland, VT

Pros

NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!! I could not even give them one star!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

EVERYONE is hired part-time or per diem. The recruiter was not truthful either. I had asked whether Bayada liked to hire within. The recruiter said, "Yes!" Well, there were two positions I applied for after I was hired. Unfortunately, someone else was hired to fill both positions. And, after I applied for the positions, Bayada changed their website despite saying they like to hire within!!!!!!! I don't think it was very "strategic" on Bayada's part. I graduated with an MBA in Healthcare Administration (3.58). You would think they would want someone who has expertise in the field to be on board with Bayada, but its all about them!!!! Bayada sends everyone far, far away to see clients putting WEAR AND TEAR on their car with NO reimbursement except for mileage!!!! No one lasts more than a year before they start looking for another job!!!!!!!!! If people are going to have to use their cars to help the company...........they should be reimbursed for it!!!!!!!! Obviously, they have NO MBA business sense otherwise they would know.......a bad experience means 86% will quit doing business with them. One complaint means 26 will be silent. One bad experience will tell 9 to 15 people!!!!!!!!! Hey Bayada...........WORD OF MOUTH IS VERY POWERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! DID NOT GET A RAISE the whole 2 years I was there. In fact, I got a coffee mug for one Christmas and a $10.00 gift certificate to Subway the next!!!!!!!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't waste your time at this company.

Former Employee - Client Services Manager
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager

Pros

You feel a sense of pride when you get to help your clients. Depends on your co-workers in the office, some if them could become good friends.

Cons

Most directors do not know what is going in. They sit in their offices with the door closed talking on their personal cell phones. I worked as a ALDP associate and my time in the program was terrible. They told me where my rotations where going to be then 3 weeks in told me I would be going somewhere else. Half my class quit before the program was over.

I was looked down upon if I wanted to take a lunch break. Everyone should be mandated to take the hour lunch that is owed to them. Directors leave early constantly and take 3 day weekends frequently.

Directors refuse to give field staff rate increases as they would rather line their pockets with their quarterly bonus. We all know reimbursement rates are being cut but when you are paying hha's $10 an hour what do you expect from them? No wonder csm's have to spend there whole day staffing because there are so many call outs.

TERRIBLE BENEFITS PACKAGE

I would recommend staying away from this company as they are getting cheaper and cheaper while division directors and directors are making the majority of the money.

Come into the offices and see what is really going on. Do random checks on directors to see if they are really in the office. Need to start paying your employees more or the constant turnover will continue.

It was a good job with great nursing skill opportunities..

Pros

I felt like I made a difference to their pediatric clients. It was a good feeling to work with their families, medical teams, and school staff. Scheduling staff were flexible to my needs. Supportive administrative services. Good recognition.

Cons

Heavy physical demands with potential to injury to self. Moderate to low wage.

Improved safe guards to your staff, with mechanical lifts and assisted devices.

Felxible

Current Employee - CNA/HHA  in  Asheboro, NC
    Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Asheboro, NC

Pros

You can choose your hours, and change your schedule as needed. They always need help in the area or close to where ever you live. Also, they offer scholarship money for those who wish to peruse further education in healthcare.

Cons

depending where you work, and how often will weigh on your gas $,

Gained experience in all type of different client settings

Former Employee - Certified Home Health Aide  in  Quincy, MA
    Former Employee - Certified Home Health Aide in Quincy, MA

Pros

The clients were great to work with. Gained a great Report with many of the clients as a per diem CNA/HHA. I was asked by multiple clients to come back to care for them when their regular caregiver was unavailable.

Cons

Bayada promised full time 40 hours but when started placed me as per-diem. grabbed many hours when available but when I went somewhere else and other employer did not allow me to give 2 week notice with bayada..Bayada told me I am on a no rehire listing.

Learning experiences

Current Employee - Medical Assistant  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Always found me a job site to work at

Cons

I feel with the hard work that we do for the varies locations, we should get raises at least to keep up with expenses that are rising. Most of the time temps are overworked at these facilities and i feel we are underpaid for the work they make us do.

Great in theory, but didn't translate into practice

Former Employee - Therapist, Field Staff
    Former Employee - Therapist, Field Staff

Pros

The "Bayada Way" is a wonderful philosophy and I think that the CEO really believes in it. It includes statements such as "We believe our employees are our biggest asset". Unfortunately, it did not feel like that all the time.

Most employees are caring professionals who go above and beyond for the patients and staff.

The salary was similar to other companies for field staff therapists (though per hour is probably less as the productivity standards are much higher with bahada)

Cons

There was a huge turnover in office staff constantly. Because the office was short staffed, or still learning, it was difficult for the field staff to get the patients or help they needed.

The job promised was not the job in actuality. Each office is run almost like its own franchise and there is much variety. The recruiter did not work directly in my office and misled me on many issues. Not sure if this was purposeful, or if he really did not know. For example, what he stated about the holiday policy, weekend policy and amount of patients needing to be seen in a week were not what happened in my particular office. For example, he told me that an eval was worth 2 point visits and a treatment was worth 1 point visit. Turns out that an evaluation is only worth 1 point visit. (Start of Care are worth 2 points). Since your offer is based on point visits, my weekly productivity standards were much higher than I had originally thought. 4-6 more patients a week than other local home care companies. I told my bosses about this and they said that was awful, but could not do anything to fix it. Other co-workers also told me that the same thing had happened to them.

There were no written rules to follow--field staff does not have access to policies. Often, different persons in the company would give you different information and you did not know which person's advise to follow.

If you were off for any reason, you really had to work hard to get coverage for your patients. Sometimes taking a day off would not have been worth it because it meant you had to squish all your patients into 4 days since no one was available to cover.

You were expected to meet your productivity, and there were consequences if you did not. It did not matter if your patient was in the hospital or not home or had an emergency... No credit was given for scheduling, paperwork, driving, etc with the patient you could not bill.

The phones given were older and did not have blue tooth capacity/ability to use headphones so you could not use them while driving. The office required you to call every patient the night before the visit and the doctor of every new patient, as well as numerous other phone calls. It was difficult to fit all these calls into business hours while seeing patients and driving.

No cost of living raises and very little opportunity for advancement for field staff

Benefits were expensive

Consider investing in better phones for field staff and paying office staff more. Any investment in employee satisfaction, may save you money in the future with turnover.

Great culture and mission, a very solid company

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst  in  Langhorne, PA
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Langhorne, PA

Pros

The culture at Bayada is about working hard because its the right thing to do not because your told to. The company is driven to get clients healthy and the attention the need.

Cons

Each office is managed individually and some offices are better than others. People need to talk to each other within their office. Things are fast paced and they are sometimes creating work for themselves. Benefits could be better and so could the support office career path.

Worked for BAYADA Home Health Care? Contribute to the Community!