BAYADA Home Health Care

Updated October 21, 2014
3.2

BAYADA Home Health Care President J Mark Baiada
J Mark Baiada

Pros
  • Some of the field staff are some of the hardest working people I have worked with (in 13 reviews)

• Great coworkers with high morale, awesome patients, company prides itself in compassion, excellence and reliability (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to nothing for the field staff, who actually care for the patients (in 22 reviews)

• Didn't treat nurses respectfully unless nurses were a favorite to the office staff (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work.

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Growth opportunities. Worth while work making a difference in the lives of others.

Cons

Challenging work can be very stressful.

Client and Employee Focus

Former Employee - Associate Director in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Honolulu, HI

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

BAYADA goes above and beyond to to ensure a company culture that treats their employees with utmost respect and is not shy about showing their appreciation for your service. High standards and expectations, but that comes with any company providing the best services in their field. Great support throughout the company, everyone and anyone is always willing to help whenever and however they can.

Cons

BEARS system could us an update (in process at the time of my departure). Support offices are based in East Coast and close at 5pm EST, if you are in PST or HST you have a limited window to get certain things submitted or request for assistance.

Great job with making a large and expanding company feel personal and intimate.

Management needs to look themselves in the mirror!!!!

Former Employee - CSM
    Former Employee - CSM

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time

Pros

You get to help people that really need it
    Paid weekly
    Some of the field staff are some of the hardest working people I have worked with.

Cons

Benefits package is terrible!
    They do not allow you to flex your time at all. Most of the time I would come in between 7:30-8:00am and stay until 5:30pm or later.
    Was not allowed to take lunch.
    Not a lot of room for advancement unless you are "in" with the director and division director. They hire a lot of directors from our competitors. I think you should give the people that have been with you are a while the chance to be directors.
    401k match is a joke
    Directors make comments when you try and use some of your vacation.
    Turnover is high all over the place. Client service manager, clinical manager and field staff.
    No raises!!!!!!! They are saying there is no money available while they are breaking billing records every week.

Overall I would tell anyone looking for a job at BAYADA to pass and find something else. Especially if you are looking at the ALDP program. They are telling people they will be a director in a year or two. That's a lie!!!!! After speaking with people that have been in the program so many people from the program have left. They will tell you it's a fast track program into management. Except for one or two people will be put into a CSM role for many years after the management program.

I think everyone at the top needs to look at what is going on. A lot of people in the office are NOT happy. When you are told that you will not be getting a raise that is very demoralizing. The economy is starting to recover and you will continue to lose high performing employees. The BAYADA way is becoming lost. Also forgot about Awards weekend. I would rather see the money go to office and field staff.

Also make taking lunch mandatory.

BAYADA Home Health Care Response

Oct 14, 2014Associate

Hello former CSM, thank you for your feedback. At BAYADA we have several career options, each with its own timeline and path. As in The BAYADA Way, we believe our employees are our greatest asset. We ... More

Great place to learn much about Healthcare business processes. Lot of responsibility.

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large caseload, lot of responsibility. Ability to market, recruit, hire, progressive discipline, and lead orientation.

Cons

No opportunities for promotion in a specified time period. Many of the managers are over qualified and should be in a Director role. Much of the promotion is based on politics and "lottery" processes.

This company does not offer raises.

Consider placing an associate back in every office in order to help facilitate daily administrative tasks.

Know when to stop admitting patients when staffing pool is low.

Talent Development Plans should have specified dates for goals and promotions. Giving a clearer plan of development will likely help you to reduce the amount of turnover in this company.

Introduce raises to your managers. Working without the opportunity for raises is very discouraging, especially when promotion and other career opportunities are out of reach.

Worst experience in working life

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can't think of any if you Don't conform to their beliefs you are an outcast never imagined this kind of behavior from adults!!!

Cons

Too many to write about negative work place the Bayada way is a bunch of crap, no training no help everyone out for themselves.

People are different and should be treated as such not everyone learns the same way.

registered nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Newtown, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Newtown, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

friendly, competitive salary, driven , up on new products

Cons

poor benefits, need to work more to pay for benefits

Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice work environment.

Cons

No advancement opportunities. No set schedule. Poor senior management.

It was a good job with great nursing skill opportunities..

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

I felt like I made a difference to their pediatric clients. It was a good feeling to work with their families, medical teams, and school staff. Scheduling staff were flexible to my needs. Supportive administrative services. Good recognition.

Cons

Heavy physical demands with potential to injury to self. Moderate to low wage.

Improved safe guards to your staff, with mechanical lifts and assisted devices.

Easy to talk to managing staff

Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - CNA/HHA in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company provide high quality care to the individuals they sever. They also communicate very well with all staff

Cons

Work hours is limited and sometime you will come across client who may make you feel uncomfortable

BAYADA Home Health Care Response

Aug 25, 2014Associate

Hello Current Employee,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We want you to know that your local office is here for you should you feed uncomfortable at anytime. We appreciate all you do for
    ... More

A company with a strong culture of people connected to purpose, mission and values

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Phila, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I feel a sense of pride to be part of a community that has raised the bar in the home health care industry.,

Cons

The work us challenging and takes a great deal of commitment from staff in the office and field. Pay is based on company's reimbursement from state and commercial insurance which continues to frozen or declining.

Keep fighting for higher reimbursement to be able to compensate staff with higher pay and benefits.

BAYADA Home Health Care Photos