BAYADA Home Health Care

www.bayada.com
Employer Engaged

This company takes the time to acknowledge and commend their employees.

Current Employee - RN Clinical Associate in East Falmouth, MA
    Current Employee - RN Clinical Associate in East Falmouth, MA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company states " our employees are our greatest asset". They provide educational opportunities and growth within the company. Flexible schedules, pleasant work environment. Genuinely care about their employees and their clients.

Cons

Full time positions are difficult to obtain. Much of the work is per diem hours. If you are not a full time employee the health benefits cost more.

Would like to see more full time job availability in the private/ non-certified side, pay increase with longevity and educational experience, better health and dental benefits.

Hello Current RN!

Thank you so much for your feedback. We review every message on Glassdoor to identify opportunities for improvement. As with The BAYADA Way "our employees are our greatest
    ... More

Overworked to point of exhaustion

Current Employee - Client Services Manager
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Great working environment with excellent coworkers, small office feel, supportive director and CEO of company. The philosophy to provide the highest level of care for the patient should be the philosophy of all health care companies. Knowing you have a hand in taking care of ailing people is very rewarding. PTO for office staff starts at 3 weeks vacation time per year and a week of sick leave plus one personal day and 7 paid holidays. Once a year, every single office employee is flown to awards weekend where they are treated to great meals and fun along with a lovely awards banquet.

Cons

Working as a Client Services Manager is a juggling act...like trying to keep 10 balls made of glass in the air at all times. I have taken approximately 4 lunch breaks in 4 months of working for Bayada and no breaks during the day other than to run to the restroom. You are not discouraged from taking breaks, but the work won't get done if you do. The phones NEVER stop ringing and company policy is to answer them within 2 rings. So forget about being productive during the work day; you are too busy answering the phones and putting out the small fires that break out all day long (for example, an insurance change, a client is hospitalized, a client has no primary care physician, a client calls to cancel an appointment, etc.). You end up taking work home at night, on weekends and holidays. And forget enjoying your vacation days! There is ZERO extra capacity in a Bayada office so you may take your days off, but your coworker will have to do the work of 2 CSMs when he/she probably can barely get the work of 1 CSM finished on an average day. You will spend your entire vacation stressed out about what you left behind and what will be waiting for you when you return. And then don't forget, your coworker will want to take vacation as well. And then YOU will be doing the work of 2 overworked people.

Mark Baiada, your gifts are lovely and the awards weekend I'm sure is very special. But I would recommend doing away with all the gifts and awards and provide more help to your office staff. It is no wonder turn over is so high among office staff. Do more to help your office employees on a daily basis rather than once or twice a year.

Jan 7, 2015Associate

Hello current CSM,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We do read and review each comment, and will share your thoughts. We are glad that you feel supported by your director and office staff

Bayada values employees

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Bayada believes in the mission of provideng excellent care with compassion, excellence and reliability. The employees are valued.

Cons

Bayada allows you to provide excellent care. The pay may not be a much as a big city hospital but I do not want to work at a big city hospital

Continue to support staff and work hard to keep the pay fair.

Jan 7, 2015Associate

Hello Current Employee! Thank you so much for your kind words, glad to hear that you have found your right fit in home care!

Home Health

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The management is always available to answer questions or concerns. They also try to be flexible with patients and hours that they assign.

Cons

The pay for RNs (even with BSN) is only 18.00 to start, which is very low. Also, there are no benefits whatsoever.

Consider offering higher salaries and benefits, or opportunities for raises.

AWFUL Employee Care and Unethical Practices

Current Employee - RN Care Manager in Hawai‘i Kai, HI
    Current Employee - RN Care Manager in Hawai‘i Kai, HI

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Owner means well, some genuine people

Cons

Hawai'i offices reek with unethical practices, bullying and selfish acts. They spend more time complaining about people and the work than anything else. The head director has been seen making fun of clients and their families with other employees!!! Its a very two-faced organization that is purely money hungry.

Fire the head and you'll kill the beast that is eating away Hawai'i.

Jan 29, 2015Associate

Hello Current RN,

All of us at BAYADA Home Health Care are committed to serving our clients according to the highest professional, ethical, and safety standards. This commitment is expressed in

CSM experience

Former Employee - Client Services Manager
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

The compensation seem fair for most office staff employees. and most everyone really cares about helping the clients.

Cons

Many of the directors had no prior management experience. Low compensation for field staff. The quality of the director greatly affects the work environment, so if you don't have a competent director working there can be terrible.

Jan 5, 2015Associate

Hello Former Client Services Manager! Thank you for your feedback. We take all messages seriously and look forward to improving our practices with the suggestions we receive. As stated within The ... More

Very low hourly rate

Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

There's no pro only con

Cons

Don't know anything about the cases

Be more sensitive to your stuff

ok

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

If your willing to do anything they ask you hrs wont be a problem.

Cons

no definite hrs. unless you drive a hour a way for sometimes only 4 hr shifts.

Reevaluate your office staff.

Jan 5, 2015Associate

Hello current employee - thank you for your feedback. We're always looking to improve our experience, and while we do know that many of our available shifts to depend on location and availability, we ... More

Good company for home health care

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent compensation, friendly office staff and coworkers

Cons

unreliable hours, get offered shifts that are not during requested availability

Offer more hours that fit employees availability

Volatile work environment

Former Employee - Office Staff in Moorestown, NJ
    Former Employee - Office Staff in Moorestown, NJ

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Mark Baiada has a huge heart and is committed to both the company and the employees alike. They are very involved in employee training programs and supportive of continuing education to help develop your career. Each office and department is operated like a franchise so depending on the supervisor and staff, your experience can vary greatly.

Cons

Work load and work life balance. If you want to advance, be prepared to devote your life. They are growing rapidly so don't expect much breathing room when it comes to work load and deadlines. They are also huge on "face time" whether its productive or not. Also, there is an absurd amount of goals to complete each quarter and annually.

Don't have mandatory meeting exit ticket surveys which are used to scale productivity of the weekly and ad hoc meetings, if you can't be honest and are "encouraged" to give perfect scores. It defeats the purpose.

BAYADA Home Health Care Photos