BAYADA Home Health Care Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
291 reviews filtered by

CNA 1 HHA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

the flexibility of making my own work schedule

Cons

no paid overtime, holidays, and the pay could always use an increase on any job

Overworked to point of exhaustion

Current Employee - Client Services Manager
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Great working environment with excellent coworkers, small office feel, supportive director and CEO of company. The philosophy to provide the highest level of care for the patient should be the philosophy of all health care companies. Knowing you have a hand in taking care of ailing people is very rewarding. PTO for office staff starts at 3 weeks vacation time per year and a week of sick leave plus one personal day and 7 paid holidays. Once a year, every single office employee is flown to awards weekend where they are treated to great meals and fun along with a lovely awards banquet.

Cons

Working as a Client Services Manager is a juggling act...like trying to keep 10 balls made of glass in the air at all times. I have taken approximately 4 lunch breaks in 4 months of working for Bayada and no breaks during the day other than to run to the restroom. You are not discouraged from taking breaks, but the work won't get done if you do. The phones NEVER stop ringing and company policy is to answer them within 2 rings. So forget about being productive during the work day; you are too busy answering the phones and putting out the small fires that break out all day long (for example, an insurance change, a client is hospitalized, a client has no primary care physician, a client calls to cancel an appointment, etc.). You end up taking work home at night, on weekends and holidays. And forget enjoying your vacation days! There is ZERO extra capacity in a Bayada office so you may take your days off, but your coworker will have to do the work of 2 CSMs when he/she probably can barely get the work of 1 CSM finished on an average day. You will spend your entire vacation stressed out about what you left behind and what will be waiting for you when you return. And then don't forget, your coworker will want to take vacation as well. And then YOU will be doing the work of 2 overworked people.

Mark Baiada, your gifts are lovely and the awards weekend I'm sure is very special. But I would recommend doing away with all the gifts and awards and provide more help to your office staff. It is no wonder turn over is so high among office staff. Do more to help your office employees on a daily basis rather than once or twice a year.

Hello current CSM,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We do read and review each comment, and will share your thoughts. We are glad that you feel supported by your director and office staff

Bayada

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great service to your clients.
    You get to meet a lot of neat people with different life stories.
    Volunteer opportunities for the local community

Cons

Being on call
    Reliability of staff
    The pay was ok. I won't complain because it was my first professional job
    Difficult clients sometimes
    Low wages for nursing (RN, LVN and CNA) personnel

5. Enjoyed one on one care

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

You can choose days hours and locations that you want to work. You only have one client at a time.

Cons

If client becomes hospitalized or dies you don't have a job until you get another client.

Jan 7, 2015Associate

Hello Former Employee, thank you so much for your feedback. We hope to accommodate the schedules of both clients and caregivers, and recognize that one of the greatest advantages of home care is ... More

I work as a full time trach/ vent pediatric field RN currently

Current Employee - RN Field Nurse
    Current Employee - RN Field Nurse

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I work One to one with all my pediatric clients in the home or school setting. Clinical Managers are available for questions. I get to experience first hand the impact nurses have on clients day to day and long term which makes my job so exciting.

Cons

Trying to juggle a full time schedule can be hard with canceled shifts and changes to your schedule. Hours fluctuate at times as often as weekly so flexibility is a must.

Support your staff especially full time people who will be there to service your clients all year long by improving benefits and salaries suitable for full time licensed professionals

field employees compensated poorly

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Allentown, PA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

good flexibility with scheduling. office staff pleasant to work with

Cons

have worked 7 years with no raise. no sick or vacation time. you earn 5 pto days after working 2000 hrs. health insurance benefits are ridicuously expensive.

you claim your nurses are your greatest asset how about showing it with some raises and benefits

8. Bayada values employees

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Bayada believes in the mission of provideng excellent care with compassion, excellence and reliability. The employees are valued.

Cons

Bayada allows you to provide excellent care. The pay may not be a much as a big city hospital but I do not want to work at a big city hospital

Continue to support staff and work hard to keep the pay fair.

Jan 7, 2015Associate

Hello Current Employee! Thank you so much for your kind words, glad to hear that you have found your right fit in home care!

9. Probably going out of business

Current Employee - Home Health Care RN in Sewell, NJ
    Current Employee - Home Health Care RN in Sewell, NJ

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care

Pros

Working in home health care is more flexible with its scheduling and is great if you enjoy working indeendantly

Cons

Some homes are disgusting and family can me ignorant and Bayada pays nurses horribly. Bayada is not keeping up with making health care improvements such as using electronic health records. They are going to have to pay severe fines to the government if they don't catch up. I already got a notice from them saying that they are not getting reimbursed the same from medicare and will need to lower salaries and hours. They can't afford to pay any fines. They are already terminating nurses. I don't foresee Bayada being around much longer.

Get yourselves up-to-date with Healthcare government initiatives because that is how you will be able to provide the safest care to our clients.

Feb 2, 2015Associate

Hello Current Employee,

Thank you for your feedback. On January 17, BAYADA proudly celebrated 40 years of business. Nationally, we employee 23,000 people in 290 offices in 21 states, and have
    ... More

This company takes the time to acknowledge and commend their employees.

Current Employee - RN Clinical Associate in East Falmouth, MA
    Current Employee - RN Clinical Associate in East Falmouth, MA

I have been working at BAYADA Home Health Care part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company states " our employees are our greatest asset". They provide educational opportunities and growth within the company. Flexible schedules, pleasant work environment. Genuinely care about their employees and their clients.

Cons

Full time positions are difficult to obtain. Much of the work is per diem hours. If you are not a full time employee the health benefits cost more.

Would like to see more full time job availability in the private/ non-certified side, pay increase with longevity and educational experience, better health and dental benefits.

Jan 5, 2015Associate

Hello Current RN!

Thank you so much for your feedback. We review every message on Glassdoor to identify opportunities for improvement. As with The BAYADA Way "our employees are our greatest
    ... More

Great place to work for people who want a non-clinical healthcare career.

Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at BAYADA Home Health Care full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pertaining to non-clinical career:
    Excellent opportunities to grow within the company. Pay was great for corporate/office staff and yearly raise was minimal but at least provided. Mark Baiada the owner and CEO takes all office staff and their families on expenses paid vacation once a year! Great Christmas gifts provided to office staff, we got to choose $300 Maui Jim sunglasses the year I worked there.

Cons

I had heard many complaints that Clinical/field employees (cna's, hha's etc) were not paid enough and offered the same perks as office/non-clinical employees. Medical benefits were extremely expensive and most people decide to go on their spouses plan if applicable. Burn out seemed to be a common trend, but management was there to listen to staff complaints if time allowed.

Continue to promote from within and encourage growth and development for your employees.

BAYADA Home Health Care Photos