BB&T Reviews

623 reviews filtered by
3.2
BB&T Chairman & CEO Kelly S. King
Kelly S. King

Pros
  • This bank pays better than any other and you get an incredible work/life balance (in 31 reviews)

• Decent balance of work/life and good benefits with the company (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • In my specific role, there was not room for advancement (in 13 reviews)

• Micro-managing, unrealistic sales goals and high pressure from management (in 25 reviews)

Corrupt politics at mid-level management lead company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

Good learning experience; compensated well for not doing that much; hours not bad; slow pace

Cons

failure-fearing culture; hard word is not recognized; decisions are made based on politics; employees try to point out others' mistakes

Advice to Management

mid-level managers need to become leaders rather than managers/administrators and pay attention to employees at lower levels

2. Overpromise Underdeliver

Former Employee - Investment Counselor in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Investment Counselor in Fairfax, VA

I worked at BB&T

Pros

Cannot recall any Pros to working at BBT

Cons

In the interview management overpromises on salsary and bonus.

3. There are better Banks

Former Employee - Bank Teller
    Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at BB&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours were good since it was mostly just week days.

Cons

So much pressure to sell products and hound customers to open more accounts.

5. Horrible company to work for

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

Off on weekends in Greater Birmingham Area

Cons

The company thrives on saving money, but they work their employees like crazy by not hiring more help. There is not much opportunity for growth, and the company is very unorganized. Upper management doesn't take the chance to come out and visit their branches to see how the employees really struggle, and they make horrible decisions that affect the branches and the employees. I would never recommend them to anyone unless they didn't have anywhere else to go.

Advice to Management

Hire more people!!!

Good Bank

I worked at BB&T

Pros

Time off for Holidays were great

Cons

Not enough employees to cover calls, Customers very dissatisfied with the hold time at times over 100 calls holding. everyday and sometimes on busy days 200 holding. they have freeze on hiring but keep taking on new loans. 27 employees left in less than 9 months over worked

Advice to Management

Jump in and help employees instead of shopping on line and talking to friends and family. Lead by example.. If the employees cannot talk on phone personally which they should not neither should the management.

Not enjoying

I have been working at BB&T full-time

Pros

The Cons really outweigh the Pros but the company does have good people. Working here helped develop my skills as a professional but that is everywhere.

Cons

Not really a company for millennials. Does not offer much flexibility. The company does not allow you to work from home when it makes sense much and there is not much opportunity for growth. BB&T is so far behind other banks on its systems also. It is 2014 and the bank's system are very outdated.

Advice to Management

Let people work from home sometime and maybe millennials would be happy at this company.

Run. Run far far away from this bank, or any other, unless you are not in a retail bank position.

Current Employee - Branch Banker IV in South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Banker IV in South Florida, FL

I have been working at BB&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

100% match to 6% for 401K, still has a pension, if you can stomach making this place your life.

Cons

Low pay for the level of work expected of you. HR is a nightmare. Management is ridiculous in every single thing they do or say. Internal promotions are almost non existent. Filled with people with low to average intellect. Majority of the staff is female and most will not hesitate to stab you in the back to try to get ahead.

Advice to Management

BB&T is a well respected company in other markets. In South Florida, BB&T is either an unknown, or thought of as a low class banking institution. Make as many changes as you can, and it would probably help to fire 80% of the current staffing.

9. New management in Processing/Underwriting with no knowledge of Mortgage experience and implements unnecessary processes that doesn't pertain to the job.

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Greer, SC
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Greer, SC

I worked at BB&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Only working 8 hours and good benefits.

Cons

No overtime, horrible salary, horrible management, inexperience associates.

Advice to Management

Learn your role and mortgage guidelines. Don't be stupid!!

No advancement due to politics

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at BB&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have a job - this in not a career oriented Company

Cons

You are told you can take training but have the company pay for it first. I believed I would be reimbursed after I obtained a certification and that did not happen. Women appear to be under valued.

Advice to Management

More women on the Board of Directors and in Senior Management. Alot of talking the talk but not walking the walk about treatment of employees.

The worse experience of my professional career.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at BB&T

Pros

ON THE SURFACE- life force, 401k, pension plan.

Cons

This particular branch was the worse experience of my life. There was SO much going on I would be ASHAMED for KELLY KING to know! Politics, people backstabbing one another, management covering for their pets! Disgusting!!!!! Upper management "grooming their pets" to be whatever they want them to be. Never had a more disappointing experience IN MY LIFE! Disgusting how HUMAN beings are taken out of the equation all together.... Nothing but market leaders trying to make themselves look good, whoring after whatever sale opportunity they can, whoring themselves and their employees!!! Despicable! I could see right through what was going on at this company. Listen, DO NOT WASTE your time, and I mean your emotional time at this company!!!! Very alarming, misleading, basically they will try and sell this amazing job offer to you and once you get there it is like the worse job ever.

Advice to Management

Wake up!!!!! Get a clue!!! Why are all of my employees leaving???? Resigning???? We all know you truly don't care but someone seriously needs to!!!! How could a company that teaches being empathetic, competent, responsive, and reliable not even operate those principles itself and I mean the entity itself not practicing these principles????? Hello??? Do individuals a FAVOR do not waste their time and their talent!!!!