BB&T Reviews

605 reviews filtered by

1. Pretty good company overall

Former Employee - Retail Lending
    Former Employee - Retail Lending

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, one of the few companies which still offers a pension plan. Co-workers were great!

Cons

Was behind the curve with technology upgrades. Recently began a reduction in force

2. Decent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, lots of time off once you have worked there for five years

Cons

very difficult to be promoted, hard work is not rewarded quickly, bonuses have been cut

Hit and miss, depends on who is your manager and higher up.

Current Employee - Teller in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Teller in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, every holidays off, and easy job.

Cons

Favoritism. Some regional and branch managers are great. Then there are terrible ones. If you get hired on, you will know right away if you got a bad seed or not.

The reason why you have to shut down multiple branches is because you keep promoting incompetent people to run your branches. What kind of regional manager visits their branch once a year. Think about it.

5. Relationship manger for defined contribution plans and retirement and institutional services

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

BB&T has very good retirement plan benefits. They are committed to employee product and process training. There is also a great committment to client retention and the perfect client experience.

Cons

BB&T puts too much pressure on the non sales personnel to meet very aggressive sales goals. Also, the compensation if below industry averages, even in light of the company's stock price doing well.

Provide an environment that is conducive to having content employees.

BB&T used to be a fantastic company to work for!!!!

Current Employee - Branch Banker
    Current Employee - Branch Banker

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

If you have a doctor's appointment, you are able to take deduct it out of your short-term instead of having to cut lunches, etc...

Cons

Where do I begin? Alabama does not have many opportunities to grow within the company. It is all about who you know and how bad you suck up to them. This company prides themselves on being "empathic, reliable, responsive and competent." In reality, the associates are unable to provide these attributes to clients because BB&T has cut the branch staff to the bare minimum. The "upper management" within the state is so far removed from the branch, they do not understand the daily demands. It is CLEAR that BB&T thinks "everyone is replaceable" and in that is simply not the case. I have seen some AMAZING, high-producing co-workers leave. The mistreatment of employees is so rough, that clients are starting to notice. They are leaving in droves. It is also not just the "front-line" associates who are unhappy. After calling the back office many, many times, you make friends. You hear about their stories and the misery they are soaking in. Observation proves most people are either: 1) close to retirement and trying to stay positive or 2) actively seeking a new job. BB&T has proven time-after-time to be a selfish bank. When you walk into YOUR personal bank, do you see 3 or fewer people (during your 5-8 minute wait) and they consider it "fully-staffed?"

If they were open to advice, I would have already given suggestions. Quite frankly, they think they have a well-oiled machine. In reality, they are losing employees and clients due to the lack of true leadership.

7. Good company and growing

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

You learn a lot about insurance and different processes. Very structured but due to the constant changes in the insurance industry some processes may be outdated.

Cons

Stressful at times. Not enough encouragement from some of the supervisors. Sometimes pushed to the max.

More guidance when asked by employees.

8. Very Corporate

Current Employee - IT Programmer
    Current Employee - IT Programmer

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits aren't bad. I get plenty of time off and the health insurance isn't too expensive.

Cons

Raises are, for all intents and purposes, non-existent. I'm by far the most productive employee in my department and, even though my boss would like to give me a real raise, he can't because of corporate mandated limits. There's also miles of red tape. So much so that nothing in IT ever gets done except for more committees and more red tape. It's frustrating if you are the sort of employee who wants to really make a difference because that's not allowed.

9. There are better Banks

Former Employee - Bank Teller
    Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The hours were good since it was mostly just week days.

Cons

So much pressure to sell products and hound customers to open more accounts.

10. Micromanaging at its best!!!

Current Employee - Lockbox Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Lockbox Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

Hourly pay was great for Lockbox Associate work

Cons

Supervisor micromanaged however never seem to know what was going on. She loved to talk and take breaks all day however if anyone was talking you were reprimanded. Inconsistent supervision. Workers always made quote however it was never enough.. the supervisor and her assistant would eat..text all day however we could not have phones on the floor. Poor management on the weekend shift.

Listen to your lockbox associates staff

Good not great

Current Employee - Branch Banker in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Branch Banker in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at BB&T

Pros

pension plan, 401k, can make additional money on salary

Cons

High pressure, company cares more about customers money and revenue than employees. Ask for more money than you make if you are worth it because they will low ball your pay and then ask you to work everyone's job and not get paid for it

actually manage your employees and know what you are doing to help your employees. Too much gossip and focus on sales and not on encouragement