BBC

www.bbc.co.uk

BBC Reviews in Salford, North West England, England

Tony Hall

Pros
  • The work/life balance is amazing(in 8 reviews)

• Excellent opportunities, great people, bosses are open to new ideas(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Far too many layers of management and hierarchy, stagnant workplace with a lot of people who remain in the org too long, difficult to get promoted(in 5 reviews)

• middle management & lack of security due to short term contracts(in 6 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great experience, very professional yet friendly environment

Dubbing Actor (Former Employee) Salford, North West England, England (UK)

ProsShort-term contract allowed me to gain experience and make contacts whilst studying at University.

ConsUnfortunately the TV programme wasn't broadcasted due to editorial changes.

Low pay and little progression

Production Assistant (Current Employee) Salford, North West England, England (UK)

ProsWell known brand, makes you feel important, looks good from outside. The buildings are nice and stylish to work within. You can work on great programmes/productions.

ConsLow pay, VERY hard to progress, long hours and pressurised.
    Short contracts and uncertainty about your job. No permanent roles therefore you cant plan a stable future financially.
    8/10 they know who they want for a job role but will still go through interview processes. So do some research into the area or position your applying for. It got to the point where I would ask beforehand if they 'already had someone in mind'.
    Get lots and lots of experience and connections behind you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing.

Creative Freedom, so many other restrictions

Executive Producer (Current Employee) Salford, North West England, England (UK)

ProsComparatively big budgets, respected and trusted broadcaster

ConsCorporate nonsense, lots of competition means managers let you fight it out for promotion rather than nurture you

Worked for BBC? Contribute to the Community!