BBC Worldwide

BBC Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

BBC Worldwide CEO Tim Davie

Tim Davie

Pros
  • Relatively good work/life balance if you try(in 9 reviews)

• Great brand and the products pretty much sell themselves(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • BBC's public service background pervades even the for-profit BBC Worldwide division(in 4 reviews)

• Blame culture, politics are rife, relationship with Public Service parent company can be strange and stressful(in 3 reviews)

BBC Worldwide NYC

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBrilliant people
    Supportive Management
    Positive Culture

ConsMore tedious than it may seem

Great benefits, low pay

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWonderful amazing co-workers, fantastic benefits package, and a really exciting company to work for if you are a can of the BBC brands.

ConsVery low pay (somewhat balanced by benefits package, especially if you have a family), lots of bureaucratic red tape.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company needs more training opportunities so that employees can keep skills up to date and move ahead. We need more open lines of communication between departments so that we are not competing with our own co-workers for the same business.

Amazing experience

Consumer Product Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIntelligent co-workers, great company culture

ConsTV and dvd business is going down. Only digital can save it.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally need to pay more attention to interns and training - you don't recuit all these people as short-term free labor

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

lively, young, and diverse workers. They all have a love for the company and have open work environment.

Press Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosopen floor plan. Straight forward career ladder.

Consno pay for interns. but opportunity to get hired after graduation. Interns need to have self-initiative in order to do work, or you will be doing nothing most of the time. I was not able to sit in on meetings, which would have been very helpful.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery dynamic, the working environment is very relaxing and cheerful. The salary is very competitive. The team is very friendly. Social

Consyou don't necessary work with other teams, sometime you have to work overtime. Internal communication is less effective.

Smart, Fun and Collaborative Work Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros-Intelligent, open-minded, friendly and non-hierarchical group of people
    -Beautiful, trendy office space
    -Overall good Work/Life balance
    -Generous vacation policy
    -Bonus potential for Staff employees (unless you get commission)
    -Full Company paid Medical/Dental benefits for you and your family
    -Fun events ex. Bagel Fridays, monthly Baking Days and Staff Get-Togethers
    -Plethora of teas, coffee and hot cocoa

Cons-Open layout plan, can get a little noisy at times
    -Must book conference rooms in advance
    -Lack of storage space at your desk
    -90 day waiting period for benefits to kick in

Advice to Senior ManagementFeedback should be given more than once a year. Some goals can be extremely difficult to achieve with a small team. Review and increase departmental budgets and headcount to help with workload.

Good Office, Upper Management Issues

Account Coordinator (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSmall office with a very relaxed culture. I was happy with my salary or my position and the free health benefits.

ConsUpper management gets compensation for cutting budgets and makes poor choices for the regional offices to meet their quotas.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on people management

Great benefits, good early-career employer.

Creative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOutstanding benefits. Free healthcare. Good 401k matching. Good vacation and paid-time-off benefits.

ConsLittle potential for growth. Not much in terms of career advancement opportunities. The management is quite open about sub-par pay and seems unwilling to correct the problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your own employees. Empower them. Try to find out why people are leaving, then act on it.

Gained lots of experience at a time when BBC America is coming into its own.

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of opportunity for an intern to be creative and have their voice heard. Got to give input on content. They value interns.

ConsInterns not paid despite doing work that should be compensated. Sometimes I wish I would have been kept a bit more consistently involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building!

BBC Worldwide is a great place to gain truly professional experience, but don't expect opportunities to advance.

Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPros include intelligent, motivated colleagues and premium content. People are impressed when they hear you work for BBC Worldwide. Solid benefits.

ConsCons includes very few opportunities to advance internally and little interaction with other departments. What they lack in salary compensation they make up for in benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage your employees to experience other departments at the company.

Worked for BBC Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!