BBDO Atlanta

Be The First To
Add Photos

BBDO Atlanta President & CEO Gill Duff

Gill Duff

Great for resume, not so much for YOU

ProsGreat resume builder, good place to get your feet wet, "extra" holidays, nice work/life balance, friendly people

Conslittle room to grow, 5+ year raise freeze, nothing ever gets done on time

fabulous

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslots of employee perks ; great atmosphere

Consterrible pay for interns, sadly

You could do better

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat location. Prestige of the agency name.

ConsGood old boy culture. Lax account management team; just-OK creative. Overall a general lack of agency point of view, and abysmal sense of leadership. 'The Work The Work The Work' is definitely accurate but don't be mislead into thinking this means quality of work or actual guiding philosophies on doing said work. They actually mean, 'We're going to work you until you sweat blood' with no concern for your personal time, growth or development. No structures in place for support or training. Employees are distant, aloof and sometimes outright hostile towards each other. New creative director is lazy and mean. There are some 'superstars' there but they've been here for ages and probably won't leave. Existing clients are, overall, a bit dull and this office has had trouble winning new accounts (and keeping existing ones) for some time. To boot, the president was recently replaced. That there should tell you this place isn't exactly a beacon of innovation or creative excellence. Would not be surprised at all if it's shuttered within the next 3-5 years; there's nothing special happening here. Oh, and the office itself looks like a bland insurance agency from 1997. We're talking ratty IKEA furniture, tattered beige chairs, nearly filthy rooms that two 17-year olds building a start up would find appalling. Unless you absolutely cannot find work anywhere else, avoid this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in people. Do something about good old boy network and the insane demands clients place on teams.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

BBDO Atlanta was a fun, creative place to work.

Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat client roster. A lot of young people to make the day more fun.

ConsRaise freeze for the past 3 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your current employees. Giving annual raises or bonuses would help decrease turnover and you wouldn't have to hire new people at a higher cost.

Nice atmosphere, horrible people management

Management Supervisor (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFast paced environment, upbeat and friendly employees

ConsUntrustworthy management, lack of pay raise, web of lies. misconception that they have a solid creative team. For the price they charge, the work is mediocre.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep up. NY runs all offices anyway, but BBDO Atlanta needs to land some businesses, do real creative work and treat employees well.

It's not that bad

ProsGreat office and people are very friendly

ConsVery political. Upper management needs more experience handling clients

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide management better training

Proceed with Caution

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYoung, casual, creative environment - nice office space, flex hours, buckhead location

ConsTerrible management, bad treatment of employees, raise freeze, understaffed, lack of job stability, rude colleagues

Advice to Senior ManagementYou reap what you sow - Treat your people and clients better and maybe business will improve too.

Account Management Intern

Regional Account Management Intern (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosgreat people to meet, quick to advance in positions and other interns going through the same experience. Hire individuals from different states. Great name to put on your resume.

ConsTerrible pay! Very noninclusive for interns, and not a lot of learning. More administrative work. Many interns sit in an intern closet far away from their team. Not really an internship "program"

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the interns be more involved in meetings and projects. Make it more of a learning experience instead of someone to do cheaper labor. You never even meet senior management.

Mediocre Internship- pool of cheap labor

Regional Account Management Intern (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAwesome people
    Exposure to big name clients
    Career Collateral

Conspoor treatment of interns
    wage freeze
    poor leadership
    deceptive HR.
    The hiring process in very opaque. Interns sit in an old utility closet and are fed the work Account Coordinators don't bother to do. I have done several internships before and this ranks as my worst experience. The agency is not invested in its interns- nothing new is taught beyond banal deliverables. Minimum wage!! Some entry-level positions are below the market average (20k's). O.k. experience if you want a big agency on your resume, bad experience and if you are looking to learn and grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to your interns for a fresh perspective on processes and media trends. Be open to problem-solving suggestions (i.e. Google Docs).

Tough place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBig name clients, nice office building

ConsDemanding clients, very long hours

Worked for BBDO Atlanta? Contribute to the Community!